What's new

[Feb 25, 2012] 9.95's 24 Hour Memorial Fundraiser Stream (Phil's House!)

Noob
The more people I talk to about this, the more hype I'm getting for it... can't wait for Saturday!

Noob
2 Days till we start this... gonna have 2 memorial donation funds set up to honor my mom and one other for a friend.

Noob
Confirmed Special Guests

In Person
Dark Rob
Tom Brady*** (possibly coming with Dark Rob)
JamessMK

PSN/XBL
Tim Static

Special Events
9.95 vs. Tim Static - MK9 FT10 ONLINE - one of the few chances to see both players play MK9 EVER!

Noob
Cant wait to reveal all the new tech ive been hiding from the community. Kratos FTW!
We should nail down a time for this event... I want people to know when to tune in for this! Not everyday that people will get to see you or me play MK9...

Tim Static

Adminerator
We should nail down a time for this event... I want people to know when to tune in for this! Not everyday that people will get to see you or me play MK9...
or play online in general. lol.

I would practice but just because I havent played it since July doesnt mean I need too!

Noob
I WANT to get a 4 player 1985 TMNT game going as well... awesomeness...

if anyone has TMNT 1985 on XBL and wants to play it on stream, let me know and we'll do it as part of the 24hr stream.

I also have Turtles in Time Reshelled

Street Fighter II' Hyper Fighting
HDR
3s
Samurai Showdown 2
Fatal Fury Special
Outrun Online Arcade

and other games that I'll willingly use for the stream... people just need to let me know what they want to play and we'll see what we can set up.

I will obviously do MK2, MK9, maybe some UMK3, maybe some KI(depends on a few things), SCV... I also just got Samurai Shodown Sen... Know it sucks but whatever...LOL

Noob
I have TMNT:Reshelled, MKAK, UMK3 on XBL. I'll probably even buy 1985 TMNT if we can get 4p.
MKAK, MK2, MK9 PS3
I think Shock has it, and I think that Tim has it... so we're pretty close to a 4 player.

DIBS ON RAPHAEL!!!

RunwayMafia

Shoot them. Shoot them all.
I am so sorry to hear that. I work in nursing and MS is just a bitterly disgusting disease...I would love to help out!

Noob
I am so sorry to hear that. I work in nursing and MS is just a bitterly disgusting disease...I would love to help out!
Thank you sir... please be sure to watch and support... donate if you can... and let me know if you want to play something on stream.

RunwayMafia

Shoot them. Shoot them all.
Thank you sir... please be sure to watch and support... donate if you can... and let me know if you want to play something on stream.
I can't imagine what it must be like to lose a parent....it's so sad. You do so much for this community so don't act like you are just some schmuck.. :) I don't know you but I'd love to donate some money towards your cause. I read an article in The Economist once that basically said that if every working adult in the world donated 50 dollars a year to a scientific research organization that we would have cures for all known diseases and then some...and I totally believe it. Look at HIV/AIDS...they basically have a cure for that now...all because people donated money to help research.

Noob
RunwayMafia I really appreciate it... you're right.. MS is a horrible disease, but my mom didn't let it define who she was. She had MS, but until she couldn't walk anymore, she lived her life. She was successful in her life... not monetarily, but in everything else she did... she was successful... including fighting MS for 15 years and Diabetes for 30+ years.

If I can be HALF the person she was in my lifetime, I'll be a very successful person.

Noob
Give me an excuse to buy the Simpsons. ^_^
Guardian Heroes 9.95?
I don't have it, but I wouldn't be opposed to getting it... lemme see how many points I have when I get home...

BTW, Simpsons is FREE on PSN if you have PSN+

Noob
First post updated with donation info for the National Multiple Sclerosis Society and the American Diabetes Association.

Noob
Phil, does this mean I could have an excuse to brush up on my Samurai Showdown skills?
Absolutely!

Also, those who want to get the ball rolling, remember, the MS and Diabetes fundraising pages are posted in the original post...

Shady

Noob
Sorry to hear this man. I will be at work in the morning, but once I come around I'll tune in and gladly donate. After all that you've done for this community, it's the least we can all do.

I am in a difficult place with my dad due to a stroke at the moment myself so anything I can do to help out any cause like this, I'm all for it.