What's new

Fall 2012 USA PS3 MK2 Tournament - COMPLETED

MKB

Forum General Emeritus
When you enter the chatroom, do the following:
1. Enter your username
2. Wait for the room to load
3. Once room appears, enter the following text then hit enter (without quotes)
"/join #MK2"

Grand Finals 1st set me vs mortal jason

My camera ran out of memory after the 1st set but these matches pretty much mirror the 2nd set.

mortal_jason

Kitana's Bodyguard
ggs Mike, LOL you had the same roll problems in og MK2 that I had in MKAK. my walk forward rolls always whiffed in MKAK, thus my random HKs for no reason, leading to my doom! why can't the MK2 gods just give us a version that plays lag free and awesome every time!!

mortal_jason

Kitana's Bodyguard
MKillBill thanks for running the tournament :cool: how about a change up for the next tournament as has been talked a little bit in this thread. like banned top tier, low tier only, or even Reptile only? maybe we will rouse some interest from the old school players.

MKB

Forum General Emeritus
MKillBill thanks for running the tournament :cool: how about a change up for the next tournament as has been talked a little bit in this thread. like banned top tier, low tier only, or even Reptile only? maybe we will rouse some interest from the old school players.
I wouldn't mind seeing a banned top tier tourney (I'd probably use Kung or Raiden.) Unfortunately, as this has been tried in the past, interest is not nearly as high since some players' favorite characters happen to be top tier. I'll throw it out there to gauge interest though.

mortal_jason

Kitana's Bodyguard
I wouldn't mind seeing a banned top tier tourney (I'd probably use Kung or Raiden.) Unfortunately, as this has been tried in the past, interest is not nearly as high since some players' favorite characters happen to be top tier. I'll throw it out there to gauge interest though.
might attract some players who love low tiered characters, and hate facing top tier. I guess it could go either way.

MKB

Forum General Emeritus
Sub0's-Icy-Balls, it sounds like you had 2 games of MK2 going on at the same time during the Ththuvhul match. Or was that just you playing back the first match you had with Jason's sis? Either way, I was getting confused as hell watching that second vid, lol. Good shit.

BTW, I think there's a 3rd vid missing ;)

j/k, you don't have to post that one if you don't have it or don't want to. See ya in February!

Sub0's-Icy-Balls

Frozen Death (ANTI-TIERIST)
LOL! Never speak of that third match again! You will see the alien landing at Roswell before you see our match again!
And yes, the extra audio is from my match with Jason's sister, I rendered out of after effects and forgot to turn off the audio on that layer and was too lasy to go redo it!

mortal_jason

Kitana's Bodyguard
ggs, my sister is a huge turtler. it doesn't look like she does much, but she's tougher than she appears. her Kitana and Mileena are very hard to attack, and she almost never misses an anti-air uppercut with Kitana. I wish she would let me "train" her more, but she can't handle losing. after MKillBill beat her, she chucked the controller across the room. :eek: that 3rd round draw was insane! shoulda heard her bitchin' that she didn't win that round haha.

MKB

Forum General Emeritus
ggs, my sister is a huge turtler. it doesn't look like she does much, but she's tougher than she appears. her Kitana and Mileena are very hard to attack, and she almost never misses an anti-air uppercut with Kitana. I wish she would let me "train" her more, but she can't handle losing. after MKillBill beat her, she chucked the controller across the room. :eek: that 3rd round draw was insane! shoulda heard her bitchin' that she didn't win that round haha.
She's a smart player. I could see her playing the spacing game very well in our matches. She can hang with the regulars for sure.

mortal_jason

Kitana's Bodyguard
She's a smart player. I could see her playing the spacing game very well in our matches. She can hang with the regulars for sure.
she gets a few wins off of me too sometimes. she went even with me last week in a 15 set of my Lao vs her Kitana. I swear to god everytime I teleport she is waiting on the fan raise. makes me so proud :D