What's new

Favorite Match Up to Play

Goldi

Noob
Who wins in Quan/Jade?

I was a Quan loyalist back in the day...not very good, but a Quan main all the same. I always felt like Jade had the advantage, but I could be wrong.
They're really fun! Neither of them completely dominates the other, it's pretty close. But I think it's slightly in Quan's favor because she has trouble making him breaker or spend meter, so he can save it up for rune traps. And when Quan learns her strings he can d2 her out of a lot. She really has to take advantage of the corner where he kinda flails to get out lol

RiBBz22

TYM's Confirmed Prophet/Time-Traveler
Smoke versus the low tier.

Just kidding, Smoke V Cage is my favorite MU to play. Smoke Kenshi is fun too.

RTM2004

Revenant Jade
I liked watching Kitana vs Kabal matches.

CD, 16Bit and Khaotik delivered some of the most hyped and intense Kitana against Kabal matches ever in MK9 history.

R.I.P. MK9

NRS, please resurrect Princess Kitana for MK10 :(

dc1902

Noob
I liked watching Kitana vs Kabal matches.

CD, 16Bit and Khaotik delivered some of the most hyped and intense Kitana against Kabal matches ever in MK9 history.

R.I.P. MK9

NRS, please resurrect Princess Kitana for MK10 :(
"R.I.P MK9" lol,What are you smoking bro? MK9 aint going anywhere soon.And now that MK Legacy season 2 is out more people will show interest in MK9. MK was at EVO three years in a row....there is a reason for that.

I like to see Sheeva vs anyone . And I also like Lui Kang vs Kung Lao.

Lt. Boxy Angelman

I WILL EAT THIS GAME
(MK9 Only)

I think in my two years of playing this game I really got to say that I love the hell out of the Cage vs Sub-Zero match up. As Cage its really interesting to get through that damn ice clone and get in to pressure.

I actually feel exactly the same. From both sides, it's my absolute favorite.
The only thing that comes close is the Quan Chi mirror match, but knowing the fight from two completely different angles makes it a way more elaborate favorite.
One wants in, the other wants out, polar opposite goals. Insanity.
You're always one mistimed Slide or EX Shadow Kick away from being on the wrong end of a terrible fate.

I love fighting Sindel as Kitana. That's easily my favorite Kitty matchup.
Cyrax VS Kabal is never, ever a dull moment. Him and Sektor are my two favorite opponents as Cyrax.
I have a perverse affinity for the Sub-Zero mirror match.
There are too many to think of.

SatsuiYesHadou

Yung Kneecaps
Cage vs kung lao hands down. Especially against pboard it makes me feel so good win or lose and just makes me say wow.....this is a beautiful game

Also cage vs ermac

coolwhip

Noob
Kung Lao vs. Kabal
Kung Lao vs. Cage (annoying as hell, but that's what's cool about it. You can't play KL's usual game).
Kung Lao vs. Jax

Braindead

I want Kronika to step on my face
(MK9 Only)

I think in my two years of playing this game I really got to say that I love the hell out of the Cage vs Sub-Zero match up. As Cage its really interesting to get through that damn ice clone and get in to pressure.

How about you? Like to slaughter Cage with Kenshi? lol AK Pig Of The Hut
I shall entertain you with another Sub vs Cage match then. I got a bit better from our last time where u basically ripped me a new one lol because I now use a pad not the keyboard.

I like the Sub vs Scorpion (vs Frostbarrier) it is always a classic.
Also fun is Sub vs Cyrax you have to be extremely patient and it feels very intense.

And pretty much everything about MK is just too fun lol

Braindead

Smoke versus the low tier.

Just kidding, Smoke V Cage is my favorite MU to play. Smoke Kenshi is fun too.
duuude I tried the smoke vs cage the other day and I got angry as hell lol. It felt like I couldnt do anything with smoke, and all my pokes kept getting blown up by that damned F3..
am pretty sure i was doing it all wrong lol

Frostbarrier

I Protect The Fridge!
My Fav MU is anything that does NOT involve this Raiden that Braindead keeps using ... Lol I love the Scorpion vs. Subby MU ... I also love Ermac vs Smoke and I also should include my Jax vs Rain MU ... Armor all day on both sides of the family !!

bettyswallaux

XBOXLive: BettySwallaux
Ermac vs Smoke. I only got to play a few matches in against Smoke but for some reason I just loved it. There is something about that matchup that really makes me think about what to end up doing next.

Ermac vs Sub Zero. I like zoning wars and this was my all time favorite one.
Smoke vs ermac was always my fave matchup too me being a smoke main and my housemate an ermac main it was a very patient game to play, both have mediocre pressure so it was a case of waiting for 1 person to make a slight mistake to get the massive damage in

HGTV Soapboxfan

"Always a Pleasure"
Cage vs kabal... it's the only thing I ever fought in mk9 and i still played the game, so obviously I must have enjoyed it for some reason. Lol but in all seriousness I always enjoyed fighting kitana, reptile, sub zero, and kabal as cage.

RiBBz22

TYM's Confirmed Prophet/Time-Traveler
duuude I tried the smoke vs cage the other day and I got angry as hell lol. It felt like I couldnt do anything with smoke, and all my pokes kept getting blown up by that damned F3..
am pretty sure i was doing it all wrong lol
Yeah once he has you in pressure that is a large advantage for Cage. D3 smoke away is a good tool in the MU as well as ex parry in situations where he is at advantage and will normally follow up with an attack (sometimes I even use it on cross-ups if I don't trust my d1 anti air). You have to be super on point with your anti-airs in general and keep yourself properly spaced because every time Cage tries to force his way in it is able to be punished for big damage. Most of your strings are neutral on block so you can't really follow up any of your pressure like he can. You really have to play hit and run.

Braindead

Yeah once he has you in pressure that is a large advantage for Cage. D3 smoke away is a good tool in the MU as well as ex parry in situations where he is at advantage and will normally follow up with an attack (sometimes I even use it on cross-ups if I don't trust my d1 anti air). You have to be super on point with your anti-airs in general and keep yourself properly spaced because every time Cage tries to force his way in it is able to be punished for big damage. Most of your strings are neutral on block so you can't really follow up any of your pressure like he can. You really have to play hit and run.
after i finished that session i knew that i should use d3 smoke away.. good points thanks man. gonna keep all this in mind for my next session