What's new

Question Favourite MK Stage?

Kooron Nation

More Ass and Tits for MK11
Was curious what everyone's favourite ever Mortal Kombat stage? Can include all stages from any Mortal Kombat game.

My favourite would probably be Subway from MK9 and multiple other MK games, it's easily the best classic map and also has the best Stage Fatality by far.
Evil Forest would be a close second.

I'm personally pretty disappointed with MKX maps, I only like Crossroads and Marketplace, neither of which have a Stage Fatality. The lack of Stage fatalities really hurts, next MK I hope they have a stage fatal for every one.

Deadly alliance stages were the best imo. dragonfly, house of pekara, nethership exterior, shang tsungs palace in- and exterior come to my mind.

closely followed by mk 9 stages.

classic mk: subway, pit, living forest!

mkx stages somehow lack the feel for me, they look like a lot of stereotypical ideas thrown together, somehow incomplete. but the kove, kotal courtyard and sky temple are appealing.

Last edited:

Kooron Nation

Deadly alliance stages were the best imo. dragonfly, house of pekara, nethership exterior, shang tsungs palace in- and exterior come to my mind.

closely followed by mk 9 stages.

classic mk: subway, pit, living forest!

mkx stages somehow lack the feel for me, they look like a lot of stereotypical ideas thrown together, somehow incomplete. but the kove, kotal courtyard and sky temple are appealing.
Armageddon and Deadly Alliance had some awesome maps, that one on the pirate ship you mentioned was awesome

SpineRip

Noob
Pit 2 from MK2 is probably my all time favourite, especially seeing it in the Arcade for the first time from way back. But I like most stages from MK2. The atmosphere with the music is just timeless.
This gets my vote. I still love seeing that birds-eye view animation as they fall down to the bottom.

There's a lot of good levels in the MK series, but this one is the first that came to mind.

Tanno

The Fantasy is the Reality of the Mind
The Pit, the Sky Temple, the Dead Woods and the Training Room. Those are my favorite. Reason? It eases my eyes, because I can't stand the bright background. I always put the Pit as my selected area to help me get concentrated only to my character and the AI for training sessions.

And it seems that my TV is about to get fucked up with those stuff going on on my monitor. I'll consider buying a 4K UHD monitor just for the HDR mode.

Youphemism

Gunslinger since pre patch (sh/out to The Farmer)
Yes! If you fought for too long you both died haha, was epic.

Also @Youphemism thst Stage in your profile pic is a fav of mine, whatever it's called
I don't actually know what it is myself lol. I only have that because my old profile pic wasn't suitable any more and it has Fujin and Havik in it, my two favourite MK characters.

Kooron Nation

There's way too many from MK to MK9 to list. I'll have to think about it.

Pit 2 from MK2 is probably my all time favourite, especially seeing it in the Arcade for the first time from way back. But I like most stages from MK2. The atmosphere with the music is just timeless.

MKX visually though there's a lot I don't like, music is a bit bland too but I do like the Deadwoods, Sky Temple (though I won't choose it online like others) and Jin Sei Chamber.

Kuatan Jungle is also pretty good but more in gameplay considering how short the distance is and the interactables.
Yeah I feel like the music plays a big role in a lot of it too, none of the MKX levels have typical MK-esque music that we all love, maybe Destroyed City is closest to typical MK music.
But still all the old MK levels which we loved were ones that involved gore, horror, and things that you wanted to kill the opponent with.

Kooron Nation

I don't actually know what it is myself lol. I only have that because my old profile pic wasn't suitable any more and it has Fujin and Havik in it, my two favourite MK characters.
Such a shame Havik isn't in MKX, the story would've been so much better if they had of stuck with the comics where he was the big baddy, he would look so dope in MKX graphics. Although I can't really think of any variations for him

TamedLizard

Buff George
I can't just pick one so I'll do top 5 (in no order) -

Warrior Shrine (MK1 - really wanted to see this revamped in MKX since it missed out in MK9)

The Dead Pool (MK2/MK9 - love the music track)

The Pit (all versions lol)

The Kove - beautifully rendered arena

Lastly is a toss up between Falling Cliffs and Sky Temple. Both from MKD, both had exceptional tracks.

Kooron Nation

The Kove hands down.

Visually stunning and has the best stage fatality.

MK9 subway stage fatality is a close second.
No way the Kraken fatality is better than slamming someone's face up against a moving train, and then throwing them in front of another one after just incase they were still alive!
Do you like the music on The Kove?

Kooron Nation

I can't just pick one so I'll do top 5 (in no order) -

Warrior Shrine (MK1 - really wanted to see this revamped in MKX since it missed out in MK9)

The Dead Pool (MK2/MK9 - love the music track)

The Pit (all versions lol)

The Kove - beautifully rendered arena

Lastly is a toss up between Falling Cliffs and Sky Temple. Both from MKD, both had exceptional tracks.
Is MKD Sky Temple the one with the Hammer in the middle at the top and you can hit them off each side to go lower ?
Falling Cliffs is so hype

SneakyTortoise

Official Master of Salt
No way the Kraken fatality is better than slamming someone's face up against a moving train, and then throwing them in front of another one after just incase they were still alive!
Do you like the music on The Kove?
I really like them both, but I think the kraken is better. It has more of a surprise and wow factor about it.

I honestly can't think of a single stage song from MKX. NRS soundtracks are dreadfully forgetful

Linkuei82

Live by the sword, Die by the sword
There way too many for me to list lol. I know most of them are from the Classic MKs. So I'll just go with any stage from MK1, MK2, MK3, and UMK3.