What's new

F2 Overhead on hit - Frame Data

Theme

Noob
Kung Lao Ex Divekick has 2 great uses , the first is punishing projectiles on reaction from anywhere on the screen since you get a really damaging combo from it and can be done from all height you hit the opponent ( Ex divekick f3 spin 1 24 1+3 ender of choice for 30+ damage ) , the second one is getting a free blockstring / throw from a blocked Ex Divekick ( and if you look at his normals and some specials you will understand why he has plenty of dirty ass setups for it ) wich puts KL at +10 ( could be less depending where you hit ) giving him a not interruptable ( not even by armor ) 11 / 21 wich again it's an attack / throw mixup.

Explore this character more guys , i can't tell why the KL forum is a desert.
Wow.... I never knew you could follow up with a combo LOL!... Much appreciated yet again Crathen.

doesnt the frame data say f2 is -9 on block? so it can actually be punished by some characters...am I the only one that doesnt use f2 at all?

THTB

Arez | Booya | Riu48 - Rest Easy, Friends
doesnt the frame data say f2 is -9 on block? so it can actually be punished by some characters...am I the only one that doesnt use f2 at all?
Considering the range, it's basically only punishable by Reptile if properly spaced.

This is REALLY good. Honestly, it could be the answer to low-hitbox characters KL would need (Not like he has that serious of problems vs them...seriously, play footsies with this character!)

Considering the range, it's basically only punishable by Reptile if properly spaced.

This is REALLY good. Honestly, it could be the answer to low-hitbox characters KL would need (Not like he has that serious of problems vs them...seriously, play footsies with this character!)
Thanks for clearing that up. I have thought of the idea of using this against low hitbox characters but havent been able to put it to use. after seeing the frame data, I stopped using it completely, but now I might experiment with it some more.

wait.. if f2 is -9 on block and low hat is -12 on block, wouldnt low hat be kinda safe on block from the range of the tip of your d4? Also does canceling d4 into low hat not matter at all, still as unsafe as regular low hat from the same range? I dont know how to read frame data when it comes to canceling into unsafe moves, so can somebody help me out here?

THTB

Arez | Booya | Riu48 - Rest Easy, Friends
With projectiles, if they hit later, then by how much later they hit is how much less disadvantage they are. If low hat hits, say, 4 frames later than it would point blank, it'd be -8 on block. So yes, doing d4 xx low hat is fairly safe, the further you go out.

Cancelling into a special has no effect on safety unless it specifically changes when cancelled.

UsedForGlue

"Strength isn't everything"
wait.. if f2 is -9 on block and low hat is -12 on block, wouldnt low hat be kinda safe on block from the range of the tip of your d4? Also does canceling d4 into low hat not matter at all, still as unsafe as regular low hat from the same range? I dont know how to read frame data when it comes to canceling into unsafe moves, so can somebody help me out here?
Without the threat of F2 from KL, you don't have much to rock the opponent with, as a footsie tool, without jumping or teleporting at the opponent. Overhead, and +1 on hit, making his :bp frames. Its a great tool.

SunnyD

24 Low Hat!
I need to switch my overhead tactics to this. f2 leaves your opponent much closer to you than my usual overhead attack, 24 1+3. It just feels to damn slow for me, i almost always get poked out of it whenever i try to use it.