What's new

Question Favorite Matches To Run

I find it fun to go against Cyrax while playing as Noob Saibot.

Fighting Sektor/Kenshi as Freddy Krueger is also quite interesting.

Mains: Cage and Jax
I love Cage mirrors and Jax mirrors
I love fighting Rain, Sektor, Scorpion, and Smoke with both my characters.
I love fighting Sub Zero when I play as Jax, GP iceballs and ice clones all day.
Fighting Cage when I play as Jax I love, hate vice versa.

NKZero

Noob
as Sub Zero:
  • vs Sub Zero: what else can I say? The best mirror in MK9....da smart stuff!
  • vs Johnny Cage: this fool has a habit of rushing people down....yeah say hi to the clone
  • vs Scorpion: I like to prove my superiority over the inferior ninja....Sub Zero will always win this rivalry
as Sektor:
  • vs Cyrax: same reason as Sub vs Scorp. Sektor is the better robot....end of
  • vs Kabal: I actually enjoy this MU as I don't worry too much about wading through iaGB crap, also 6 frames for NDC punish :)

STB Sgt Reed

Online Warrior
Thread title says it all, what are your favorite match ups to run with your character(s) and why? I figured this could be a fun, chill thread. Could be insightful and interesting.

As Stryker:

Sektor: I really love this match up because I'm always on my toes and moving around, guessing as is the Sektor player and the right read on a teleport by either player nets both huge damage, they both cannot play a traditional zoning game.

It's truly a test of player patience and it's such a fun match up to me for that reason.

Jade: This match up is fun, purely because it's all about footsies, spacing, patience and making the right reads. Since both characters specialize counterzoning, it really adds a deep dimension to the match up to time your zoning and counterzoning tools as well as spacing your opponent out well, a really fair match up for sure.

Sindel: This match up is so weird, it's like a big zoning war and it really can swing either way depending on who has zoning advantage and gets their stuff going first, especially since they both have really angled zoning. It's just a really fast paced, chaotic match to play, but it's a blast.

Discuss :).
Where's the "As Jade" version? :(

STB Sgt Reed

Online Warrior
As for my answers...

hmm...

As Sub Zero:

Johnny Cage - B/c it's a match that is slightly in Sub's favor but feels very rewarding when you win. Sub is one of the few characters that can keep cage off you so I love that. It's also a chess match of who can turtle better with a life lead (or it seems that way a lot) and to me... it's the better sub mirror. :p

Scorpion - Simply b/c it's the classic MK match of the poster boys. Plus D4 freeze is hella sexy when scorpion teleports. lol

Rain - I like this match thanks to playing Smarrgasm countless times and @RenoRacks at Battle and Brew (that match was hype!). It feels like a very even matchup to me and those are always fun.

Jade - Another even matchup that feels like a great chess game to me. Plus, Dat ass.

Jax - I have no idea why really... I just do. lol

As Raiden:

Zoners - LOL, just b/c it's a nice change to be able to get in on them whenever I want (getting blown up or not haha).

Lord Beef

Death Metal and Trance
As sub -

Sub v Cage - Chess all the way. He can't rush down because of the clone, I can't play too much defense because I do no chip. You must be on point with counter pokes if you don't want to eat d3 into f3 all day long, the EX Nut punch mindgame is great too. That moment when he's sitting there waiting for my d4 so he can gobble it up with ex nut punch whilst I'm trying to bait it out with an empty approach. So good.

Midnight63 is my favorite cage to play, bar none.

Sub v Reptile - All about momentum and spacing, this match and pure corner ass-fuckerry.
xFriction_Burnx
Joker8417

Sub v Jax- Because ducking a dash punch and punishing with 22~freeze feels fucking boss. Real talk though, even though his hit box makes it taough for me, and mine is a field day for him, this match boils down to who dies first in the corner and I love it. Recently had a match with a VERY good jax player it went something like this: Start of match, punished dash punch and comboed jax into the corner, borderline flawless. Next round, I get hit with ex OHS, flipped into corner, jax gets a near flawless. Third round I hit with ex slide, jax never leaves corner. We played nearly a whole set like this, going back and forth killing one another in the corner, so fun.

Sub V Smoke/Raiden - I kinda classify these together as I like them for the same reasons. Tough match up, but I get to lame it out after I get a life lead. Dat smart stuff.

As scorpion -
Scorpion v Mileena - No one suspects the lame scorpion. :D Bring your dumb ass telekicks, you're eating 38% and a vortex everytime. Ill eat block strings all day from this bitch if I have to, that kick is coming sooner or later. And punishing d4 with b2 on a read feel GDLK!.

Scorpion v Cyrax - Can be tough to get out of pressure, really tough actually. But just like him, I have that come back ffactor. Some of the hypest set's I've played were of this match. So fun, its like a war is going on on screen.

Scorpion vs Noob - Two of the coolest looking ninjas in the game, black goo, fire, teleports, hella reads/reactionary play. Resets and shenanigans. Doesn't get much better.
Grolarbears is my dawg for this match up.

Scorpion vs Kenshi - because it is not impossible to win this match at the highest level like it is with my other main lol. On the real, both players must respect the other's armor in certain situations. As they are both game changers. (teleflurry vs EXspear, GET BLOWN UP. Whiffed tele into pressure vs EX RisingKarma, GET BLOWN UP!)

I like CSZ vs. anyone but Jax and Kitana. Reptile vs. all.

I like fighting certain people more than others. The ones that make you turn autopilot off and think.

I really love Noob vs. Johnny Cage
Noob vs. SZ
Noob vs. Kitana

Raiden vs. SZ
Raiden vs. Liu Kang
and Raiden vs. Kitana

Idk. Maybe I just really have fun fighting JC, Kitana, and SZ. :p

Kung Lao:
1) Mirror match
2) Smoke

Kitana:
1) Kenshi
2) Mileena

Freddy vs Sub Zero
Stryker vs Sub Zero
Kabal vs Sheeva
Sub mirror

Kevo

Formerly Kevo8390
As cage I love to fight sub, Lao, rain, mileena, Shang, and smoke.
As sektor I like fighting Freddy and noob.

Espio

Kokomo
I now really love the Shang Tsung versus Stryker match up, I'm not good at it, but it's fun cause it's very footsie intensive and a lot of spacing and moving around, you cannot purely zone Shang you have play a strong footsie game to hang with him, which I love. It's very tricky.

As Jade: I love fighting Stryker, Sektor, and Sheeva.

Illmatix

Remember, representing ermac is illmatic.
Smoke vs Sub Zero

For the simple reason that at some point, one of the players are going to have to shit or get off the pot. Neither character can chip away at the other. At some point things are going to get personal. It's a test of who can be more tactical and patient. Exploiting openings and punishing at every opportunity.

Shout outs to

Quantum_Mekanikz
o-BEEF_SUPREME-o
@jntoonio

Sent from my jailbroken iPhone using a pirated copy of Tapatalk
that does sound fun.

HGTV Soapboxfan

"Always a Pleasure"
As cage.... kabal. You have to be so on point and be a complete cage to even stand a chance. Idk why that is fun to me, but it is what it is.

NickDaGreek1983

Oh, my days !
01) XBlades' Kang - Tyrant's Jax
02) XBlades' Kang - P Board Player's Kung Lao
03) Detroit Ballin's Ermac - CDjr's Jax
04) Tom Brady's Subby - Chris G's Reptile
05) GamerBlake's Sonya - Tyrant's Jax
06) Big D's Nightwolf - CDjr's Smoke
07) Shoryuken's Kang - Cat's Kabal
08) Tom Brady's Cage - TonyT's Cyrax
09) MIT's Kang - PerfectLegend's Lao
10) DJT's Subby - Perfect Legend's Lao
11) Slips' Hasashi - Brady's Subby
12) Krayzie's Cyrax - Maxter's Cyrax
13) Tyrant's Jax - CDjr's Jax

Wemfs

The only morality in a cruel world is chance.
As Sindel
Sheeva coz of the hair whip tech's coolness.
Subby coz she's 1 of his worst MUs.
Kratos coz I love the parry vs. hairwhip conflict lol.
Whoreleena coz I pat myself on the back everytime I beat one.

As Sheeva
Jax coz it's an armored grappler's thing.
Lao just for punishing his spin when he thinks my TS will be on him lol
Whoreleena just for how good it feels to low grab her blocked rolls.
Whoreleena. ROFL ;p