What's new

Fair Play in MK 11

Arqwart

D'Vorah for KP2 copium
Again, many of us have already agreed that we're willing to wait a few seconds, yet you just repeat your same points again.
What do you want?
They're looking for gratification for their moral high ground argument. Clearly, being told "We would to an extent, but we're not beholden to it so don't act like it's law" hasn't scratched their itch well enough. Just don't respond any further.

ZeroSymbolic

W.A.S.P.
They're looking for gratification for their moral high ground argument. Clearly, being told "We would to an extent, but we're not beholden to it so don't act like it's law" hasn't scratched their itch well enough. Just don't respond any further.
That's why I dont do that shit. I am playing to win by any means necessary, and my opponent is also playing to win by any means necessary. The fairest rules are no rules.

That is fair play. You are fair not opponent. You show that you have some rules. I don't care that opponent will act different. I remember when some Russian stop moving in KL. I stopped and then....he attacked me without waring. So what ? I was fair and he is sad guy who must use that methods for win. My
conscience is clear and that is more importent.

Why you are fair during offline tournament ? Coz you know your opponent can get up from chair and hit you in the face :)
For a dude who says you don't care about what the opponent does, you sure do cry a lot. Man, people like you are the worst, trying to impose your weird sense of "morale" over people

ZeroSymbolic

W.A.S.P.
I remembered this so I have to make the correction... as it turns out Kano actually does believe in a fair fight:

Kano:
"See me, I believe in a fair fight. Ya know, one on one. Man to man. Hand to hand. Just like my daddy taught me. But what I saw up there was not very fair."

Kindred

Let Be Be Finale Of Seem
If Im playing against a friend of mine or someone who has a mic and we have a good rapport going (KL or not KL), I'll wait. But if Im playing against someone who is silent in KL, I probably will continue attacking.

I play KL to get skins I want so that I can stop playing KL. It isnt an indication of how good you are or the type of person you are (unless u gratuitously teabag), I see it like homework to get the skins I want and then go back to playing with friends.

I don’t know man, low key after reading some of these responses it kinda sounds like some of y’all want to win so bad you can’t even wait a few seconds. Almost like you're so scared to lose you gotta take the easy win. I know the consensus is we would wait if the person goes mia, and if you don’t wait that’s not your problem (which I agree with) but some of y’all seem to care waaaaay to much about taking advantage of it.

Edit: let me also add that I’ve never lost a best of 3 after waiting for someone, nor have I ever lost when my controller died and someone took advantage. I think that’s why I have the stance on waiting I have, chances are I’ll still be fine haha

Last edited:
I don’t know man, low key after reading some of these responses it kinda sounds like some of y’all want to win so bad you can’t even wait a few seconds. Almost like you're so scared to lose you gotta take the easy win. I know the consensus is we would wait if the person goes mia, and if you don’t wait that’s not your problem (which I agree with) but some of y’all seem to care waaaaay to much about taking advantage of it.
I must agree. Everybody wants to win so much.
Hey that is Mk. Most of the community is not so Smart.

I must agree. Everybody wants to win so much.
Hey that is Mk. Most of the community is not so Smart.
Don’t misunderstand though, I definitely agree that if someone doesn’t wait although it sucks that’s on the person who’s controller dies. I just think people are being a little extra about this like it’s life or death to not wait and see a little.

Don’t misunderstand though, I definitely agree that if someone doesn’t wait although it sucks that’s on the person who’s controller dies. I just think people are being a little extra about this like it’s life or death to not wait and see a little.
Man read posts Under that thread. Nobody cares about fair play. Everyone has one goal - win. No matter how, no matter in what style. Only few normal persona and others? I wanna to see them in real life.

Man read posts Under that thread. Nobody cares about fair play. Everyone has one goal - win. No matter how, no matter in what style. Only few normal persona and others? I wanna to see them in real life.
From what I saw most people agreed to waiting before continuing to fight, only a few said they don’t care

From what I saw most people agreed to waiting before continuing to fight, only a few said they don’t care
In practice 90% dont care and maybe 10% care. Top unfair players that I met were from USA and Russia. The most fair players were from Germany and Scandinavia (Finland, Norway). Also players from Holland are very fair.

Gooberking

FGC Cannon Fodder

Edit: let me also add that I’ve never lost a best of 3 after waiting for someone, nor have I ever lost when my controller died and someone took advantage. I think that’s why I have the stance on waiting I have, chances are I’ll still be fine haha
How do you even have enough controller issues on both sides to have reached a point that you can say stuff starting with "I have never"? How are controllers stopping mid match such a problem that this entire thing is even a conversation?

I have literally never had this problem on my end. I've skipped out in all of one match ever and it's because some very nice missionaries came to knock on my door and it was my choice to walk away.

If people are really there to play and check their gear, then this shouldn't be happening much, unless something is very wrong or someone is being very lazy.

I've gone as far as to let someone in KL take a free round and a half when they stopped moving but eventually started fighting again. I typically refuse to stop playing people that destroy me to the point that my losses dramatically out weigh my wins, but I'm still firmly of the opinion that this whole thing is mega crass as an argument.

It's somebody's invented code of honor they are now trying to hang on other people. If that makes them feel all warm and whatnot that's great, but I'm not wearing it. Not out of guilt or shaming or superiority or whatever else is going on here.

Vengeance135

Saltiest Joker Player
Don't search for a match unless that controller works, its battery is full and you ready to catch hands. If we square up and you're inactive from the start, you taking the L my guy, no cap.

Parasurama

Dragon
Hello everyone,

I had a situation when I played Kombat League. My opponent was at full screen distance. My pad dissconect and I must connect him again. What my opponent did ? He wait maybe 1 second and then he started to attacked me. I lost over 70% of my HP.

What you will do during that fight ? I always wait for my opponent when I see that something is not right. There is no glory in victory like this.

I must said with great sadness that MK players don't care about fair play and any rules like this. Only wining is important. It's very sad coz we should have respect to each other. I know that is only game but its some kind of competition. Who was sportsmen then know what I try to said.

Like in the topic: Are you fair ? Or not ? Fuck that only win matters ? I spoke with that guy and he said.....option no 2.
I play fair in ranked etc and notice many people do too. If someone attacks and I am disconnected- it is fine. In a competitive setting, winning is what matters. I don’t know what I would do in tournament lol.

How do you even have enough controller issues on both sides to have reached a point that you can say stuff starting with "I have never"? How are controllers stopping mid match such a problem that this entire thing is even a conversation?

I have literally never had this problem on my end. I've skipped out in all of one match ever and it's because some very nice missionaries came to knock on my door and it was my choice to walk away.

If people are really there to play and check their gear, then this shouldn't be happening much, unless something is very wrong or someone is being very lazy.

I've gone as far as to let someone in KL take a free round and a half when they stopped moving but eventually started fighting again. I typically refuse to stop playing people that destroy me to the point that my losses dramatically out weigh my wins, but I'm still firmly of the opinion that this whole thing is mega crass as an argument.

It's somebody's invented code of honor they are now trying to hang on other people. If that makes them feel all warm and whatnot that's great, but I'm not wearing it. Not out of guilt or shaming or superiority or whatever else is going on here.
My controller has died on me once and I’ve had people stop mid match a few times.

In practice 90% dont care and maybe 10% care. Top unfair players that I met were from USA and Russia. The most fair players were from Germany and Scandinavia (Finland, Norway). Also players from Holland are very fair.
If you didn’t care about winning, then surely you wouldn’t have made this post in the first place? The only consequence you receive from your - apparently hopeless, controller, cables etc constantly failing - situation is that you ‘lose’. I doubt many of your vanquishers gave it much thought, beyond that you were kinda rude to request a game that you didn’t turn up for.

As anyone who’s fought me online can attest to, I do actually wait, and value courtesy. Your level of entitlement and bitterness is peculiar.

Your mom was fair
Your wasn't but you were bor
If you didn’t care about winning, then surely you wouldn’t have made this post in the first place? The only consequence you receive from your - apparently hopeless, controller, cables etc constantly failing - situation is that you ‘lose’. I doubt many of your vanquishers gave it much thought, beyond that you were kinda rude to request a game that you didn’t turn up for.

As anyone who’s fought me online can attest to, I do actually wait, and value courtesy. Your level of entitlement and bitterness is peculiar.
Read with full understand and then comment. I said that 90% of MK players Don't care fair play. Their care only for their win. That was answer for other guy post.

Geeeeez....

VSC_Supreme

TYM's #1 L taker.
Lol how is this thread still going. Literally created just to re-enforce the beliefs that you're better than another person morally because you would have waited. No one owes you anything in an online match.

I don't like the idea of trying to push the blame for your emotional state on someone else because you made a mistake. Your controller disconnecting in the middle of a match is your fault and anything that happens afterwards is the consequence of your negligence.

The discussion here has taken the same road as "I'm a good player because I don't spam projectiles!"

Swindle

Philanthropist & Asshole
I saw many times, during the tournaments when some players be fair. I remember when one guy said: "hey we didn't play on game mode on TV. Game was laggy and I drop a lot". That second player said: "ok we can play again". Guess what HE WON 2ND TIME. You don't even realized how big respect that guy got.

You said the goal is the prize not honor - it's a shame. I hope you will change your mind. My father always said: "son you have only one name, don't spit on it".
“A FG player who blames his controller has no honor. ”
- Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr.