Votes: 26 22.8%
  • Scorpion

Votes: 18 15.8%
  • Skarlet

Votes: 28 24.6%

• Total voters

Jynks

some heroes are born, some made, some wondrous
Jade is easily my fav from the Beta.. but from the official reveal list I think Kung Lou... hmmm actually maybe Kotal Khan .. he looks to be the one I am most excited for.. but then we have another 3 next Kast including Noob.. so with a roster this stacked it is going to be hard. In truth they all look good!

Still Jade is really my style. I love how she looks, I mean she looks so great. She has cool AF kombos and great defensive options. Just has it all. She is swag personified!!

I see a lot of the purple aura is a ability but am not convinced of its best use. I mean on some more zone heavy people it works well. Still in a game that while it has zoning is more about neutral it is kinda overkill. Sure some matchups it might be great, but I think we will see less and less of that in the same way I think we will see more and more of the banner for baraka.

TL;DR : Jade is my fav from the beta.

That poll is more even than I thought it would be. I wonder if that’s the case on a larger scale.
I suspect this is going to be a game of 8 roster slots in a top 8 : ) I just think this is a game that rewards player skill more than tier lists. Tom Brady did a great podcast on it and I tend to agree with him. This game more than any NRS game "should" allow you to win with almost the entire roster. I mean people always talk shit about NRS being out of balance but compared to most top 8s ours is always so diverse. In many ways we are oe of the most balanced in the FGC.. and I expect in MK11 this will be even more apparent.

Gamer68

Fujin!
Scorpion. I think he has some of the coolest animations and satisfying combos, plus some interesting tools to use in the neutral. He's unsafe a lot of the time, but it makes him feel more rewarding to play and Misery Blade helps him with that problem some.

Baraka is growing on me.

I played Kabal but I don't think he's for me.

Not interested in Jade or Skarlet, but obviously that could change.

Wish Sonya, Sub-Zero, and Geras were in.

pure.Wasted

'ello baby, did you miss me?
I think Baraka in the stress test. I've been playing Kabal and Scorpion during the beta and I just don't like using teleport or dash. It feels too free.

As strange as it sounds I like being punished for bad aggro. I like it because it feels even better when I'm not punished because I played too well.

stokedAF

casual kahnage
I suspect this is going to be a game of 8 roster slots in a top 8 : ) I just think this is a game that rewards player skill more than tier lists. Tom Brady did a great podcast on it and I tend to agree with him. This game more than any NRS game "should" allow you to win with almost the entire roster. I mean people always talk shit about NRS being out of balance but compared to most top 8s ours is always so diverse. In many ways we are oe of the most balanced in the FGC.. and I expect in MK11 this will be even more apparent.
I just followed Tom Brady on YouTube but I couldn’t find his twitch channel, do you know his channel? I like his YouTube coverage so far and the sound of a free guide.

But yeah I agree with you, I’m hyped to watch that 11 man tourney tomorrow at 2. Eleague or whatever, hopefully it’s close to full roster and we see a bunch of playstyles and characters. My hype is kinda low since these guys haven’t had much time to play but it should be cool exhibition to watch. My money is on ketchup and mustard.

STB Sgt Reed

Online Warrior
I voted for Skarlet, but only because I have a bit more success with her. For me, I like Jade and Skarlet pretty equally.

Then baraka is solid at number 2. Will either of them (or baraka) have a chance to be my main/pocket? Probably not, unfortunately. Maybe pockets, for the simple fact that I've played each for about 200 matches. However, You have to work way too hard to do the same amount of damage with Jade as any other character and I just feel I'll get tired of skarlet.

Haven't touched the other 2 wastes of space.

My man Kabal. He attac, he punish, he goes for the yolo nomad dash ftw. If cassie wasn’t in that game I’d main him.
Unfriended! Removed from the Cassie Crew! :p

Espio

Kokomo
Lead Moderator
Jade and Baraka were a lot of fun, I'll probably periodically play Baraka in the finished product just because I enjoyed him so much with him being simple and fun. His mix is glorious. Godlike sweep, back 2, command grab, leg kebob...and Forward 4,4 has more reach than the Roman Catholic Church.

Jade I had a bit of an emotional roller coaster with honestly. I really like her now though, she's a very cerebral character and I like that a lot about her. It feels really good whiff punishing someone with back 1, 2 while playing neutral and I feel like this last day i really came into my own with her. I vibed with her physical aesthetics from jump so I'm super excited for the finished product of her and how she interacts with the rest of the roster.

I really hope Erron is as cool as Jade is and I voted for Jade as my favorite.

Wam-Zlay

Reptile / Noob
I actually only played kabal so far. Probably 1-2 Baraka and scorpion games. Tonight my plan is to try all others a little bit.

Prima Italia

Italia per sempre
That poll is more even than I thought it would be. I wonder if that’s the case on a larger scale.
I do not think it is. Playing online in the Beta I run into lots of Scorpions. Kabal is up there. Some Barakas. Jade and Skarlet are the least I played against.

SaSSolino

Soul Stealing Loyalist
I do not think it is. Playing online in the Beta I run into lots of Scorpions. Kabal is up there. Some Barakas. Jade and Skarlet are the least I played against.
I ran into more Jades than any other character besides Scorpion, and even then it's close. Besides that I agree.

Marinjuana

Up rock incoming, ETA 5 minutes
Jade > Scarlet > Kabal > Scorpion > Baraka

But they all are fun. Jade surprised me and turned out to be super fun. I like the mind games of her neutral and I like characters with strong corner games. And yoooo Scorpion is actually rad as hell and I just got out of a set playing against a 250 ping Scorpion. Obviously time will tell but I feel like they made him just honest enough where he's still that teleporting bastard but he's a more meticulous teleporting bastard. Misery Blade.

Seems like all the characters have their supporters. But Skarlet on top and Scorpion at the bottom wasn't something i was expecting. It's most likely reversed online but Skarlet seems to have a lot of supporters here.

If i were to rank them:

1. Kabal
2. Baraka
3. Scorpion
4. Jade
5. Skarlet

Kabal is the only one i might play once the game actually releases. I enjoyed playing with Baraka too but i doubt i will be picking him up.