What's new

Question - Reptile EVO Reptile

Scoot Magee

But I didn't want to dash
I'm not going to claim reptile is at some high spot on the tier list just because somebody placed with him at Evo. What I will say is that I didn't see Milky here on these forums bitching about how bad reptile is instead of actually playing the game. Could this be why he's doing well at evo with reptile?

Ryncage

Noob
I'm not going to claim reptile is at some high spot on the tier list just because somebody placed with him at Evo. What I will say is that I didn't see Milky here on these forums bitching about how bad reptile is instead of actually playing the game. Could this be why he's doing well at evo with reptile?
Nope. Most likely a mix of his characters kit working properly, being a good player, and hardly anyone knowing the mu because "lolrepsobad"

I GOT HANDS

Official Infrared Scorp wid gapless Wi-Fi pressure
Originally people were saying Kitana and Reptile weren't viable. What's going on now hmmmmmm
I guess you guys complained loud enough

Just joking. At this stage I think they are balanced characters to suit certain players styles. Most are. Most this tier discussion needs to stop

Gesture Required Ahead

Get on that hook
Digit wasn't doing anything specifically wrong that would have made the matchup any better other than missing like...what, 1 or 2 punishes on b34, which is already a 2-frame punish for Raiden? Milky had nothing extra, either. Just good play...even punished the electric strings.

Also, those high/low options only bring out crap damage without meter midscreen (corner, too, for low option). But the overhead is also 11 frames and +1 on block, the low is 14 frames and with OS is only -5 (-7 with the full string), and when you tack on +2 jabs, a 7-frame poke, an 11-frame d4 to make the overhead option have an unfuzziable high/low, and ways to space out at 0 or better to set up whiff punishes on pokes, all into the mix, I stop seeing where he is this unviable character that needs some major buffs. Of course I liked the idea of fixing up his variations, but in reality, he'd be viable without them ever really changing.

He takes more plays to win matches due to his meterless damage. But he's also safe and difficult to actually block in reality. This character is good.
The D3 buff went a long way. It was the missing piece of the puzzle

Go fuck yourself
Well Tom DID hit the bar, I guess.

Evil Canadian

G O K U
Premium Supporter
Aris is the greatest commentator I've seen throughout the 5 different eSports I've followed competitively (not fighting games tho). That dude is amazing
And not only is Aris great on commentary, he also is professional enough not to constantly check his phone :)

dribirut

BLAK FELOW
Is this supposed to be mocking me? Lol man I'm just as excited as you see him in top 8 especially since it's milky!
Me and him used to kill the reptile mirror in 2011 back in the mk9 days.

Also I'll gladly eat my words saying reptile is not tourney viable! But it still doesn't change how good I think he is. Still bottom 5 in my books

IrishMantis

Most humble shit talker ever!!!
Is this supposed to be mocking me? Lol man I'm just as excited as you see him in top 8 especially since it's milky!

Also I'll gladly eat my words saying reptile is not tourney viable! But it still doesn't change how good I think he is. Still bottom 5 in my books
Which in fairness doesn't mean shit in this game.
Since someone has to be bottom 5 (Hate the term top and bottom 5 can make the char seem a lot better or worse than they actually are, that's why I prefare the letter metric)

I do think his force balls needs buffs And Reptile has to try a lot harder

Cossner

King of the Jobbers 2015
Administrator