What's new

[Feb 4, 2012] RVAtournaments.com presents: The River City Bowl! (Richmond, VA)

vegeta

Saiyan Prince
Well on the real I've seen xbox have several problems with games as well as PS3. Tekken for instance (Raven doing any shadow clone moves on 360 lagged the system etc etc) but PS3 I guess has it's share (dunno since I play most fighters on PS3 and my 360 converter is laggy) In any event it's as simple as if you don't wanna go then don't if you do then do *shrugs* Nobody has a gun to anyone's head lol

Korpse

PTH | Korpse
The 360 has been known to have random spikes of lag, actually affecting the live game play.
Video evidence plz or i'm calling bullshit, i have never noticed this, ps3 mk9 has also frozen on me more times offline than xbox mk9 has done for on and offline

SwiftTomHanks

missiles are coming
Video evidence plz or i'm calling bullshit, i have never noticed this, ps3 mk9 has also frozen on me more times offline than xbox mk9 has done for on and offline
I'll see if I can dig up some research. I've never had the ps3 version of MK freeze on me. I do hear that xbox is way better for online play, which makes a lot of sense but is not at all applicable for tournament play.

What is the confirmed pre regs for mk9 now? How many do you expect to see? I want to attend, but I also don't want to drive 4 hours to fight 4 people if you know what I mean. Morehead, NC here.

BDMao88

Filthy Casual
I'm definitely going, I'm just not prereg due to my paypal is messed up. Good chance I will be driving trickylizard down for mk9 and ki.

Creepy00

Kombatant
Yea as long as you don't mind sitting in the back of a small ford focus listening to megadeth. Also would be great if you could chip in some gas money as I'm asking of tricky too.
Well, i probably will have to bend my head, but will take it. Sure, thing will be the fairest thing to do. Thanks for the offer :D
That being said, time to grind in some some mk online. Sending me the details via PM.

BDMao88

Filthy Casual
What is the confirmed pre regs for mk9 now? How many do you expect to see? I want to attend, but I also don't want to drive 4 hours to fight 4 people if you know what I mean. Morehead, NC here.
There will definitely be at least 4 people since I will now be driving creepy,flip, and tricky.

RenegadeVA

Mortal

well, last MK9 tourney in september had 19 people, and was a really fun event.

I'll see if I can get this one front paged, bringing the hype and even more heads.

As far as "confirmed pre regs" the last day to sign up for the tourney to get the discount is wednesday/thursday, so I expect 90% of the pre-regs to happen between monday and thursday as people finalize plans. That's pretty much how it is.

The problem w/ the "wait and see" attitude is that when everyone "wait and sees" there tends to be a whole lotta waiting.

However, Blackula's coming, RyRy will be there, Chronos will be there, so there will be good comp for sure.

Thanks for the feedback, really appreciate it. Still not 100%, but I am going to try to make this. I need revenge on Blackula anyway from our last meeting... That's some additional motivation. If I am certain, I'll pre reg and confirm in the thread.

Creepy00

Kombatant
For those that didn't notice, the system for the tourney will be XBox 360. Renegade has 2 PS1/PS2 to 360 XTokki converters though. I have two XConverter360 PS1/PS2 to 360 converters, but for these converters you need wired XBox360 controllers to make them work.
Since, i will attending i got a ps2 controller just today. So i wondering, if you could led me one of your ps2 to 360 converters through the tourney, I may try to play sc5 this time lol

Lulzlou

Kombatant
BDMao, FlipinFlava, Creepy00, Mysticism and TrickyLizard are meeting up at my house friday evening/night for some mk9 practice. If anyone is interested, send me a message c:

BDMao88

Filthy Casual
Creepy, do you have a WIRED 360 pad? You need one of those to use the XConverter360.
Why does he need a wired 360 pad if he wants to use a ps2 controller? I have a wired 360 controller I will be using, maybe he can use it when I'm not playing? Hopefully we won't end up playing each other ;)

Blackula

I SEE EVERYTHING!
Why does he need a wired 360 pad if he wants to use a ps2 controller? I have a wired 360 controller I will be using, maybe he can use it when I'm not playing? Hopefully we won't end up playing each other ;)
I have two XConverter360 PS1/PS2 to 360 converters, but for these converters you need wired XBox360 controllers to make them work.
You have to plug the wired 360 controller in the converter to synch those particular converters to the 360 to use your PS1/PS2 controllers with them.

With the newer ETokki converters, you don't need this as you just simply plug that converter in the 360.

Creepy00

Kombatant
Didnt know that about xconverter360, lucky me most of friends play xbox 360 all the times. I can just borrow one without problem.

Blackula

I SEE EVERYTHING!
Robin did say he was going to have some ETokki converters. You don't need 360 pads to make those work. Just plug and play.

ImmortalSkillit

SteeevRay
Maybe I missed this in a earlier post, but are the doors opening at 11am, or is that when the actual games are going to kick off? Just curious, trying to find out when I need to head on up there