What's new

f23

Chaosphere

The Free Meter Police
f23. In my opinion, this is Raiden's best pressure string. If it hits it can be hit confirmed into f23~ex-shocker for a big combo. If blocked it ends at 0. It has a good block stun that people aren't used to. You can end with vicinity blast which if it hits gives you a safe jump and if it's blocked ends at 0. On block you can link teleport which ends at -3.

This string gives you so many options and follow up options. You can do things like just doing f2 which might trip them up if they think you are going to end the string. Use it. A lot. You know you want to.

RYX

BIG PUSHER
I've been trying to use it in my casual Raiden but I'm having trouble. Is there a certain point to use it?

Chaosphere

The Free Meter Police
I've been trying to use it in my casual Raiden but I'm having trouble. Is there a certain point to use it?
After jip or after a d4 hits are the times where it's most guaranteed. After d3 or d1 hits is good too if they don't poke back or interrupt you with something else. Basically, any time you think they will hold block.

Reactions: RYX
After jip or after a d4 hits are the times where it's most guaranteed. After d3 or d1 hits is good too if they don't poke back or interrupt you with something else.
I use F2, 4 a lot even after poke (d1 is of course iffy, though), because F2 has weird priority/stuffing properties, and unless they're on point with their pokes, their poke will get blown up anyway and they also will if they jump out often, because of F2's high vertical hit box. So, should be the same way after F2,3. I'll start trying to work it in next time I play casuals and note my success. A good mention, Chaosphere.

Chaosphere

The Free Meter Police
I use F2, 4 a lot even after poke (d1 is of course iffy, though), because F2 has weird priority/stuffing properties, and unless they're on point with their pokes, their poke will get blown up anyway and they also will if they jump out often, because of F2's high vertical hit box. So, should be the same way after F2,3. I'll start trying to work it in next time I play casuals and note my success. A good mention, Chaosphere.
At some point I'll try to put together a video of my success with f23 over the course of last weekend at GGA. And yes, f24 is great when you decide to end your pressure and get them the F away from you.

RYX

BIG PUSHER
I have two questions for you.

How does Raiden, a character who cannot be zoned or pressured, suck?

And give what a rest, exactly?

GGA Saucy Jack

The artist formerly known as ImNewbieSauce
I never ever saw a raiden pressure with this string until chaosphere used it against me at FightNight. Good stuff. This string gave me all sorts of fits in our matches. More raidens need to use it. Chaosphere and Soonk bringin dat knowledge.

When I used Raiden for a short while I loved using f2,3 & f2,4. I has all the perks you explained and it's good for baiting out pokes.

Tolkeen

/wrists
Classic TYM. Somebody tries to talk about their character and discuss something, and somebody comes in and says the character is ass and to stop talking about them. Sigh
What are you gonna do about it mod? If it's not constructive, give him a warning and delete that stuff lol :)

4x4lo8o

Noob
None of this shit about characters sucking or whatever, just talk about the thread topic. Please.

f23 is the shit. Jails standing into vb, cancels safely into teleport, and both f2, f24, and f23 are 0 on block. Great for setting up throws or continuing your pressure.
If they let go of block after f23 and get hit by the vb you get a free jump in. If they're respecting the vb then you just use f23 by itself and you can throw or go into a another block string. f23~tele is -3, so if they try to punish teleport you'll block it and you sometimes get a punish. After failing to punish once after f23~tele usually they'll just block and you can get a throw in. You can also use just f2 and then for pressure or a throw before while they're waiting for the second hit.

It hit comfirms into ex-shocker and you can finish with 1~vb, 334, superman for over 30%. In the corner you can hit confirm into ex-vb and finish with 4, 334, 33~shocker, 33~superman for better damage.

The vb whiffs on hit though, so be careful of that. Make sure you hit confirm. If you don't have/don't want to spend meter you can hit confirm into superman.

f2 hits mid, so this Raiden's fastest starter that doesn't hit high. Also has a pretty solid range and sometime goes over pokes and things.

Definitely one of Raiden's best strings. Definitely under used.

Pro tip: Stagger your b312 string, use b31 and while they're stand blocking for the last hit that hits overhead use f23~vb