What's new

Strategy Evolution of the flash BnB's

AYSAMO

Noob
More ppl should be hitconfirming into sonicpound MB for sure. way more damage and if they arent a d1 masher and you do it on block you're +10. My BNB has been ending in b22 sonic pound instead of b22f3 lightning charge though. Same damage but easier to set up oki.

Hellion_96

xX_Hellion96_Xx
More ppl should be hitconfirming into sonicpound MB for sure. way more damage and if they arent a d1 masher and you do it on block you're +10. My BNB has been ending in b22 sonic pound instead of b22f3 lightning charge though. Same damage but easier to set up oki.
Wouldn't ending in charge be better since it has a lot more knockdown advantage? After a charge you get a free dash and they still can't jump out of b2 f2 or d1 they have to block or wakeup

AYSAMO

Noob
Wouldn't ending in charge be better since it has a lot more knockdown advantage? After a charge you get a free dash and they still can't jump out of b2 f2 or d1 they have to block or wakeup
I prefer the sonic pound because trait combos usually carry to the corner, and ending in the SP, I immediately SP again. MB it to be safe, then go for more pressure.

Zyphox

What is going on guys, Ya Boi Zyphox here.
I prefer the sonic pound because trait combos usually carry to the corner, and ending in the SP, I immediately SP again. MB it to be safe, then go for more pressure.
i just hate how if you do b22f3 sonic pound they can immediately tech roll.... and sometimes for no reason ending you combo with something like that you get the same situation because it depends on the height. but i will try it out and see if it works better.
edit i just tried it and yeah immediate tech roll because the trait runs out just as am doing a sonic pound........ maybe a different combo has better results. plus the same combo actually does more damage, this one did 58% the stuff but with b22f3 LC did 61% plus massive wall carry.

SaJa

FH_FenriR
Too bad that we can't see the meter burn on your video. The combos almost give back the entire bar that we used to do so.
It actually costs 1 cm of meter + trait lol. 60%.

I can't land constantly the 4 lighning kicks in the ro at the moment. So I changed a bit to : 3x lightning kicks, b2, 2, lightning kick, b2, 2, f3, charge (58% from b2, 2, gives a fake crossup by the charge ^^).

AYSAMO

Noob
i just hate how if you do b22f3 sonic pound they can immediately tech roll.... and sometimes for no reason ending you combo with something like that you get the same situation because it depends on the height. but i will try it out and see if it works better.

Its kind of harder to set up the sonic pound, but it doesn't let them tech roll. If you're more comfortable with the charge ender just do that since its more damage normally.

Zyphox

Too bad that we can't see the meter burn on your video. The combos almost give back the entire bar that we used to do so.
It actually costs 1 cm of meter + trait lol. 60%.

I can't land constantly the 4 lighning kicks in the ro at the moment. So I changed a bit to : 3x lightning kicks, b2, 2, lightning kick, b2, 2, f3, charge (58% from b2, 2, gives a fake crossup by the charge ^^).
yeah this is the online combo, offline with practice 4 LK will become easier, then b2 Lk b22f3 LC.

Hiltzy85

I'm THAT fast
the thing I find weird about the combos is that fairly often, after four lightning kicks, when i do b22 x lightning kick, the lightning kick goes through them. I know this is because I don't let them fall enough, either before doing b22 or before the initial lightning kick, but it'd be nice if I couldn't blatantly see Flash's foot go through them.

Xenrail

Noob
good to see that more flash players will start incorporating sonic pound into their rotation instead of LK.

one tip though. Learn to use close sonic pound. it's the safer than regular sonic pound if they block and less chance of a whiff

BCE

Noob
2 questions:
-the first meterless combo, was F21xx LK+MB > walk a little > 21 > b22f3xxLC ?
-the trait combo is 4 LK > b2xxLK > b22f3 xx LC or was b22xxLK > b22f3 xx LC ? i dont really see so much difference between b2xxLK and b22xxLK

Hiltzy85

I'm THAT fast
2 questions:
-the first meterless combo, was F21xx LK+MB > walk a little > 21 > b22f3xxLC ?
-the trait combo is 4 LK > b2xxLK > b22f3 xx LC or was b22xxLK > b22f3 xx LC ? i dont really see so much difference between b2xxLK and b22xxLK
b22xxLK puts them a bit higher in the air than does b2xxLK, I think.

you don't really have to walk forward at all when you do f21xxLK MB, 21, b22f3xxLC, but it might make hitting it a bit easier

BCE

Noob
ok, finally tomorrow i will buy this game and try all these new combos and techs posted recently in TYM, my trait combo only does 50% ;( , i only had this game borrowed for 1 week and it was enough to me for end in second in local mini tournament using my flash and GL =D

Zyphox

the thing I find weird about the combos is that fairly often, after four lightning kicks, when i do b22 x lightning kick, the lightning kick goes through them. I know this is because I don't let them fall enough, either before doing b22 or before the initial lightning kick, but it'd be nice if I couldn't blatantly see Flash's foot go through them.
yeah in that situation with the height you could have gotten one more LK in then b2LK b22f3 for extra damage so in total the max potential combo offline is 5 LK into b2 LK into b22f3 LC but the timing is so strict i have yet to pull it off in a match or twice in a row in practice.

SaJa

FH_FenriR
the thing I find weird about the combos is that fairly often, after four lightning kicks, when i do b22 x lightning kick, the lightning kick goes through them. I know this is because I don't let them fall enough
Lol, I have the opposite problem ^^ I guess I'm late doing the LK right after the dash.

Hiltzy85

I'm THAT fast
So can we say for sure which of these is better with no trait?

Is it better to do LK MB, 11, f213 into OTG sonic pound, or LK MB, 21, 32 and then OTG sonic pound? As far as I recall, they do similar damage (around 34-37%, depending on the starter). Is one of them a better set up? Does OTG sonic pound not hit properly afterward if you do 21, 32 x lightning charge?

Zyphox

So can we say for sure which of these is better with no trait?

Is it better to do LK MB, 11, f213 into OTG sonic pound, or LK MB, 21, 32 and then OTG sonic pound? As far as I recall, they do similar damage (around 34-37%, depending on the starter). Is one of them a better set up? Does OTG sonic pound not hit properly afterward if you do 21, 32 x lightning charge?
from my exp 32 is perfect for an OTG sonic pound cross up, most of the time they are in the exact range so that you can regular sonic pound and cross them up, or close sonic pound for the mix up.

Hiltzy85

I'm THAT fast
from my exp 32 is perfect for an OTG sonic pound cross up, most of the time they are in the exact range so that you can regular sonic pound and cross them up, or close sonic pound for the mix up.
so if you end in 32 lightning charge, can you do normal sonic pound for front and far sonic pound for cross up, or does it change the spacing too much that it isn't possible? If it IS still possible to get the OTG mix up with the lightning charge at the end, I would think that we would want to do it to get the extra 2-3% and a little bit of extra meter

Zyphox

so if you end in 32 lightning charge, can you do normal sonic pound for front and far sonic pound for cross up, or does it change the spacing too much that it isn't possible? If it IS still possible to get the OTG mix up with the lightning charge at the end, I would think that we would want to do it to get the extra 2-3% and a little bit of extra meter
unfortuanetly no, LC puts you midscreen so only far sound pound would hit tehm anyway, its still good because if they try to wake up then they will still get OTG'd, but unless you do the combo where LC has them land 1 foot infront of you by doing b22LK mb 23, b22f3 LC at max height, sometimes this allows you to do full combo and the opponent lands right infront for the cross up OTG.

SaJa

FH_FenriR
I've found something a bit dirty.

if you decide to do this BnB :

Starter, sonic pound MB, dash, d2, b2, 2, sonic pound (medium), you'll land in front but ending with the far version you get an ambiguous crossup (~30%).

And have you seen from how far you can make a stage transition with the b2, 2, df3 MB, dash, LK x4, b2, 2, b3 MB ? lol it's insane (63% on some stages).

Zyphox

I've found something a bit dirty.

if you decide to do this BnB :

Starter, sonic pound MB, dash, d2, b2, 2, sonic pound (medium), you'll land in front but ending with the far version you get an ambiguous crossup (~30%).

And have you seen from how far you can make a stage transition with the b2, 2, df3 MB, dash, LK x4, b2, 2, b3 MB ? lol it's insane.
yeah that last combo i do in my combo video thats coming up, but its such a waste of meter LOL, altogether you do get a bar back but still LOL

SaJa

FH_FenriR
yeah that last combo i do in my combo video thats coming up, but its such a waste of meter LOL, altogether you do get a bar back but still LOL
It doesn't cost 3 bars, but 2 bars and dust at the end of the day and every damages coming right after the b2, 2 is garanteed (no choke on the b3 transition). This is situational obviously but it can happen to spend 2 bars for 63% half garanteed. I'm dying too often with 3 bars and half in my bank. :(

Here you can do it 4 dashes/ 2 charges from the midscreen :>

Zyphox

It doesn't cost 3 bars, but 2 bars and dust at the end of the day and every damages coming right after the b2, 2 is garanteed (no choke on the b3 transition). This is situational obviously but it can happen to spend 2 bars for 63% half garanteed. I'm dying too often with 3 bars and half in my bank. :(

Here you can do it 4 dashes/ 2 charges from the midscreen :>
yeah i know it cost two bars because you build one bar while doing the combo, thats what i was saying, but if you have a lot of meter whenever you get an untechable knockdown just check them with a sonic pound MB, it doesn't allow wake up and if you hit you can eithr dash up and sweep or LC or trait up for 57% :) thats what i do atleast.

SaJa

FH_FenriR
I just found a 53% reset just practicing lol.. no corner use (do the combo from the corner to the midscreen).

SP MB, LK x4, b2, 2, LK, delayed 3, 2... x) here comes the running cancel. Does 60% finishing by 3, 2, charge, easier than b2, 2, f3, charge to me. Can be done more constantly imo.

EDIT : after a reset the stance doesn't seem to come up Oo;