What's new

Question Favorite Matches To Run

Espio

Kokomo
Thread title says it all, what are your favorite match ups to run with your character(s) and why? I figured this could be a fun, chill thread. Could be insightful and interesting.

As Stryker:

Jade: This match up is fun, purely because it's all about footsies, spacing, patience and making the right reads. Since both characters specialize counterzoning, it really adds a deep dimension to the match up to time your zoning and counterzoning tools as well as spacing your opponent out well, a really fair match up for sure.

Sektor: I really love this match up because I'm always on my toes and moving around, guessing as is the Sektor player and the right read on a teleport by either player nets both huge damage, they both cannot play a traditional zoning game.

It's truly a test of player patience and it's such a fun match up to me for that reason.

Sindel: This match up is so weird, it's like a big zoning war and it really can swing either way depending on who has zoning advantage and gets their stuff going first, especially since they both have really angled zoning. It's just a really fast paced, chaotic match to play, but it's a blast.

Discuss :).

ryublaze

Noob
Scorpion vs. Smoke
Scorpion vs. Kung Lao
Sub-Zero vs. Jax
Sub-Zero vs. Rain
Sektor vs. Johnny Cage
Sektor vs. Cyrax
Skarlet vs. Kitana
Skarlet vs. Freddy Krueger

Scorpion vs. Smoke
Scorpion vs. Kung Lao
Sub-Zero vs. Jax
Sub-Zero vs. Rain
Sektor vs. Johnny Cage
Sektor vs. Cyrax
Skarlet vs. Kitana
Skarlet vs. Freddy Krueger
Yeah I like Skarlet Kitana.
Most Kitana players say she beats Skarlet, and I think I agree.

Rampage254

Ayy Lmao
None.

Edit:
Smoke vs Stryker
Mileena vs Rain
Sektor vs Stryker
Johnny Cage vs Rain
Kenshi vs Stryker
Scorpion vs Rain
Scorpion vs Stryker

Nephrite

#Fujin4MK12BaseRoster
Call me crazy with a K, but I love Cage vs Sub-Zero, the importance of life lead in that match is INSANE and it makes it so tense!

When Subby has the lead Johnny must deal with the annoying clone and when Cage has the lead Subby has to come to Johnny and no one likes coming to Johnny. You gotta be insane to come to Johnny. But you MUST! lawl

Lumpymoomilk

Online Punching Bag
With Sheeva I actually find the match against Cyrax kind of fun, dodging bombs, nets, pokes, teleports ect, with telestomp, ground stomping at the right times, basically it's a dodge, dash and counter fun fest.

Illmatix

Remember, representing ermac is illmatic.
my favorite matchup up with ermac is probably cyrax. Its fun walking back and worth avoiding his bombs and blocking his nets, it really makes the mac look like baddass with all those explosions lol. And you know who ever hits who is gonna lead to a huge combo which makes it more intense.

another notable mention goes to reptile right now as he has been giving me hella trouble and i love a challenge

Axel_Redd

Vampire Jesus....he wants YOUR blood now!!
i love playing against mileena with kung lao because theres so much u can do to her that she cant punish, lol. so easy to punish her slow strings with spin.

Flagg

Noob
As CSZ I like fighting Cyrax, Sektor, Human Sub, Smoke, Sonya, Cage and Raiden

As Kano I like fighting Kabal, Kung Lao, Jax, Cage and Sonya.

Gh0sty

ばかみたいに無料
Smoke vs Sub Zero

For the simple reason that at some point, one of the players are going to have to shit or get off the pot. Neither character can chip away at the other. At some point things are going to get personal. It's a test of who can be more tactical and patient. Exploiting openings and punishing at every opportunity.

Shout outs to

Quantum_Mekanikz
o-BEEF_SUPREME-o
@jntoonio

Sent from my jailbroken iPhone using a pirated copy of Tapatalk

-Deadman-

Getting better with age
I love the scrub scorpions. You don't have to worry about the vortex, and when you beat them down to 10% and block their inevitable wakeup xray, you can finish them w an xray because its not like you have to break anything they throw at you :) Some even get salty enough for hatemail. Good times had by all!