What's new

F2 Overhead on hit - Frame Data

UsedForGlue

"Strength isn't everything"
+1 is near useless?
It just appears that people don't seem to realise that when they are hit by f2, they can footsie, they sre not locked in any overwhelming frame trap. Such a common occurrence on opponents hit by it, thought it would be useful to those who didn't know.

Complete opposite. If you're +1 and have a 6 frame D1 you can show them that you're at advantage after the overhead hits. Once they respect the fact that they have to block a D1 and aren't allowed to retaliate you can begin to mix it up.

Advantage in any shape or form is useful. Just use your head.
my friend. kung lao has a 7 frame d1.

he said after the overhead advantage on hit it turns his d1 into a 6 frame move cuz the advantage of f2 is +1 on hit so it will turn a 7 frame move into a 6 frame move]
youd have to be really close to be able to use the d1, who would use a f2 at the closest range? and I really dont think he meant that, read his post again.

A F0xy Grampa

Problem X Promotions
I thought Kls D1 was 6 frames, oh well. What I said still applies.

Dont ignore something useful when you have something useful. To be the best with your character you have to know what to do after everything you do. If you have +1 advantage dont just leave it, use it.

I thought Kls D1 was 6 frames, oh well. What I said still applies.

Dont ignore something useful when you have something useful. To be the best with your character you have to know what to do after everything you do. If you have +1 advantage dont just leave it, use it.
how can you even use it?F2 on hit creates a small distance between u and the opponent. its too far to get any advantage from that, 1 frame is next to nothing, maybe u would be on advantage in an air to air situation, but who would jump forward after being hit by a f2?

how can you even use it?F2 on hit creates a small distance between u and the opponent. its too far to get any advantage from that, 1 frame is next to nothing, maybe u would be on advantage in an air to air situation, but who would jump forward after being hit by a f2?
I can always get a 24 1+2 in afterwards, even if the other player jumps. like foxy said mix it up with throws and stuff once the +1 is given respect. actually really useful, i think F2 is an under-used tool

I can always get a 24 1+2 in afterwards, even if the other player jumps. like foxy said mix it up with throws and stuff once the +1 is given respect. actually really useful, i think F2 is an under-used tool
I think pokes interrupt that, and don't try that too many times, armor will blow that up

Red Son

Noob
f2 was useless, after the last patch, but now it's more safer and it's the way to go. You said that if you use it too much you'll be blowed up, well that's the game, if you use spin too much you'll got blowed up, but it's not useless because of this, the same to the most part of the moveset in the entire game. you have to mix it up. 1 is better than 0

what are your suggestions to follow up the f2? provide some examples
right now Im experimenting on blocked ex dive kick to continue pressure into either 212121 or 24 overhead, 24 low hat naked 24 into another naked 24 if they block it and try to do something after 24 check them with a spin, its a real mindfuck and a lot of people fall for it the first few times

miloPKL

soundcloud.com/pukelization
right now Im experimenting on blocked ex dive kick to continue pressure into either 212121 or 24 overhead, 24 low hat naked 24 into another naked 24 if they block it and try to do something after 24 check them with a spin, its a real mindfuck and a lot of people fall for it the first few times
EX divekick i never use. what happens when the ex divekick is blocked at various heights? below a certain point does it become hard to punish or is the rebound much less or something?

EX divekick i never use. what happens when the ex divekick is blocked at various heights? below a certain point does it become hard to punish or is the rebound much less or something?
You land right in front of your opponents face with block advantage and dealing chip, you can basically do whatever you want after that. its a very underused tool, I really dont know why

miloPKL

You land right in front of your opponents face with block advantage and dealing chip, you can basically do whatever you want after that. its a very underused tool, I really dont know why

thanks ill try this out and see how i do. tbh i suspected this was possible but never succeeded in doing it, though i have never actually practiced it and my attempts are very few and far between (cuz i was punished when i tried in a real match)

Crathen

Death is my business
Kung Lao Ex Divekick has 2 great uses , the first is punishing projectiles on reaction from anywhere on the screen since you get a really damaging combo from it and can be done from all height you hit the opponent ( Ex divekick f3 spin 1 24 1+3 ender of choice for 30+ damage ) , the second one is getting a free blockstring / throw from a blocked Ex Divekick ( and if you look at his normals and some specials you will understand why he has plenty of dirty ass setups for it ) wich puts KL at +10 ( could be less depending where you hit ) giving him a not interruptable ( not even by armor ) 11 / 21 wich again it's an attack / throw mixup.

Explore this character more guys , i can't tell why the KL forum is a desert.

miloPKL

excellent thanks for the info and i wish more discussion was in the KL thread, i try bringing discussion here but its very slow. i havent explored EX divekick but now i know i must do so.

excellent thanks for the info and i wish more discussion was in the KL thread, i try bringing discussion here but its very slow. i havent explored EX divekick but now i know i must do so.
another setup for the ex dive kick on block is a crossover jumpkick around knee length

Red Son

Noob
f2 on hit is a kind of a bait, most people jump or dash in after it, so I do a back dash and wait to make a spin.
if he doesn't jump, I dash in and continue my strings with 2,4 or b3,3.

The Ex Divekick is so useful, it gives you so much advantage on block. But remember that if you misses it, you'll lose 1 bar, that's a thing to care about.

Noserfatu

My eyes! The goggles do nothing!
There is some great info here and it spawned from a simple post. We need to continue this discussion. I am going to explore KL more going forward. He is my #3 now but with so many Kabal's and Kenshi's coming around, KL is extremely useful.