What's new

Fallout 4 Discussion Thread

Solignac

Noob
I haven't had much time to play but I have to mention that the dialogue is really turning me off to the game. It was annoying as fuck not actually seeing what my character is going to say, instead it just says "sarcastic" or some shit. Like how the fuck am I supposed to base what I'm going to say on that? Well I got the mod that fixes that so I see exactly what he's going to say but it's just still so fucking annoying. There should be 3 options that continue the convo and 1 that ends it, not 4 that end it man, its so frustrating.
"I see you have a scar on your face, can I ask where you got that?"
"Yeah, I was a mercenary for blah blah blah and I was in this big battle. Ok bye." *gets thrown out of conversation screen*
Ok I'll talk to him again. FUCKINGNOPE.jpg can't open the dialogue screen again he just says something arbitrary. What a joke. What if I didn't fully explore a dialogue path as much as I wanted to? You only get one shot at hearing what someone has to say, you can't interrogate them for more information about themselves or about other things most of the time unless you do cheesy quicksave shit.

Last edited:

Wigy

There it is...
Anyone found a fix for confidence man mission, last bit the dudes i needed to kill were invincible i gave up and 4 levels later i realised i was also on godmode

RoboCop

The future of law enforcement.
Administrator
Premium Supporter
If any of you are interested in messing with Settlements, I'm going to be live-streaming a guide at 7:30pm central (about an hour and 45 minutes from now). It will be similar to my Jax video guide, broken up into related segments. I'll be posting it to youtube after I edit it, but I'll also be doing a q&a during the stream.

It will cover everything from the basics to how power works to how to quickly do perfectly-aligned multi-story buildings, to how to get infinite caps with no exploits to how to get infinite building materials with exploits, and everything in between.

The TYM special: let me know if there's anything you absolutely want covered and I'll make sure it gets covered.

Last edited:

Pterodactyl

Plus on block.
I was thinking of doing a fast melee build character with maybe a little stealth on the side.

Also, the main quest is seriously underwhelming. After the institute it just feels like there's a lack of content, sure there is a bunch to explore but the game just feels small to me for some reason.
Sorry for the late response.

Still kind of open-ended, but as far as weapons go I think you should go get the Ripper, lets you run circles around enemies while attacking at the same time, and once you get the extended blade mod(you have to have level 3 blacksmith) it causes a fuckton of bleed damage.

Perfect weapon for a fast melee build. Better than the combat knife and switch blade IMO, and the finishers for it are fucking brutal.

Zoidberg747

My blades will find your heart
Super sledge is broke.

I dont even have anything put in to strength and i've been able to one hit kill some enemies.

Also today I battled pirates and got a submachine gun/shotgun hybrid as a result. That was tight.

E

Eldriken

Super sledge is broke.

I dont even have anything put in to strength and i've been able to one hit kill some enemies.

Also today I battled pirates and got a submachine gun/shotgun hybrid as a result. That was tight.
I'm currently using a Super Sledge at the moment and it's wrecking shit like no other. I don't care that it's slow. I just swing it and if there's 3-4 enemies in front of me, they all die. :D

Reactions: GAV

GAV

Resolution through knowledge and resolve.
I can't find the damn railroad but I really don't want to look it up
Find the Old North Church. Go in, hang a right, and slip into the break at the bottom of the wall. Follow that corridor until you find a wheel. Spell out Railroad, clicking after every level, and when your done a door will open.

RoboCop

The future of law enforcement.
Administrator
Premium Supporter
Oops, stream is actually going to up at 7:30. Having to set up my stream from scratch...

Steven_a

Light Bringer
I'm currently using a Super Sledge at the moment and it's wrecking shit like no other. I don't care that it's slow. I just swing it and if there's 3-4 enemies in front of me, they all die. :D
It seems like the super sledge swings a bit faster if you're in 3rd person mode compared to 1st person mode. Can you check if it does?

Pterodactyl

Plus on block.
If you like stronk ass(though ultimately, the damage is based accordingly with your character strength and damage perks) two handed weapons go get Grognak's axe. That extra stagger on bigger enemies is noticeable, the bleed is nice too.

If you don't have a point in lock picking you'll probably want to get Cait to open its case for you.

E

Eldriken

It seems like the super sledge swings a bit faster if you're in 3rd person mode compared to 1st person mode. Can you check if it does?
It does if you're in Power Armor while in third-person. You swing it with one hand and it gets the swing animation speed of a one-handed weapon such as a sword.

I don't believe there's any difference in third-person when outside of Power Armor.

Zoidberg747

My blades will find your heart
The charisma skill tree gets hella fun when you level most of it up.

I can pretty much have anything stop attacking me, and then tell them to attack everything else.

Makes it way easier for higher level enemies as I just have all the lower level ones gang up on them and soak up bullets for me.

Plus I dont think I've ever had a dialogue choice fail in my 60+ hours of playing. Even the red ones.

The Slaj Jazz

TIckle my sweet salty nips
Ok. so I already got spoiled before about the main story but this is not what I was expecting and still shocked me. Atleast the character thing in the beginning does matter lol