What's new

F Champ Receives Lifetime Ban, Racism in the FGC/USA, and Other Prevalent Social Discussions

Lt. Boxy Angelman

I WILL EAT THIS GAME
I gave you a response, you just didn't like it.

And if you paid attention you'd understand that I'm not trying to get you banned, I'm trying to shred some light on the bias in this forum. Because @Marlow can say people don't get banned for using foul language, but I bet whatever you want that if I, arguing against the views most welcome here, would have acted in a manner half as aggressive as you, I wouldn't be here.

EDIT: actually isn't that what happened to Skedar70?
Skedar was a victim-blaming sexist pig, and this board is better off without him. And you still haven't responded to Boi's actual post.
Another classic tactic: deflection the moment you run out of answers.

This is an aggressive, sensitive, deeply important topic to just about everyone here. And when reasonable discussion is stonewalled and met with rhetoric, you can very well expect the language to escalate.

Ram

Buluc Chabtan
Why would I bother being respectful to transphobes? My best friend in the entire FGC is a trans woman. She is family to me. If they want to hate on my family, they deserve to be berated and cast out.
Sorry to keep bringing up Mr. Davis, but it is just very applicable to what you're saying here:

Daryl Davis, a black man who took it upon himself to answer the question of "Why do you hate me when you know nothing about me?" by talking to (and in several cases, befriending) members of the KKK, concluded the following:
"The lesson learned is: ignorance breeds fear. If you don't keep that fear in check, that fear will breed hatred. If you don't keep hatred in check, it will breed destruction."

My point is this: these people who hate on your family, are likely doing so because of ignorance and lack of knowledge/education. That is why, in my opinion, it is actually VERY important to be respectful towards them: this lowers their defenses and hopefully allows for positive discourse and discussion, eventually leading to the knowledge/education that is required to remove ignorance (and, as a result, their hatred).

Lt. Boxy Angelman

I WILL EAT THIS GAME
On the same level as who exactly?

Epstein was a democratic doner and should trump pretty much anyone, maybe exept for the grand wizard of the KKK. But has more connections into the party itself soo....
is that what you are looking for

Because there is no such thing as a subhuman not on a group level, not on an individual level.

And if you want to argue the point, like making exceptions for individual based on their actions. Then you should inform yourself about the eradication of Jews, gays and any other undesirable in the third Reich, and how they used this classification for their actions.

Give the $100 to any homeless of your choosing they need I it more then I.
You literally didn't answer either of our actual questions.

Is this is the part of the thread where the anti-cancel devil's advocates realize they've lost, so they troll the argument to death? Y'all can do better than that.

Lt. Boxy Angelman

I WILL EAT THIS GAME
Sorry to keep bringing up Mr. Davis, but it is just very applicable to what you're saying here:

Daryl Davis, a black man who took it upon himself to answer the question of "Why do you hate me when you know nothing about me?" by talking to (and in several cases, befriending) members of the KKK, concluded the following:
"The lesson learned is: ignorance breeds fear. If you don't keep that fear in check, that fear will breed hatred. If you don't keep hatred in check, it will breed destruction."

My point is this: these people who hate on your family, are likely doing so because of ignorance and lack of knowledge/education. That is why, in my opinion, it is actually VERY important to be respectful towards them: this lowers their defenses and hopefully allows for positive discourse and discussion, eventually leading to the knowledge/education that is required to remove ignorance (and, as a result, their hatred).
I like you, Ram. Really. I am thankful for your insight and determination to keep things civil. I've just seen the hateful side of the coin turn that logic on its head too many times. Those who want no part of the civil discourse and simply want the people in favor of change to stay silent and complacent can't be reached that way. But you're a better person than I for still believing they can, for real.

Ram

Buluc Chabtan
I like you, Ram. Really. I am thankful for your insight and determination to keep things civil. I've just seen the hateful side of the coin turn that logic on its head too many times. Those who want no part of the civil discourse and simply want the people in favor of change to stay silent and complacent can't be reached that way. But you're a better person than I for still believing they can, for real.
I appreciate it, but I'm just a messenger for Daryl Davis and the great work he's done.

Marlow

Premium Supporter
Premium Supporter
Because @Marlow can say people don't get banned for using foul language, but I bet whatever you want that if I, arguing against the views most welcome here, would have acted in a manner half as aggressive as you, I wouldn't be here.
It depends on what views you're talking about. If it's a view based on a matter of opinion, like the quality of an MK game, you're not likely to get banned unless you're so over the top obnoxious or aggressive to other posters that you're becoming a problem, you'll likely get banned.

But if your view is that being hateful towards trans people, or black people, or gay people is ok, you're going to get banned. Even if you're very polite about it.

Kenne

Noob
58 minutes ago
You literally didn't answer either of our actual questions.

Couldn't have said it all better myself.

STILL WAITING ON THOSE LEFTIST NAMES, FELLAS
I provided you with what you wanted, a name of a shitty person who is associated with the left.

If you want any comparison that isn’t mindboggling stupid. Then stop lumping everything together acording to your own biases, and start profiding specifics.

Lt. Boxy Angelman

I WILL EAT THIS GAME
58 minutes ago

I provided you with what you wanted, a name of a shitty person who is associated with the left.

If you want any comparison that isn’t mindboggling stupid. Then stop lumping everything together acording to your own biases, and start profiding specifics.
I've been providing specifics literally this entire thread. Stop trying to shift the burden of proof onto me because you don't have an answer. Epstein was a monster who associated with people from ALL walks of life, including the person currently occupying the White House and the royal family of Great Britain. I'm asking for anyone on the left or liberal side of the board who comes anywhere close to being as bigoted or argumentatively divisive as Hannity, Ingram, Carlson, Karl Rove, Steve Bannon, Glenn Beck, Rush Limbaugh, or any other such individuals who perpetuate the aforementioned racist/sexist/homophobic agenda on a daily basis. I want to know who it is on the other side who have done as much consistent and long-lasting damage to the societal conversation as they have. I've been asking since this thread started in the hopes that ANYONE could provide a solid answer, because I want to know who's in that dangerous and divisive boat on all sides and from all angles, because I am an Independent voter who doesn't believe that ANY particular ideology is bulletproof, and I want to be as informed as I can possibly be. I have received nothing in return except vaguely veiled shots, accusations of bias, and complaints like yours to do EXACTLY the thing I'm doing, which is being as specific as I can be and being foolish enough to expect the same in return.

Do you have those names? Can you point me in the direction of those people on the other side, who do as thorough a job of making people comfortable with their own bigotry and constitutional right to be a racist asshole, because it's always the other side's fault when they're held to account? Because if you can't, then I'm not sure exactly what it is you're so troubled with me about. This is me opening the floor to you and allowing you the space to counter my arguments with anything resembling facts, since apparently I'm a radical ideologue who just wants to bully people into believing there's only one side to any of this. It can't POSSIBLY be that the side I'm arguing against has built their entire platform on prejudice and discrimination, and are absolutely the kind of people who need to be held to account at every possible turn, no. It's because I'm the bad guy for wanting the FGC and society at large to no longer hold a place at the table for bigots, sexists, victim blamers and all their apologists, which to circle all the way back to the OP is exactly what this situation is about in the first place.

When meeting in the middle doesn't work anymore, you don't further polarize the board: you create a new middle, and leave behind whoever doesn't have the decency to acknowledge the shift. That's what we're seeing in the FGC and American politics in tandem; the old ways being left behind, as well they should be. Fuck the old arcade bully pulpit and people who's only strength is being the tough and scary guy, and fuck the Confederate statues right alongside them. Let the bigots and apologists be made just as uncomfortable as the rest of society around them who have finally found the means to change things. They'll either change their ways and try and be better, or they'll be left in the dust. Either way, we're all better off.

Last edited:

CrimsonShadow

Administrator and Community Engineer
Administrator

Yet the KKK is still around, decades later, because we allow it to be. That’s the problem.

Take some people out, they recruit more of them. They are sitting in a safe space and using it to make others feel unsafe. And for what? Ethnicity and the color of their skin.

In 2020, I shouldn’t be forced to argue or persuade someone that I’m valid or should have equal treatment, solely because my skin is a certain color. Anyone would be tired of having to justify their value on a daily/weekly basis based on their ethnicity by this point. It should be a GIVEN. And organizations holding back that simple cause should not be allowed safe haven.

So it shouldn't be up to me to convince the KKK not to exist. The KKK should have to justify why they should exist at all, on the grounds of basic human decency and equality.

ItsYaBoi

Noob
On the same level as who exactly?

Epstein was a democratic doner and should trump pretty much anyone, maybe exept for the grand wizard of the KKK. But has more connections into the party itself soo....
is that what you are looking for?

Because there is no such thing as a subhuman not on a group level, not on an individual level.

And if you want to argue the point, like making exceptions for individual based on their actions. Then you should inform yourself about the eradication of Jews, gays and any other undesirable in the third Reich, and how they used this classification for their actions.

Give the $100 to any homeless of your choosing they need I it more then I.
Try reading the thread. I listed some examples, such as Richard Spencer, Milo, Sargon of Akkad (and there’s plenty more but there’s actually WAY too many to list).

Again, who on the left spreads hate on social media to the level of people on the right?

ItsYaBoi

Noob
I gave you a response, you just didn't like it.

And if you paid attention you'd understand that I'm not trying to get you banned, I'm trying to shred some light on the bias in this forum. Because @Marlow can say people don't get banned for using foul language, but I bet whatever you want that if I, arguing against the views most welcome here, would have acted in a manner half as aggressive as you, I wouldn't be here.

EDIT: actually isn't that what happened to Skedar70?
Debating your response with valid counterpoints =/= not liking it.

Again, if you can’t handle debate then grow up and come back.

M2Dave

Zoning Master
Yet the KKK is still around, decades later, because we allow it to be. That’s the problem.
Who is "we"? What are you inferring? What would you like society to do? Require the government to watch them closely? Put them in jail or prison? Execute them?

Lt. Boxy Angelman

I WILL EAT THIS GAME
Who is "we"? What are you inferring? What would you like society to do? Require the government to watch them closely? Put them in jail or prison? Execute them?
It could start by strongly and widely perpetuating a culture where personal responsibility and accountability are held in a higher regard than protecting peoples' ability to be assholes, because America says that it's okay as long as you don't break the law.

As @CrimsonShadow alluded to, forcing the trash to justify themselves and their reasonings is a great way to go about it. If it's so important for people like the KKK on the political side and the FChamps and Chris G's on the gaming side to be able to hold to their beliefs and actions, they should have to do so out in the open where the world can see. Nothing will change by sitting back and waiting for those in the wrong to stop being wrong, because they will take every opportunity they have to get away with it.

CrimsonShadow

Administrator and Community Engineer
Administrator
'We' is all of us -- our society. And they should have to disband. It should not be ok to publicly establish and run an organization for the sole purpose of intimidating and marginalizing other ethnic groups as less-than-valid in 2020. It’s time to grow up.

Keep in mind the government had no problem arresting and killing the black panthers because they viewed them as a threat to white america. The number of people in the black panthers organization has never even been close to that of the KKK. It’s clear if the government wants to act on something of this nature they can. So if the government wanted to dismantle the kkk they definitely could put a better effort into that

jokey77

Character Loyalist
Same.

@jokey77 @M2Dave @SaSSolino you all seem pretty right leaning in your arguments. Care to give us any examples? Thanks in advance for the abundance of examples that you're undoubtedly about to bestow on us.
Sorry, I am not quite sure what you ask for?!

Shall I give you some anecdotal examples that I have encountered personally? In this case I have to say that the rights have attacked me much meaner and more underhanded than what happened to me in this thread. Yes, I get smacked by the left and the right! :(

In a broader historical perspective, I would say: Just have a look at the mass killings under communist regimes. Mao Zedong, Stalin and Lenin come to mind. One could argue that more people were and are killed under communist regimes than under any other form of government. So throughout the younger history the left was propably worse.

I can't name American celebrities, because I am European. However personally I do think that people in positions of power tend to hold conservative political views. If such persons commit an evil deed, then this probably weighs more heavily for various reasons. But here you have to be careful with cause and effect. I don't think they do bad things because they're conservatives. I rather believe that out of self-interest they take those political views that are most beneficial to them (we are talking about bad people after all). And thus they decide to stick with conservative views. For example, since powerful and rich people want to avoid taxation, conservative positions are propably more attractive to them.

At the same time I think that the majority of the left does not subscribe to any philosophical ideology either. Working class people often lack education, which makes it even harder to express profound political ideas. Yet they tend to follow leftist views. Quite often this also happens out of pure self-interest. Besides I believe that poorer people in desperate situations commit certain (street) crimes more often. So in absolute numbers it is more likely that the left will be involved in crimes. However many people are more inclined to forgive said crimes by average people.

This is a wild guess though, but it seems logical to me... Now it is up to decide what conclusions you want to draw. Personally I doubt that a "who is worse"-discussion will bring us forward.

I mean, for real? Have we reached this point? If this continues, I must say goodbye to this thread. The next step is for us to attack each other personally. I love my Mortal Kombat community way too much for doing that.

M2Dave

Zoning Master
It could start by strongly and widely perpetuating a culture where personal responsibility and accountability are held in a higher...
Oh, the irony...

As @CrimsonShadow alluded to, forcing the trash to justify themselves and their reasonings is a great way to go about it. If it's so important for people like the KKK on the political side and the FChamps and Chris G's on the gaming side to be able to hold to their beliefs and actions...
Did you just seriously compare Chris G. and Filipino Champ to the KKK?

I mean, I feel awful saying the following, but I do not reply to you for this reason. Your arguments are ludicrous and the perfect example of far-left ideology.

But speaking of ludicrous...

'We' is all of us -- our society. And they should have to disband. It should not be ok to publicly establish and run an organization for the sole purpose of intimidating and marginalizing other ethnic groups as less-than-valid in 2020. It’s time to grow up.
In what way, shape, or form does the KKK represent mainstream America? Which entity would you like to disband the KKK? The local police? The military? The FBI? You have given no specific answers.

The only thing you have demonstrated thus far is that you are against the first amendment. If a group of racist white people want to assemble peacefully, they are constitutionally permitted to do so. However, the very moment in which they issue threats of violence, they ought to be arrested immediately and charged with crimes.

ChaosTheory

A fat woman came into the shoe store today...
Fantasy land.

A dude that posts a tasteless joke on the internet is akin to the KKK?

Speaking of the KKK... what are there, 12 of these retards left? Some of you act like it's Mississippi Burning all over the country. It's silly.

Professor Oak

Are you a boy or girl?
Oh my fucking god you guys. I dont give a flying pig headed fuck about getting banned or having my post removed, Im saying this shit.

If you believe the KKK should be free to just fucking exist, FUCK YOU. I dont give a fuck about "Freedom of Speech," Cause fuck that. You cant yell bomb in a fucking airport and I think thats a good thing, it could cause panic, even trigger ptsd for some, disrupt business, you name it. You cant gather to be bigoted hicks FOR THE SAME REASON PLUS SOME YOU FUCKING IDIOTS. What if I told you that there was a group of people that hated YOU. You dont know who is or isnt a part of that group, but its a lot and theyve been around for a long time. Some of them want to kill you, some of them want to torture you. Some want to make you watch them rape their wife. ALL of them think youre worthless filth. AND you can do nothing about it and the hate will be passed down to their children who will hate your children the same way. And that is not just legal, but FUCKING PROTECTED BY THE GOVERNMENT YOU HAVE TO FUCKING LIVE UNDER. How would you feel? You fucking Chernobyl brain motherfuckers probably think your too tough or thick skinned to care, but I think youre just soulless goons.

If you think there isnt systemic racism, FUCK YOUR MOTHERS ASS. SEGREGATION HAPPENED IN MY PARENTS LIFE TIME. Period. Point blank. My 1st grade field trip was to a N-word using southern families FUCKING COTTON FARM. Do you even grasp the undertones of that when roughly a quarter or more of my class was African American and we live in the SOUTH of USA? There are people, in charge, alive, breathing that control the world that didnt change their mind on being racist, they simply lost a battle. Not a war, though, they still wage it. Through propaganda, lies, manipulation, thought control and more importantly REAL ESTATE AND JOB MARKET CONTROL. A lot of you sound like Parrots that live in some lowly clansmens asshole.

If you think being a racist, a pedophile, a sexual predator, or an inciter of hate is acceptable, FUCK YOUR DEAD RELATIVES IN THE EYE SOCKETS OF THEIR ROTTEN CORPSE. Free speech doesnt exist, its another illusion the right sells so that they can avoid accountability. Dont believe me? Go to the most populated area near you, go to the most crowded place, and start loudly saying that you think all cops are idiots with dicks no bigger than the ammunition in their gun. Report back when completed. Yell bomb at an airport. Say you have an M16 in a nightclub. You are free to speak because they cannot fucking control your vocal chords, but as I make clear, you still will face consequences.

Why is this still being argued? Because @M2Dave @jokey77 @sub_on_dubs @whoeverthefuckIseeonthisbullshit is either trolling, woefully uneducated on the topic and accidentally slipped out of the kiddie pool into the deepend, or is a closeted bigot. Take your pick.

Also, if speech shouldnt be controlled, this wont get taken down. Fuck you all, you racist, pedo defending, society eating, stubborn bastards. Its not right or left, that shit USED to be more about Government spending, not whether or not a known, documented racist country should try to be better. Also, all ovr the world, everyone that reads this, PLEASE QUIT FUCKING THE CHILDREN. Id never have thought people needed to be told to not fuck the children, but here we are. Adds up with having to tell people the country that enslaved a race is RACIST.

Marinjuana

Up rock incoming, ETA 5 minutes
...except he WAS a disgusting person, and the people who were saying so WERE right all along, so... what's your point?

That man told that woman on the air, looking her I'm the face, that he was going to go home and masturbate while thinking about her, and there was nothing she could do about it. Please explain to me how that isn't sinister as all conceivable fuck.

Y'all are going out of your way to miss the point of the CC being that if you are trash in any great capacity, and the world finds out, it's a wrap. Rape, harassment, blatantly stupid racism, sexist bullshit that should've been dealt with years prior but was eventually caught up with...if you've fucked up on that level, you should not feel safe. Sorry, not sorry. Shouldn't have been such a shitty person. Don't get mad because now we live in a world with actual consequences.
Could you be more disingenuous? I said it wasn't as sinister as sexual assault. Sorry, but being a harassing perv isn't the same level as a rapist. Just basic morality.

ItsYaBoi

Noob
Sorry, I am not quite sure what you ask for?!

Shall I give you some anecdotal examples that I have encountered personally? In this case I have to say that the rights have attacked me much meaner and more underhanded than what happened to me in this thread. Yes, I get smacked by the left and the right! :(

In a broader historical perspective, I would say: Just have a look at the mass killings under communist regimes. Mao Zedong, Stalin and Lenin come to mind. One could argue that more people were and are killed under communist regimes than under any other form of government. So throughout the younger history the left was propably worse.

I can't name American celebrities, because I am European. However personally I do think that people in positions of power tend to hold conservative political views. If such persons commit an evil deed, then this probably weighs more heavily for various reasons. But here you have to be careful with cause and effect. I don't think they do bad things because they're conservatives. I rather believe that out of self-interest they take those political views that are most beneficial to them (we are talking about bad people after all). And thus they decide to stick with conservative views. For example, since powerful and rich people want to avoid taxation, conservative positions are propably more attractive to them.

At the same time I think that the majority of the left does not subscribe to any philosophical ideology either. Working class people often lack education, which makes it even harder to express profound political ideas. Yet they tend to follow leftist views. Quite often this also happens out of pure self-interest. Besides I believe that poorer people in desperate situations commit certain (street) crimes more often. So in absolute numbers it is more likely that the left will be involved in crimes. However many people are more inclined to forgive said crimes by average people.

This is a wild guess though, but it seems logical to me... Now it is up to decide what conclusions you want to draw. Personally I doubt that a "who is worse"-discussion will bring us forward.

I mean, for real? Have we reached this point? If this continues, I must say goodbye to this thread. The next step is for us to attack each other personally. I love my Mortal Kombat community way too much for doing that.
Regarding the working class being left leaning, this isn’t always true. You say about Europe, let’s take the UK for example - where the vast majority of the working class have swung to the right in recent years. See: the general election at the tail end of last year.

You’re also wrong on left leaning people being less educated. Again, studies in both the US and UK have proven that people on the left tend to go to college and university more often. Hence why people on the right criticise university campuses as being full of ‘liberals’.

You heard Trump - he LOVES the poorly educated! His words back from 2016.

As for your end comment about “is this where the discussion is heading?”. Maybe bring that up with @M2Dave - the guy whose posts you keep liking. He was the one who made the initial claim of some influential people on the left spewing as much hate as people on the right. Not my fault he can’t back it up.