What's new

Question - Reptile EVO Reptile

Syzoth

The last Saurian from Zaterra - Syzoth - Reptile
Anybody know who/where I can find video of Perfect Legend losing to a Reptile at EVO? Hear people talk about it but I want to see it D:

Derptile

RIP Ex Smash
In after people attempting to blow up reptile community. He's still not higher than Mid tier, Milky just made constant read after read and it worked out for him

That being said, even Mid tier is viable is viable in this game and Reptile has the benefit of an overhead and a low(shitty ones at that) compared to other low tiers aaaaannnnnnnddddd most importantly Digit did not know the MU.

You all should be getting down on your knees in respect of his gameplan, it was pretty close to flawless.

snort

Noob
He's still not higher than Mid tier, Milky just made constant read after read and it worked out for him

That being said, even Mid tier is viable is viable in this game and Reptile has the benefit of an overhead and a low(shitty ones at that) compared to other low tiers aaaaannnnnnnddddd most importantly Digit did not know the MU.

You all should be getting down on your knees in respect of his gameplan, it was pretty close to flawless.
Reptile just made top 8 at EVO beating heavy hitters bruh. The char is pretty solid.

THTB

Arez | Booya | Riu48 - Rest Easy, Friends
In after people attempting to blow up reptile community. He's still not higher than Mid tier, Milky just made constant read after read and it worked out for him

Digit wasn't doing anything specifically wrong that would have made the matchup any better other than missing like...what, 1 or 2 punishes on b34, which is already a 2-frame punish for Raiden? Milky had nothing extra, either. Just good play...even punished the electric strings.

Also, those high/low options only bring out crap damage without meter midscreen (corner, too, for low option). But the overhead is also 11 frames and +1 on block, the low is 14 frames and with OS is only -5 (-7 with the full string), and when you tack on +2 jabs, a 7-frame poke, an 11-frame d4 to make the overhead option have an unfuzziable high/low, and ways to space out at 0 or better to set up whiff punishes on pokes, all into the mix, I stop seeing where he is this unviable character that needs some major buffs. Of course I liked the idea of fixing up his variations, but in reality, he'd be viable without them ever really changing.

He takes more plays to win matches due to his meterless damage. But he's also safe and difficult to actually block in reality. This character is good.

Derptile

RIP Ex Smash
Digit wasn't doing anything specifically wrong that would have made the matchup any better other than missing like...what, 1 or 2 punishes on b34, which is already a 2-frame punish for Raiden? Milky had nothing extra, either. Just good play...even punished the electric strings.

Also, those high/low options only bring out crap damage without meter midscreen (corner, too, for low option). But the overhead is also 11 frames and +1 on block, the low is 14 frames and with OS is only -5 (-7 with the full string), and when you tack on +2 jabs, a 7-frame poke, an 11-frame d4 to make the overhead option have an unfuzziable high/low, and ways to space out at 0 or better to set up whiff punishes on pokes, all into the mix, I stop seeing where he is this unviable character that needs some major buffs. Of course I liked the idea of fixing up his variations, but in reality, he'd be viable without them ever really changing.

He takes more plays to win matches due to his meterless damage. But he's also safe and difficult to actually block in reality. This character is good.
He's good when you compare him with what's possible with the game's engine but he's just alright compared to other characters.

He still has to put in alot of work to win, which is why I want people to congratulate milky rather say Reptile players on blast.