What's new

F4 or 2,2,BF2?

Metzos

You will BOW to me!
It really depends on the MU. Thing is that if you have a rushdown character then you want him at full screen. If you have a character that can outzone you, you would want him close to you. And yes Big D Ermac's pressure is very underrated. I really think he is one of the very few characters in the game that can win against all his MU's, even the bad ones, if he is played correctly.

zaf

professor
it really does matter which match up you are playing.
Metzos ( as usual) answered your question perfectly.

as for 31,d3 and 121 pressure, they are all great tools.

31 and 312 will not whiff if you use this after a jip because it will jail.

you can mix up 31 ( 31 ends at 0 on block)
into d1/d3/d4/grab/crossover with 312 when you want to try for the stagger and if you can get your opponent to try to counter poke with all the pressure you are giving them.

also, his f2 normal is +4 on block and has really good pressure and set ups afterwards.

The F4 low is good but can be blocked quite easily as there is no real reason to block ermac standing.
The u4 is not enough of a threat to block him standing, and when spotted can be fuzzy guarded.
The f4 low is punishable on block, it has its uses and im not saying not to use it, just telling you to watch out.
it is -9 on block and a lot of characters can blow this up, especially cage, since this just put him back on top of you without this being a full combo punish.

This really comes down to, meter, health and the match up. Do you want your opponent far away or do you want them close again.

mileena is a character i would recommend using 22~tkp against and not the reset.

cyrax i would also use 22~tkp and not f4 like fly recommended because walking really destroys cyraxs zoning game against ermac.

scorpion i would go for max damage as well. and then go back into max tkp range.
there is really nothing scorpion can do against max tkp besides ex spear and thats going to cost him meter. you can block any special he shoots out (besides hellfire) on reaction at this range as well. every spear punished and you can punish every teleport ( even ex) with d1~tks
his hellfires are nothing to worry about.

what you can also try Big D is another set up i have.
end your combo in 22~tkp and do an instant air teleport as soon as you can. You end up behind the opponent ( think of what smoke does after his combos to continue pressure)
this combines max damage with pressure afterwards

i can add you to xbla and we can run some ermac dittos and i can show you some things or ill play ermac u play w/e etc.

Big D

Relevant In An Irrelevant Time
it really does matter which match up you are playing.

what you can also try Big D is another set up i have.
end your combo in 22~tkp and do an instant air teleport as soon as you can. You end up behind the opponent ( think of what smoke does after his combos to continue pressure)
this combines max damage with pressure afterwards

i can add you to xbla and we can run some ermac dittos and i can show you some things or ill play ermac u play w/e etc.
Yeah I actually do that a lot when I play Ermac; its a really nice tool to have. I'd be more than happy to learn some more stuff with Ermac. Just add me on XBL: KEYxMExBRAH

I'll be on today throughout the afternoon but by 7 PM (EST) I'll be gone for the weekend.

RedSpectre221

Ermac Apprentice
CEO 2012 Big D im happy to hear your going i live in west palm beach ill be there we gotta spread the word because Florida is gonna take it.

Big D

Relevant In An Irrelevant Time
CEO 2012 Big D im happy to hear your going i live in west palm beach ill be there we gotta spread the word because Florida is gonna take it.
Damn WPB? I visit my parents sometimes in Delray Beach. Thats close as hell man

RedSpectre221

Ermac Apprentice
Damn WPB? I visit my parents sometimes in Delray Beach. Thats close as hell man
Yea man hit me up on XBL my gamertag is Redspectre221 we can spar and i can introduce u to my boy Big x Bosilini hes top 100 in the leader boards and he plays everybody so its good practice

RedSpectre221

Ermac Apprentice
Cool in the mean time lets hype this tourney up as much as possible Florida players especially online like myself are not free

UsedForGlue

"Strength isn't everything"
I much prefer the F+4 as a combo ender to stay within a decent range and follow up with some pressure. I was wondering what you guys think? I know that match-ups make a huge difference on which to use but I feel like Ermac's pressure game is very underrated. 3,1...d+3.d+3. 1,2,1...etc.

Thoughts/Comments/Suggestions?
While I agree with the F4 ender to combos, I really like :ex Force Push.

In my opinon, there are certain characters that Ermac can't allow to be full screen on him and characters that he can't allow in close at all, so finishing every combo with 22 Push or F4 is not always the best option on repeat, its a choice on the character you are fighting.

And one of the most underused tools Ermac has is his :ex Push, it gets your damage that you want from 22 Push at the end of combos, but allows you the massive frame advantage to set your distance again, or get really close if you want, which you don't get from the regular push, you just have to take full screen, its got damage, and gives you control of where you want to be, its the best of both for me. Its great against Reptile, Cyrax, Kabal, Sektor etc. And I know personally when im Reptile, I want pushed full screen, thats exactly where I want to be.

Against some characters, its a priority to just push them full screen and keep them as far away as possible, Cage, CSZ, Sonya for example.

And against certain characters with slower normals and pokes, finishing the combo with F4 is perfect, against Sindel, Noob, Rain, Lui Kang etc.

So for me its a call on the character your against.

I like Ermacs Pressure, but his D3 kind of jars me abit, the same as Rain, your at disadvantage even on hit, and your pressure kind of comes to an end.

Metzos

You will BOW to me!
I like Ermacs Pressure, but his D3 kind of jars me abit, the same as Rain, your at disadvantage even on hit, and your pressure kind of comes to an end.
Yeah but you cant be punished plus his hitbox is lowered so much that many moves whiff against him. Also the range is insane.

UsedForGlue

"Strength isn't everything"
Yeah but you cant be punished plus his hitbox is lowered so much that many moves whiff against him. Also the range is insane.
Really? Maybe thats the same for Rain, as his D3 and Ermac's look identical.

So if you have a blocked :fk:fp, and you hit a D3, what do you normally do next considering your at slight disadvantage?

Metzos

You will BOW to me!
Really? Maybe thats the same for Rain, as his D3 and Ermac's look identical.

So if you have a blocked :fk:fp, and you hit a D3, what do you normally do next considering your at slight disadvantage?
After a blocked 31 i usually do a d1, throw or even another 31. I use d3 when the opponent is a little bit further to control the footsies space. The thing about d3 is that if its done from max range it can cause some special high moves to whiff against Ermac (eg: JC's F3).

LEGEND

YES!
It really depends on the MU. Thing is that if you have a rushdown character then you want him at full screen. If you have a character that can outzone you, you would want him close to you. And yes Big D Ermac's pressure is very underrated. I really think he is one of the very few characters in the game that can win against all his MU's, even the bad ones, if he is played correctly.
i think the same can be said for alot of characters

i can't see any Ermac ever beating my Jax though. That matchup is shit for Ermac, his zoning,rushdown and footsies get blown up and he has no way to get out of pressure

What do you think about that MU?

Metzos

You will BOW to me!
i think the same can be said for alot of characters

i can't see any Ermac ever beating my Jax though. That matchup is shit for Ermac, his zoning,rushdown and footsies get blown up and he has no way to get out of pressure

What do you think about that MU?
Well in my MU chart i have put 5.5-4.5 in Ermac's favor BUT thats only cause in the end its up to the player. i m saying that cause if the Jax player cant deal with zoners well he will get blown up. That MU is even imo. The only scary thing Jax has against Ermac is the corner pressure which is why breakers are for. You dont combo break against Jax when in midscreen, ever, except if that is going to cost you the match. Ever. So imo that MU can be considered as even.

LEGEND

YES!
Well in my MU chart i have put 5.5-4.5 in Ermac's favor BUT thats only cause in the end its up to the player. i m saying that cause if the Jax player cant deal with zoners well he will get blown up. That MU is even imo. The only scary thing Jax has against Ermac is the corner pressure which is why breakers are for. You dont combo break against Jax when in midscreen, ever, except if that is going to cost you the match. Ever. So imo that MU can be considered as even.
how do you get out of Jax pressure with Ermac though, he has no armor and His D1 is his only anti pressure poke for this MU which is only +1 on hit and fully punishable on block

Metzos

You will BOW to me!
how do you get out of Jax pressure with Ermac though, he has no armor and His D1 is his only anti pressure poke for this MU which is only +1 on hit and fully punishable on block
I usually let Jax finish his F4 string and after that i backdash. If he goes for F4 gotcha i crouch block and d1 him afterwards. Usually i play with alot of throws in this match. I try to utilize as many throws as possible against rushdown characters, or characters that have better normals than mine.

AK L0rdoftheFLY

I hatelove this game
I agree. everything ermac does is punishable by a dash punch. It's the same for NW shoulder. He cannot get out of pressure. he also gets out zoned. 6-4 jax. It has nothing to do with the player. it's all about the characters tools.

Metzos

You will BOW to me!
I agree. everything ermac does is punishable by a dash punch. It's the same for NW shoulder. He cannot get out of pressure. he also gets out zoned. 6-4 jax. It has nothing to do with the player. it's all about the characters tools.
Nope Jax cant punish max ranged TKP's and on whiff its full combo punishable. Same with NW's shoulder. Ermac will never play fullscreen against either Jax either NW Fly.

AK L0rdoftheFLY

I hatelove this game
Nope Jax cant punish max ranged TKP's and on whiff its full combo punishable. Same with NW's shoulder. Ermac will never play fullscreen against either Jax either NW Fly.
I was assuming jax could but I could be wrong but I know for a fact that night wolf can.