What's new

Fatal 8 for injustice 2? How about Sexy 16?

Second Saint

A man with too many names.
White boi's résumé
http://rank.shoryuken.com/rankings/player/byname/Whiteboi#IGAU

Total number of top 8's
5 majors
2 regionals
1 2016 prolly doesn't count as much

Your résumé
http://rank.shoryuken.com/rankings/player/byname/PLAYING TO WIN#IGAU
Total number of top 8's 4
3 majors
1 regional

Ducky's résumé
http://rank.shoryuken.com/rankings/player/byname/Blind Ducky#IGAU
Total number of top 8's
2 majors
2 Regionals
*No placement less than 4th
*Noticeable 9th place at evo 2013

White boi clearly has an advantage over the two of you. And your placements and ducky's are similar but he had higher placings in his.
Just going to add this since Saltface seems to be going completely unmentioned.

http://rank.shoryuken.com/rankings/player/byname/Saltface#IGAU
7 top 8's
2 top 3's

Is The Fall Classic a major? Also not sure if the first KIT would have counted as a major, though it definitely is now. Even without those, that's 4 major top 8's at Summerjam, CEO, and Final Round.

Seems odd to me that a player with that kind of results and consistency, primarily with a character widely regarded as pretty bad, would get glossed over.

Awkward Sloth

Lamest Harley, still better sloth than Jer

7 top 8's
2 top 3's

Is The Fall Classic a major? Also not sure if the first KIT would have counted as a major, though it definitely is now. Even without those, that's 4 major top 8's at Summerjam, CEO, and Final Round.

Seems odd to me that a player with that kind of results and consistency, primarily with a character widely regarded as pretty bad, would get glossed over.
I considered it a 3 way tie between the best placing Harley placers with Deg, Saltface, or KP. It could really be any of them and it would be good entertainment to watch for different reasons.

JDM

Noob
Dismissing Rico as a fighting game player for NRS games is super silly Tweedy and Tom as well.

Here is Rico's placings over several different fighting games.
http://rank.shoryuken.com/rankings/player/byname/Rico Suave#overview

That's a solid number of top 8's, tournament wins, an evo medal 1st place, as well as doing well in his first NRS game and being considered a top 16 player in the game's life. I think his fundamentals as a player are more than enough to consider him a threat in Injustice 2 if he decides to pick the game up and take it seriously. Do I think he'd do better than Scar when Injustice 2 comes out? Yeah I do.
yeah rico suave has a pretty good chance of being better then scar in the next game lmao.

Idk about Tom tho

Tweedy

Noob
Dismissing Rico as a fighting game player for NRS games is super silly Tweedy and Tom as well.

Here is Rico's placings over several different fighting games.
http://rank.shoryuken.com/rankings/player/byname/Rico Suave#overview

That's a solid number of top 8's, tournament wins, an evo medal 1st place, as well as doing well in his first NRS game and being considered a top 16 player in the game's life. I think his fundamentals as a player are more than enough to consider him a threat in Injustice 2 if he decides to pick the game up and take it seriously. Do I think he'd do better than Scar when Injustice 2 comes out? Yeah I do.
I'm friends with Rico, we used to play Smite. I'm well aware of his accomplishments in both KI and Injustice.

But putting him over Scar for a showcase of the next NRS game is hilarious.

I'm aware that this thread is full of delusional people who hate MKX. That doesn't mean that a current top 3 NRS player should be passed up for someone who hasn't played an NRS title in 2 years +

Indecisive

We'll burn you all—that is your fate!
I'm friends with Rico, we used to play Smite on the regular. I'm well aware of his accomplishments in both KI and Injustice.

They put Tony T and Ryan Hart over KDZ, Arma, Rico, Whiteboi, ducky, Honeybee, Bio, etc. at the last fatal 8

Awkward Sloth

yeah rico suave has a pretty good chance of being better then scar in the next game lmao.

Idk about Tom tho
Ok Tom is kinda iffy but this is what I've observed with him over the past few nrs games.
At that start of the game's life he finds something really good using his knowledge of playing FGs for a very long time he knows how to find the cheap stuff. He does well at first, then people start complaining about his character/what he's doing. Then the nerfs come in.

By then people finally start dealing with the new waterdowned version of his character better. Tom gets upset. People/rumors get started that Tom isn't that good anymore, he lost to so and so and from there its a downward spiral.

Tom goes to less/no tournaments but is still vocal enough that people don't forget about him.

What I'm getting at is Tom will most likely do well at the start of the game then flicker out as things go on sadly. New game comes out then the cycle continues.

Tweedy

Noob
They put Tony T and Ryan Hart over KDZ, Arma, Rico, Whiteboi, ducky, Honeybee, Bio, etc. at the last fatal 8
I'd be fine with Rico and Tom in the Fatal 8.

But if it's composed of Sonicfox and 7 people who were ass at the latest game or never even played it, idk lol.

Sonic would only have competition in the Fatal 8 if it contained the likes of Scar, Foxy, Dragon, etc.

Edit: Or even people from year 1 of MKX, or Injustice guys who didn't make it in and did well in MKX, like Honeybee and Bio.

Any of those IMO would be better than guys who may not even purchase Injustice 2.

Indecisive

I'd be fine with Rico and Tom in the Fatal 8.

But if it's composed of Sonicfox and 7 people who were ass at the latest game or never even played it, idk lol.

Sonic would only have competition in the Fatal 8 if it contained the likes of Scar, Foxy, Dragon, etc.

Edit: Or even people from year 1 of MKX, or Injustice guys who didn't make it in and did well in MKX, like Honeybee and Bio.

Any of those IMO would be better than guys who may not even purchase Injustice 2.
You realize that for the fatal 8 nobody will have played the game unless they get an early copy right.

Reactions: JDM

Awkward Sloth

I'm friends with Rico, we used to play Smite. I'm well aware of his accomplishments in both KI and Injustice.

I'm aware that this thread is full of delusional people who hate MKX. That doesn't mean that a current top 3 NRS player should be passed up for someone who hasn't played an NRS title in 2 years +
Its actually not hilarious. It would be considered hilarious if they put someone like Tokido/Infiltraton in an NRS game over an NRS player. It's happened before with Ryan Heart for the first fatal 8.

Scar also wasn't really an Injustice player. Even if he is a great MKX player there's a good chance that might not translate over to the next game.

Awkward Sloth

The reason I brought up Tom and Rico over Scar is that I think they are better fundamentally sound players and would be able to show off the game in an exhibition series tournament like Fatal 8 than Scar.

To me Scar seems like he takes a little while to find his proper groove for the game before doing well.

Tweedy

Noob
You realize that for the fatal 8 nobody will have played the game unless they get an early copy right.
Tell me why Sonicfox won the Fatal 8 for MKX, even though he wasn't the best at MK9?

You guys are being delusional about this. The best MKX players will be better than guys like Tom Brady and Rico who never really got into MKX in Rico's case, or blow at it in Tom's case.

I'm sure before MKX came out, people said that players like Honeybee and Bio wouldn't be better than MK9 ogs. I don't even have to play MK9 or Injustice to know that NRS games are more similar to each other, than MKX is to Marvel or Street Fighter.

Heat of the moment hate for MKX is clouding you guys.

Tweedy

Noob
@Tweedy there were mk9 gods that sucked ass at Injustice. Then Injustice gods that sucked at MKX. Injustice 2 is going to be a legacy game. I'd bet on an Injustice god over an mkx god in a release day exhibition like fatal 8 any day
What Injustice god sucked at MKX and really gave it an effort?

A lot of the time spectators don't factor in effort. Were these gods really grinding MKX?

7 top 8's
2 top 3's

Omg how could I forget.

Indecisive

Tell me why Sonicfox won the Fatal 8 for MKX, even though he wasn't the best at MK9?

You guys are being delusional about this. The best MKX players will be better than guys like Tom Brady and Rico who never really got into MKX in Rico's case, or blow at it in Tom's case.

I'm sure before MKX came out, people said that players like Honeybee and Bio wouldn't be better than MK9 ogs. I don't even have to play MK9 or Injustice to know that NRS games are more similar to each other, than MKX is to Marvel or Street Fighter.

Heat of the moment hate for MKX is clouding you guys.
They got to play beforehand a bit. He found erron black who was really fucking good prepatch before the day 1 patch and used his mixup potential and killed everyone

Indecisive

A lot of the time spectators don't factor in effort. Were these gods really grinding MKX?
KDZ Tried at the start and gave up on it. Whiteboi. BIO sucked for a bit. Pig of the hut technically.

SneakyTortoise

Official Master of Salt

That's actually the point you're forgetting. Scar was an MK9 player who didn't grind Injustice because he didn't care for it (afaik). Injustice players will be far more likely to grind than mkx players and already have the advantage

M2Dave

Zoning Master
Lbsh, P2W only made the thread about 16 because that's the only way he could upplay himself into it.

It should also be composed of the current top NRS players, which are MKX players. Not having Scar in this for example, would be a joke.
I have always supported you speaking your mind and posting whatever you want, but when people retaliate, you cannot complain on the forums or in the status updates about how everyone is blowing you up. If you dish it, be able to take it.

Also, @PLAYING TO WIN , thank you for the props, but I belong in no top 16 Injustice list. @Pig Of The Hut was the best Zod player followed by @Relaxedstate. I probably did play a couple of match ups better than either one of them, namely the Aquaman and Sinestro one.

16 Bit

Mash d+1~Cat Claws
Premium Supporter
NetherRealm Studios
In the interest of historical record I'll point out the answer to the question "did p2w beat anyone at the level of Hayatei?" is a resounding yes. P2W defeated Rico and King in their primes at TFC/FR. Placing top 8 at Final Round 2014 is a career defining accomplishment. That is unquestionably among the top 5 most stacked tournaments of the life of the game.

Cashual

PSN: Cansuela
They got to play beforehand a bit. He found erron black who was really fucking good prepatch before the day 1 patch and used his mixup potential and killed everyone
To play devil's advocate, to my knowledge all the players had access to the game beforehand.

So if your argument is that he found dirt and exploited it, well ok, but those other players weren't able to do so given the same opportunity. The point just being that his success says a lot about his ability to inituitively learn a game incredibly quickly, and moreover just says the guy is talented.

I actually do agree with tweedy that it makes sense to invite the current most successful nrs players, and I don't buy into the notion that injustice and mk are just so vastly different that success in one has no weight in the other, it's just not true.

Yeah, they are different and have some key mechanics unique to one another, but they're pretty similar, and very similar relative to other games. Hell, mkx has more in common with injustice than several mk games.

All that aside, this tournament is about publicity and marketing!!!!! This isn't for us, it is intended to get casual eyeballs on the screen and to get people outside the competitive community to buy it and play it. So, they will select people they think will attract notice. A tournament of a game not yet released means nothing competitively anyway, right? That's why Ryan hart was there.

So, don't be surprised to see lupe fiasco.....

Indecisive

To play devil's advocate, to my knowledge all the players had access to the game beforehand.

So if your argument is that he found dirt and exploited it, well ok, but those other players weren't able to do so given the same opportunity. The point just being that his success says a lot about his ability to inituitively learn a game incredibly quickly, and moreover just says the guy is talented.

I actually do agree with tweedy that it makes sense to invite the current most successful nrs players, and I don't buy into the notion that injustice and mk are just so vastly different that success in one has no weight in the other, it's just not true.

Yeah, they are different and have some key mechanics unique to one another, but they're pretty similar, and very similar relative to other games. Hell, mkx has more in common with injustice than several mk games.

All that aside, this tournament is about publicity and marketing!!!!! This isn't for us, it is intended to get casual eyeballs on the screen and to get people outside the competitive community to buy it and play it. So, they will select people they think will attract notice. A tournament of a game not yet released means nothing competitively anyway, right? That's why Ryan hart was there.

So, don't be surprised to see lupe fiasco.....
I said it in another post but yes they all got to play the game beforehand. And yes people did each pick something they thought was good or broken in their own regard.
Sonic-erron Black
Ketchip- Sorc Quan
King- Bojitsu Kung jin
Ryan Hart- Bojitsu Kung Jin
MIT- Ninjutsu Scorpion. his f2 was OH in this build LOL
PL- Lao and Kung jin
Tony T- Raiden
Tyrant- Pumped up Jax
And for the most part sonic was the one to be able to learn his character the fastest. Actual combos. Tick throws. etc.

In the interest of historical record I'll point out the answer to the question "did p2w beat anyone at the level of Hayatei?" is a resounding yes. P2W defeated Rico and King in their primes at TFC/FR. Placing top 8 at Final Round 2014 is a career defining accomplishment. That is unquestionably among the top 5 most stacked tournaments of the life of the game.
Thanks a lot man. Really appreciate it. For the record I didn't put you on the list bc you work at NRS now. Otherwise you would have been a no brainer