What's new

Strategy Evolution of the flash BnB's

Zyphox

What is going on guys, Ya Boi Zyphox here.
okay guys so lets talk damage.....poor flash drops his combo only does 50% :( that is what we all should be saying when we touch any opponent. lets go for max damage BnB's everytime. now i know some of you know this already but you get more damage off a sonic pound MB than LK mb in combos. my point of this is to erase MB LK from combos altogether for bnb with trait and one bar. now regular BnB's without trait are fine for MB LK, but if you have trait you should always be going for 60%+ on combo's and i explain in this video.
DGOD PSYCHO
Hellion_96
LEGEND
@flash mains!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
@ i really need a list of flash mains to tag in my threads!!!!!

Hiltzy85

I'm THAT fast
so, the max damage punish for 1 bar and trait is how much damage? the most I can get is 62%, which is b22 MB sonic pound, trait, dash, LKx5, LC, b22f3 x LC. This only works starting from around the middle of the map, because they have to basically be in the corner after five lightning kicks and the lightning charge.

I guess I should try using the 11, 112 x LC ender Zyphox used when he showed 60% off of d12

Zyphox

so, the max damage punish for 1 bar and trait is how much damage? the most I can get is 62%, which is b22 MB sonic pound, trait, dash, LKx5, LC, b22f3 x LC. This only works starting from around the middle of the map, because they have to basically be in the corner after five lightning kicks and the lightning charge.

I guess I should try using the 11, 112 x LC ender Zyphox used when he showed 60% off of d12
yeah thats good enough, as long as you hit the 60% mark it demoralizes your opponent and it gives you mind games, so if you punish aquamans scoop with b2 sonic pound MB for 60% he's stop with the scoops for sure :)

Hiltzy85

I'm THAT fast
so, it seems like off of f21, you can get 61% midscreen...

f21 x MB sonic pound, Trait, LK, LK, LK, LK, b22 x LK, b22f3 x LK. This is pretty consistent for me. You have to walk forward just a little bit after activating trait. It does 60% if you end in lightning charge instead of kick. Either way, I think you have to far sonic pound if you want to splat them when they stand up.

Zyphox you've probably already got this in your combo video

Zyphox

so, it seems like off of f21, you can get 61% midscreen...

f21 x MB sonic pound, Trait, LK, LK, LK, LK, b22 x LK, b22f3 x LK. This is pretty consistent for me. You have to walk forward just a little bit after activating trait. It does 60% if you end in lightning charge instead of kick. Either way, I think you have to far sonic pound if you want to splat them when they stand up.

Zyphox you've probably already got this in your combo video
yes :)

Hiltzy85

I'm THAT fast
now imagine if he could punish things with a 10f b22 instead of a 15f b22...I guess we'll have to be happy with 60% from a 7f low...

Zyphox

Makes me look back and wonder whose idea was it to make a buff request thread for this guy..that's amazing damage.
shhhhhh he still doesn't comepete with superman or black adam, and to do these combos you have to wait for 20 seconds of trait cooldown as well as if they super or clash it resets the cooldown back to 0, effectively cutting his damage way down.

Hiltzy85

I'm THAT fast
shhhhhh he still doesn't comepete with superman or black adam, and to do these combos you have to wait for 20 seconds of trait cooldown as well as if they super or clash it resets the cooldown back to 0, effectively cutting his damage way down.
you will never land these combos in the second round at all basically, because of clash. Unless they already wasted their clash on a non-trait combo, which would be retarded.

If flash turns on his trait when you're on your second bar, you must clash or die, pretty much

Zyphox

you will never land these combos in the second round at all basically, because of clash. Unless they already wasted their clash on a non-trait combo, which would be retarded.

If flash turns on his trait when you're on your second bar, you must clash or die, pretty much
exactly and when that happens you have to wait 20 second of cooldown, then its one touch death.

Hiltzy85

I'm THAT fast
exactly and when that happens you have to wait 20 second of cooldown, then its one touch death.
If you are a character who can zone, and you clash during a trait combo, I feel like the match is pretty much over for flash unless he has a gigantic lead. If you clash a trait combo while Flash is losing, I don't see how Flash can come back barring minor miracles, especially if you were ahead AND won the clash

Zyphox

If you are a character who can zone, and you clash during a trait combo, I feel like the match is pretty much over for flash unless he has a gigantic lead. If you clash a trait combo while Flash is losing, I don't see how Flash can come back barring minor miracles, especially if you were ahead AND won the clash
exactly why he still needs buffs :)

SaJa

FH_FenriR
The sonic pound should replace the lightning kick in every situations then ?
Also, if I'm not mistaken, the sonic pound is a crossup overhead if used (on block) right after the (b2, 2, f3), (3) and (1, 2, 3) strings against most of the characters midscreen. Am I right ?

One last question. I mostly play online for now, never played against a decent flash, but can we block a sonic pound on reaction ? (for example, at a jump distance, without any hits)

Hiltzy85

I'm THAT fast
The sonic pound should replace the lightning kick then in every situations ?
Also, if I'm not mistaken, the sonic pound is a crossup overhead if used (on block) right after the (b2, 2, f3), (3) and (1, 2, 3) strings against most of the characters midscreen. Am I right ?

One last question. I mostly play online for now, never play against a good flash, but can we block a sonic pound on reaction ? (for example, at a jump distance, without any hits)
unless you get a hit confirm when you don't have trait, in which case, your best option is a MB lightning kick combo

Zyphox

The sonic pound should replace the lightning kick in every situations then ?

One last question. I mostly play online for now, never play against a good flash, but can we block a sonic pound on reaction ? (for example, at a jump distance, without any hits)
on block midscreen no only batman and nightwing (staff stance get hit with cross up b22 sonic pound MB on block. in the corner all characters but the bigs like doomsday get cross up on block by b22f3 sonic pound far MB. and sonic pound on reaction? idk never tried it.