What's new

Question - Spectral F4xxDDU and B3xxDDU

DeftMonk

Noob
you will get it bro. I started messing around with spectral like two days before REO posted that and I love it. This is how i practiced to get it: Went in training and did dash cancels in both directions into fly for like 15 min. after awhile you will get the necessary muscle memory.

oaoo94

Owner of HAZARDOUS Gaming
you will get it bro. I started messing around with spectral like two days before REO posted that and I love it. This is how i practiced to get it: Went in training and did dash cancels in both directions into fly for like 15 min. after awhile you will get the necessary muscle memory.
That actually sounds like it could work. Thanks bro! I'll try it as soon as I can.

buyacushun

Normalize grab immunity.
I tried spectral and just dropped him from how frustrating trying to ddu was.

If you're sure your inputs are cleab then you probably just need to press them faster. I was able to it a bit and I was on pad. It's doable you're just going to have to spend a lot of time in training mode and try to pinpoint the window and memorize it.

I GOT HANDS

Official Infrared Scorp wid gapless Wi-Fi pressure
I just tried it for a minute and I'm getting it 50% on stick. I'm fucking up the muscle memory tho, when it fails I usually hit DDDU or just DU, it seems challenging but consistent if I was to learn it. On PS4 pad I got it like once in 30 tho that shit was hard

DarksydeDash

You know me as RisingShieldBro online.
I think I got it maybe 3 times within an hour lol. NRS should just change the input to DU honestly..

Nausea

Soul Ascended
I think I got it maybe 3 times within an hour lol. NRS should just change the input to DU honestly..
Changing the input to DU would be input error central. If they were to change it, DBU is probably the only suitable one. Saying that, once you find the frame window to input it, it's not that difficult! :D

Nausea

Soul Ascended
I just tried it for a minute and I'm getting it 50% on stick. I'm fucking up the muscle memory tho, when it fails I usually hit DDDU or just DU, it seems challenging but consistent if I was to learn it. On PS4 pad I got it like once in 30 tho that shit was hard
PS4 pad is an absolute nightmare....:mad:

Scott The Scot

Where there is smoke, there is cancer.
Changing the input to DU would be input error central. If they were to change it, DBU is probably the only suitable one. Saying that, once you find the frame window to input it, it's not that difficult! :D
Yeah I thought it was weird but once you figure out the rhythm it's not hard to do :p

I GOT HANDS

Official Infrared Scorp wid gapless Wi-Fi pressure
Yeah, As a Kung Lao player, I can tell you, you do NOT want a DU input lol

smokey

EX Ovi should launch
Its not that hard but if you doing it wrong then you have no chance. The only way to get it properly and consistently without having to panic or do some weird spaz handed twitch is just to input f4~dd or b3~dd as one whole input, then the Up input is your trigger.

Nausea

Soul Ascended
PS4 Pad>>>Xboner Pad

I know people feel really strong either way, but idk how the fuck anyone plays on that Xbone pad. My god.
Xboner :rolleyes:

Such is the power of preference! All i know is I don't randomly NJ on an 'Xboner' pad :REO

Barrogh

Meta saltmine
Why don't they make the inputs half a circle instead of this ddu? Like dbu would be reasonable I think.
And why not just du then? Or anything else?

This is NRS, man. People from other communities complain about how NRS games are not technical enough, in response they introduce excessive inputs like dbf where db would be sufficient, directional inputs midstring that do nothing, 3-button run (because obviously we needed that button to design Summoner, screw everyone else) or, in this case, stick mashing (poor souls who play on sticks).

This isn't going away anytime soon though. I'm yet to find a game where devs treat designing inputs strictly as designing interface. Except maybe Rising Thunder, lol. But their approach has its pitfalls too.
Maybe KI 2013 and Skullgirls (mo-o-ostly) come close enough. But that's it.

EMPEROR PRYCE

WAR SEASON "THE WEAK EXPOSED!"
I've been using both hands ala instant air shinnok teleport and still can't get this thing to cancel consistently.

My thumbs are killing me.