What's new

Fall 2012 USA PS3 MK2 Tournament - COMPLETED

mortal_jason

Kitana's Bodyguard
what's MLG?

Splendor delays like crazy. no one wants to play him in that.

Mike I think if we did that rule of winner keeps the same character... well it really doesn't make a difference because it's probably going to be mostly top tier used anyway. seems like a good idea I guess, but really, it's hard enough to get people to remember the basic rules of a tournament.

what's MLG?

Splendor delays like crazy. no one wants to play him in that.

Mike I think if we did that rule of winner keeps the same character... well it really doesn't make a difference because it's probably going to be mostly top tier used anyway. seems like a good idea I guess, but really, it's hard enough to get people to remember the basic rules of a tournament.

Let me give you a scenario. Lets say that you picked liu kang and beat my mileena the first match, but in the second match I decided to switch to Jax in an attempt to deal with your liu kang. So you're sitting on liu kang waiting for me to pick, but then after I pick Jax you run down to Mileena. It wouldn't be fair at all. Yes there will still be counterpicking with the rule I suggested but at least it will alternate instead of one guy being a dick and letting the character select timer run out everytime.

mortal_jason

Kitana's Bodyguard
Let me give you a scenario. Lets say that you picked liu kang and beat my mileena the first match, but in the second match I decided to switch to Jax in an attempt to deal with your liu kang. So you're sitting on liu kang waiting for me to pick, but then after I pick Jax you run down to Mileena. It wouldn't be fair at all. Yes there will still be counterpicking with the rule I suggested but at least it will alternate instead of one guy being a dick and letting the character select timer run out everytime.
yeah good point. basically an easier rule to remember would be that you just alternate who picks first. I think that's kind of common courtesy in general, but you'll always have people who need to counterpick

MKB

Forum General Emeritus
I totally forgot about this. I will be at MLG competing for MK:9 during the same weekend, so I will be unavailable for this tournament.
The date is going to be changed for this reason. I'll post later today once I've finalized the date/time.

mortal_jason MLG = Major League Gaming. Periodically they host major offline tournaments. MK9 is the big game there as far as this site is concerned.

Sub0's-Icy-Balls

Frozen Death (ANTI-TIERIST)
Have you guys ever thought of doing a "No Picking Top Tier" tournament? I think it would be fun! If there is interest we should do it the week after the normal tournament. Rules would be the same as this one, except no Kang, Jax, or Mileena. and if you pick Shang you can't morph into top tier either!

MKB

Forum General Emeritus
Have you guys ever thought of doing a "No Picking Top Tier" tournament? I think it would be fun! If there is interest we should do it the week after the normal tournament. Rules would be the same as this one, except no Kang, Jax, or Mileena. and if you pick Shang you can't morph into top tier either!
This idea has been discussed in the past, but it never generated enough interest among the general population. Most players, outside of the mainstays here, prefer to have the option to choose any character.

In the unlikely event enough interest is garnered, it wouldn't be hosted until the following season.

yes it is! Also, thank you I've been trying to log into this forum for a few days now I was gonna give up and just make a new name lol

Wow this is a great looking roster!! Lots of old school names I love it! Hopefully come tournament time everyone can participate

MKB

Forum General Emeritus
Wow this is a great looking roster!! Lots of old school names I love it! Hopefully come tournament time everyone can participate
Yep. I'm very pleased to have Konqrr and REO (though not exactly an "old-schooler," definitely a prominent player) as a part of this. I'm reaching out to a few more old-schoolers as well.

mortal_jason

Kitana's Bodyguard
I like the sound of that, for obvious reasons ;) though remember Billy won the last tournament using Lao and Raiden, so anything can happen. but yes it would be good to get Mileena, Jax, and Kang out for a tournament. a low-tier only tournament would also be especially fun.

you have a great Sub-Zero, but you'll have an uphill battle ahead of you in this tournament against everyone's top tier.

mortal_jason

Kitana's Bodyguard
Ill play if you have the room
lol yesterday I played a guy on og mk2 that I'd never seen before. he played like a rusty version of the kraptile I remember, and I thought to myself "I wonder if that's kraptile making a comeback?". then today I see you signed up for the tournament. was that you yesterday? good to see you back, let's play some soon! VERY soon!

Sub0's-Icy-Balls

Frozen Death (ANTI-TIERIST)
Thanks Jason, and I know I have an uphill battle, I'm just here for fun and it will be nice to compete against some of you high level guys in a real tournament.
And I have noticed a lot of hard hitting alts on MKAK the last few days(mine included)! I think everyone is polishing up their skils!

lol yesterday I played a guy on og mk2 that I'd never seen before. he played like a rusty version of the kraptile I remember, and I thought to myself "I wonder if that's kraptile making a comeback?". then today I see you signed up for the tournament. was that you yesterday? good to see you back, let's play some soon! VERY soon!
lol I can assure you it wasn't me. I definitely don't think I'm at the top of my game..... But I'm definitely not rusty ;)

MKB

Forum General Emeritus
I've been trying... also funny, I haven't seen alot the guys in this tournament online playing... you'd think they'd be practicing up?
I've been playing UMK3 more than anything else as I'm trying to become a competent player in that game. I try to squeeze in a few games of MK2 every now and then. We can try a series sometime this week if you want.