What's new

Question Exclusively female MK9 Tournament to be held in Chile on November 2nd (probable)

They did this for street fighter and there was a huge fuss about it. The women felt they were just an exhibition for the men to watch and found it sexist they would meaningfully seperate them from the male players as if to say they weren't on the same level or they were just a side show kinda thing. I'd be very careful with this if you want to do it but I think it's a terrible idea
Thanks for the example. But there are things to note where the idea was born... First : tournament will be free and in a beautiful place called Insert Coin bar (http://www.insertcoin.cl/) . We always do events here. In Chile there is an event called "FESTIGAME" (this year were 60,000 people), and our playground fights many women came to play MK9 only (having SF, UMVC3,KOF and other games available). We were all saying "WOW from where so many women" ... been doing tournaments "MK9" over 3 years and have never had a woman participating :( . Then something does not fit? we speak and contacted many of these girls (all very beautifull XD) and all agreed to participate in a women-only event, with the condition that I show them some things mk. (A general tutorial for all).

I've done them online but the goal was just to get females in the community socializing with each other, feeling comfortable and having fun playing. If this is a "let's gawk at hot chicks" thing it's kinda the opposite.
Exactly! the idea is to integrate this with a tournament only from women and that is why we are going to make a documentary to see two things:

1.-Because women prefer MK9 and no other game (At least in Chile is so).

2.-The girls know that tournaments there. so why not dare to participate?

Flagg

Noob
Well if this is being done as a means to broaden the player base, then good show.

If it's a ploy to for awkward betas to gawk at women, lol, maybe not so. ETC McFly always seems like a cool dude so I would assume the former.

That said, can someone make a "Female CHARACTER" tournie only thing? I think that would be pretty cool.

Well if this is being done as a means to broaden the player base, then good show.

If it's a ploy to for awkward betas to gawk at women, lol, maybe not so. ETC McFly always seems like a cool dude so I would assume the former.

That said, can someone make a "Female CHARACTER" tournie only thing? I think that would be pretty cool.
Bro! The tournament is very serious and we seek to encourage females in competitions. We want to document it on video and set an example for other communities

Flagg

Noob
Also @ETC Mcfly, the community knows you for making vids where you have stripped characters down to the barebones and come up with insane combos and resets.....any chance you will do a Skarlet video anytime soon?

Also @ETC Mcfly, the community knows you for making vids where you have stripped characters down to the barebones and come up with insane combos and resets.....any chance you will do a Skarlet video anytime soon?
you want to do one video scarlet for you? You're a good guy and I can do it if you want. :)

Flagg

Noob
you want to do one video scarlet for you? You're a good guy and I can do it if you want. :)
I'm sure there would be more than just me that would appreciate a Skarlet video and I wouldn't want you to go out your way to make a video for just one member, though that's very kind to say, but I think you like characters with a large tool set and I just think you would come up with some amazing stuff for her.

I'm sure there would be more than just me that would appreciate a Skarlet video and I wouldn't want you to go out your way to make a video for just one member, though that's very kind to say, but I think you like characters with a large tool set and I just think you would come up with some amazing stuff for her.
Nice! give me a month and I have done! I will put my whole mind to see that I can discover.

EdFig81

Original OBS mbr/VSM/G4S
With @ETC Chile we will make a great tournament 100% female with beautiful girls of all ages. We will make a documentary on this and let me know if this will be unique in the world.

This will Stream: http://www.twitch.tv/etcchile & commentators ( Great Chilean players accompanying me on the transmission).

Probable date: November 2.

Thanks Guys!

This has been done somewhere in the world?

@PND_Ketchup
@TONY-T
@Eddy Wang
@STORMS
@AK RM Blake
@Badfulgore
@MKNBB
@G4S Claude VonStroke
@REDRUM
@Edfig81
@DarKNaTaS
@MoonSpell
@NickDaGreek1983

edited/promoted by STORMS*
Good luck on the event and to my knowledge this hasn't been done b4. Imo invite everyone so ure not being called a sexist which I wouldn't do but u know tym lol.. I just hope these women play good and it's not a button mash event heh. Good luck bro .

I think some people are feminazis overly sensitive femibros and I would totally double-dip on their tostitos even if they're fellow Canadians human beings. But I still find this kind of creepy and I would not feel comfortable entering if I was a girl strong woman. *edited by TYM cops me

Especially since you emphasize on them being all beautiful to look at, what about girls who don't find themselves that attractive? It's like you're indirectly excluding them and saying you just want hot girls to enter the tourney. You might as well put up a sign saying "No fat or ugly chicks allowed".

I know the intention is good. Just be careful and treat the women with respect and it should be fine. Try to keep commentary about the gameplay, characters, players and matchups and not so much about how the women look or how they are dressed.

Also don't get Aris on commentary. :DOGE

Last edited:
Good luck on the event and to my knowledge this hasn't been done b4. Imo invite everyone so ure not being called a sexist which I wouldn't do but u know tym lol.. I just hope these women play good and it's not a button mash event heh. Good luck bro .
Thank you friend! The main purpose of this is that women are motivated to participate in the championships of fighting games. As I mentioned in a post back, took over 3 years doing tournaments and do not participate. This is a way to see if women with their peers are motivated even more.

I think Dink and Goldy are feminazis and I would totally double-dip on their tostitos even if they're fellow Canadians. But I still find this super creepy and I would not feel comfortable entering if I was a girl.

Especially since you emphasize on them being all beautiful to look at, what about girls who don't find themselves that attractive? It's like you're indirectly excluding them and saying you just want hot girls to enter the tourney. You might as well put up a sign saying "No fat or ugly chicks allowed".

I know the intention is good. Just be careful and treat the women with respect and it should be fine. Try to keep commentary about the gameplay, characters and matchups and not so much about how the women look or how they are dressed.

I understand your point of view much. I have an 8 year old daughter with my girlfriend. I have sister and mother still alive. I respect women and always appreciate when participating in events. Beauty has many ways for me personally and all are cute and nice girls who have already contacted for the tournament. I have no problem in saying so. I have nothing to hide and there is nothing wrong behind this event. They are about 20 girls today. I assure you this is the best end of the world and just hope that everything goes well. :)

MKF30

Fujin and Ermac for MK 11
Some of the better players I've had the luck of playing IMO from Xbox at least are female, Skullface, SkarletGoddess to name a few offhand and unlike most guys don't rely on "top tiers" to win. Which to me earns even more respect.

That's a good idea, I look forward to the streams.

Goldi

Noob
I think Dink and Goldy are feminazis and I would totally double-dip on their tostitos even if they're fellow Canadians. But I still find this super creepy and I would not feel comfortable entering if I was a girl.

I know the intention is good. Just be careful and treat the women with respect and it should be fine. Try to keep commentary about the gameplay, characters, players and matchups and not so much about how the women look or how they are dressed.

I'm definitely not Canadian and probably not any kind of nazi for saying I've done ladies only type events...

Lilith

Baebality
I think this is a cultural thing we are missing here. Hey- latina here so I can understand where he is coming from. Girls only tournaments are basically exhibitions.- even though advertising oh we have very beautiful women! Doesn't seem bad from a latino cultural aspect in other cultures it can be seen as offensive. "Oh they HAVE to entertain by means other than their gameplay?" "Women have more to them than just beauty etc." Tread carefully- this can go great or be a big fumble! (my punctuation and grammar is everywhere)