What's new

Question - Spectral F4xxDDU and B3xxDDU

oaoo94

Owner of HAZARDOUS Gaming
Seeing REO's last post about spectral has inspired me to give the character a go. I love him so far. I just need to get used to him. BUT. There's something I don't love. And it's the flight cancels off the mix ups! I can do them off strings like 22 or F21 and normals like 4 or 3. BUT I CAN NOT for the life of me hit F4xxDDU or B3xxDDU. Is there something I'm doing wrong? I've done it so much that my inputs look clean AF. But it just does NOT WANNA COME OUT! Someone please let me know.

BigMacMcLovin

B2s and Birdarangs
I assume you're just not fast enough with it. If it anything like Lao's 11212 string then you've got to get the DDU in before the animation for the F4 or B3 connects, the trouble comes because the normals happen so fast that the cancel window is smaller then your 22 for example.

So it doesn't matter how clean your inputs are, if you're not doing it lightening quick then it'll never come out.

oaoo94

Owner of HAZARDOUS Gaming
I assume you're just not fast enough with it. If it anything like Lao's 11212 string then you've got to get the DDU in before the animation for the F4 or B3 connects, the trouble comes because the normals happen so fast that the cancel window is smaller then your 22 for example.

So it doesn't matter how clean your inputs are, if you're not doing it lightening quick then it'll never come out.
Hmm so before F4 or B3 hits huh?... Seems like something I'm gunna be doing all night lmaooo. Thanks for the tip.

BigMacMcLovin

B2s and Birdarangs
Hmm so before F4 or B3 hits huh?... Seems like something I'm gunna be doing all night lmaooo. Thanks for the tip.
Yeah, with Lao's 11212 you have to input the 212 before the second hit of 11 connects. It seems really difficult at first but I'm sure it'd be possible. Maybe putting input shortcuts on will help?

Lool keeps you busy though ;)

omooba

fear the moobs
how do u do dis!?!?
i feel like i have to sell my soul to get the input right
i've gotten the f4 cancel like twice in 150 tries.
i fell like this character is really good i just have to get the input down. why the fuck wasn't it made just 'd,u', the extra down is so irritating. any tips? i use ps4 controller

Nausea

Soul Ascended
It is a whole lot easier to execute off a JIP so practice that for a bit and the timing will start to get a little better! :)

there are some things that get better with practice.
ddu is not one of them.
/rip spectral.
/never allowed to live.
/show 'em Bigd #nec-spectral