What's new

[February 17-19 2012, Cannes - France] World Game Cup 2012

World Game Cup 2012

5th Edition – Palais des Festivals de Cannes

February 17th to 19th 2012

First Announcement

Presentation:

Set in the heart of the Festival International des Jeux, in the prestigious Palais des Festivals de Cannes, a world-renown, exceptional place, the World Game Cup is an arena where the best fighters from every continent will fight to the finish during three fun-filled days.

The Official Games of the 2012 Edition:

Soulcalibur V*
Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3
Super Street Fighter IV: Arcade Edition
Street Fighter III: 3rd Strike Online Edition
BlazBlue: Continuum Shift Extend
The King Of Fighters XIII

* Tournament availability is subject to the official release of the game, spots will be confirmed when registration opens.

NEW!

The seventh game of the tournament will be put to the vote of the Internet denizens which will choose between the following selected titles:

The King Of Fighters 2002 UM
Mortal Kombat 9
Tekken 6
Arcana Heart 3
Garou: Mark Of The Wolves
Super Street Fighter II Turbo HD REMIX

>>> The winners of the tournaments will be awarded gifts and cash-prizes. Registration will only be available through the official website starting in October 2011. Entry spots are subject to availability.

The World Team Cup 2012:

More than a huge tournament venue open to everybody, the World Game Cup also is an incredible place where one can witness an unforgettable show: the world's first national team based fighting game competition!

World Team Cup of Super Street Fighter IV AE
World Team Cup of Ultimate Marvel vs Capcom 3
World Team Exhibition of Soulcalibur V

>>> Note: competition reserved to national teams

New in the 2012 Edition:

>>> Playable previews available to both competitors and visitors.

>>> The Master Series: Witness the awesome abilities of the best players in the World while they prove their worth on the newest fighting games on the market.

>>> A Perfect Stream:
Watch our two channels and live the three days of the tournament like you're there, never miss a moment of the action. Commentary will be available in English, French and Japanese!
Finally, this year the World Game Cup will receive players from all around the World.
The list will be updated with each new notable entrant.

Info, Registration, Schedule:

http://www.worldgamecup.com

French speaking website:

http://www.worldgamecup.fr

World Game Cup Forums:

http://www.gnouz-corporation.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=222

WGC Video Vault:
http://www.worldgamecup.com/articles.php?article=8796

WGC Twitter Account:
http://twitter.com/WorldGameCup

WGC Facebook Event Page:
http://www.facebook.com/events/create/?eid=148427931918148

PND OmegaK

Drunk and Orderly
Voted.

[MENTION=1]STORMS[/MENTION], would you mind plugging this to get the word out? Europe would love you more than we already do. <3

STORMS

Co-founder
Founder
Premium Supporter
Voted.

@STORMS , would you mind plugging this to get the word out? Europe would love you more than we already do. <3
Will do. I'll get an article up at some point. Since this isn't until next year it won't be at least till later December. I'll try to give this a plug on the Kombat Network stream at NEC as well.

PND_Mustard

"More stealthful than the night"
Premium Supporter
trying to vote but it seems you have to register and their confirmation codes are impossible to read and now ive been locked out of it till tommorow, this site blows :/

can we all vote more than once?

PND OmegaK

Drunk and Orderly
Will do. I'll get an article up at some point. Since this isn't until next year it won't be at least till later December. I'll try to give this a plug on the Kombat Network stream at NEC as well.
Thanks man, you do wonders for this community. :)

shura30

Shura
How the fuck do you vote on that site?
when you enter the basic infos click for the language and select english
macically the whole page get translated

took 3 retries to get those stupid recaptcha down -___-

we can vote once per account

we managed to give 2 votes since yesterday - motw is still 20 votes to 8 :(
as soon as the other italian fellas get the registration down there should be more

we need to hurry

boss,
voting ends 12/15
we need to hurry because we're a lot of votes below motw (which i love too but don't prefer over mk)
a front page roll call will be of great help

PND_Mustard

"More stealthful than the night"
Premium Supporter
dude dont worry the votes will come, ill do mine when im back from uni later

Sasuga

Noob
What?! Garou:MOTW has twice the number of votes MK has?!? I'm trying to figure out how to vote.

[EDIT] Voted!

shura30

Shura
i think we should post something there too

i did saying my vote for mk

i wouldn't want administration there to call fraud because mk will surpass motw in no time

Jelan

Aquaman is dead lel
I received the message shura, thanks for the heads up. I've voted for MK and started sharing it on skype and forums.

STORMS

Co-founder
Founder
Premium Supporter
when you enter the basic infos click for the language and select english
macically the whole page get translated

took 3 retries to get those stupid recaptcha down -___-

we can vote once per account

we managed to give 2 votes since yesterday - motw is still 20 votes to 8 :(
as soon as the other italian fellas get the registration down there should be more

we need to hurry

boss,
voting ends 12/15
we need to hurry because we're a lot of votes below motw (which i love too but don't prefer over mk)
a front page roll call will be of great help
in that case, it will be done by tonight. Thanks

shura30

Shura
yeah we're just 5 votes away from the top

once the boss will give us full front page support we're on board for good

edit: 7 votes away from the top, where are you guys?

Crathen

Death is my business
haven't seen this posted yet , general rules and regulations:

1. The Venue

The event known as « The World Game Cup 2012″ will take place in the Palais des Festivals of the city of Cannes at 15 Rue Jean de Riouffe 06400 Cannes.

The tournaments will be played at niveau -1 (underground level -1) in the « zone jeux vidéo » (video games area) of the Festival International des Jeux.

2. Date & Time

The event known as « The World Game Cup 2012″ will take place from Friday Febuary the 17th 2011 to Sunday Febuary the 19th 2011.

The Palais des Festivals will be open from 10AM to 8PM every day.

Entrance to the Festival International des Jeux is free.

3. Unfolding of the Game Phases

3.1 Player’s Reception

All players will have to go to the registration station situated in the aforementioned suitable area.

3.2 Training Zone & Competition Zone

The players who payed their entry fee will have access to two separate zones:

- The Training Zone, where they will be able to freely try and train on the games which are not in competition at the moment.
- The Competition Zone, where they will be able to train for the tournaments to come, if they registered for them.

The Competition Zone is only available to the players who registered for the current tournament.

3.3 Pools Phase (solo)
Pools are run in double elimination.
The winner of the Winner’s Bracket finishes 1st of his/her pool.
The winner of the Loser’s Bracket finishes 2nd of his/her pool.
The players will be spread in a new double elimination bracket (with a « life reset »): the players which finished first will be pitted against the second of another pool (and vice-versa).

3.4 Knockout Phase (solo)

The players who are victorious after the Pools Phase will go on to the Knockout Phase.

During this phase, the players will face each other to get to the Finals Phase.

Some tournaments are « double bracketed » (using double elimination) allowing a player who already lost a match to continue to compete in the tournament. (with the exclusion of x for which the loser of the match can replace his team)

3.4 Pools & Knockout Phase (team)

All the teams and World Team tournament use single elimination format, 1 set per match from the beginning to the end of the tournament.

——

Addendum:

As all registrations will now be made Online, the tournaments will begin earlier in the morning (don’t be late!).
As a result, the pools will be drawn in early February (with seeded players).
This draw will affect all the console tournaments: Solo, Team, Special Events and World Team Cup events.

The draw of The World Game Cup tournaments will be filmed & available as a Online Stream on the Website.

Consequently, players will be able to check their pools and competitors (& their characters) before the tournaments!

3.5 Finals

The winner of the loser bracket and the winner of the winner bracket will face each other during the finals.

The winner of the loser bracket must win 2 sets to be victorious.

The winner of the winner bracket must win 1 sets to be victorious.

3.6 Prize Ceremony.

Coming Soon

4. Detailed Schedule

Coming Soon

5. Hardware

XBOX 360 ONLY for all tournaments, except TEKKEN TAG TOURNAMENT 2 which will run on the arcade cabinet version.

Be advised that for all these tournaments, you must come with your own accessories (adapters included). The organization simply won’t be able to lend pads, adapters and/or sticks.
The WGC is a BYOC event! (bring your own controller, be it a pad or a stick)
You will of course be allowed to borrow accessories from other players, but it mustn’t be a bother or holdup the competition (as you might get disqualified if that’s the case).

All game controllers allowing macros/cheats are strictly forbidden, as are the activation of turbo/automatic modes on any allowed controller.

6. Registration

We’d like to remind you that it won’t be possible to register at the venue.

- The online registration service is already available.
- Registration will close on February the 8th 2012 at midnight CET.
- Each registration fee will be €5 more expensive after January the 1rst 2012 at midnight CET.
- You’ll be able to pick up your « player badge » from Friday February the 17th 2012 to Sunday February the 19th 2012, at the « admin » of the World Game Cup.
- If you so choose to enter a tournament on your arrival day, you must pick up your badge at the booth before 11AM.
- The pools / brackets will be announced on our official website on Sunday February the 12th 2012.

You’ll be able to pay by MAJOR CREDIT CARDS or PAYPAL by clicking on the links below

Coming Soon

7. Intellectual Property Rights Waver

Any one person completing the registration for a tournament of the event known as « The World Game Cup 2012″ gives its organization the right to use the photo or video image of the said person for promotional use. One can deny the use of its image when confirming its registration.

8. Disqualification

Any player refusing to respect the schedule created by the organization will be disqualified & won’t be refunded.
The players will be called to play by the referees, if they aren’t in the tournament zone by the third (3rd) call, they will be disqualified.

Under such circumstances, it is highly recommended that the players remain in the Competition Zone for the whole duration of the tournament(s) they signed up for.

Please be advised the organization of the event known as « The World Game Cup 2012″ reserves the right to disqualify a participant if:

- The player tries, by any means possible, to cheat during a tournament.
- The player utters insults or threats towards other players.
- The player has a racist behavior, is violent and/or reviling.

The registration of a player in a tournament of the World Game Cup includes an explicit and total acceptance of the rules & regulations of the games in competition.

I seriosly hope that they use at least a best of 3 rule

Flagg

Noob
I took one look at that page and said to myself: "ZUT ALORS!"

In all seriousness, how the Hell does one vote? I see MK is dominating, but this needs more votes for the landslide victory!

EDIT: Nevermind, I found the English translation. Registered and voted.

STORMS

Co-founder
Founder
Premium Supporter
I took one look at that page and said to myself: "ZUT ALORS!"

In all seriousness, how the Hell does one vote? I see MK is dominating, but this needs more votes for the landslide victory!

EDIT: Nevermind, I found the English translation. Registered and voted.
You basically have to put the link in to Google Translator, register then vote.

MK9 is at 54 right now btw... :)