What's new

EVO - Check your pool # now.

16 Bit

Mash d+1~Cat Claws
Premium Supporter
NetherRealm Studios
they never post brackets for Evo. Only pool asignments.

The new master schedule posted at SRK has MK playing on Saturday.

16 Bit

Mash d+1~Cat Claws
Premium Supporter
NetherRealm Studios
thank god. I wanted to play on friday when I'll be least tired. casuals all day saturday!

Cat

This guy looks kind of tuff...
Pool 26 is nuts. Jt circus. J Wong. Floe and Chris g. I have my money on Chris g and jt circus making it out.

Pool 26 is nuts. Jt circus. J Wong. Floe and Chris g. I have my money on Chris g and jt circus making it out.
JT Circus both sent J Wong to losers bracket, and eliminated him from the tournament at CEO. I wouldn't be surprised if he makes it out of that pool either, that pool is crazy.

Someone tell Aris...to learn how to play vs. Sheeva.

I'd hate to have to troll Evo making it out of my pool WITH SHEEVA!!!

*insert evil laugh*

...no broken controllers this time. ^_^

LMFAO!!!

EDIT: OH SNAPZ SON!!! RYAN HART PLAYING MK TOO??? Yo shit just got even more CLASSY!!!! ;)

Sao87

@thedigitaldojo
Pool 26:
Justin Wong
FloE
Chris G
Biker Jesus
JT Circus

this grp is crazy man... oooooo yeahhhhh bring it on !!
I'm rooting for JT Circus to take this pool, the dude is a beast. If he put Wong into losers and then eliminated him from the tournament at CEO I don't see why that isn't entirely possible again.

Red

Noob
It's better to have them both in the same pool for a game they aren't focused on. I think it'd be a much bigger problem if it was MvC or AE.

EDIT

Evo can only cater so much to regional seeding. How many people from Cali do you think registered for MK? You can't spread them all out.
Aren't Justin and Floe literally roommates?
Well that's what I'm trying to convey. That doesn't matter as far as Evo registration is concerned. They're both listed as Cali. Evo may not even differentiate between SoCal and NorCal.

I suppose it's not out of the question to go by zip code instead of state, but I think that's asking a lot of the Evo organizers to do.

MK was behind AE and MvC in registrations, and ahead of Tekken and BB, but we don't have a confirmed total as far as I know. I'd guess under 500.

To my knowledge, Tokido is playing in everything but MK.
sadly I have a solution to all the seeding IMO...
I dont think they should seed by state or zipcode...
but they should sort by divisions, kinna sorta how the NBA and NHL has divisions.

But the difference in divisions for gaming and professional physical sports is how they would divide the divisions..
the best way to do this is by population, I've thought of this a long time ago and made some facts and info and a map upon it.
on how it should be handled in the best way.

Its nearly almost impossible to dvide the whole U.S. into equal amounts of population by region.. but when I did this little project of mine I think I did it the best it could be done.
I see no problem with people all from the same state or area to be facing each other to get to finals. It makes it so we dont see the same matchup in the grand finals always.

If I were running the largest tournament established and I knew the whole world was coming. This is how I would divide the world.

Populations

Gulf Division
Texas 24,782,302.0
Louisiana 4,492,076.0
Mississippi 2,951,996.0
Alabama 4,708,708.0
Total 36,935,082

South Atlantic Division
Florida 18,537,969
Georgia 9,829,211
South Carolina 4,561,242
North Carolina 9,380,884
Tennessee 6,296,254
Virginia 7,882,590
Kentucky 4,314,113
West Virginia 1,819,777
Delaware 885,122
DC 599,657
Maryland 5,699,478
Total 57,343,275

North Atlantic Division
New York 19,541,453
New Jersey 8,707,739
Maine 1,318,301
Connecticut 3,518,288
New Hampshire 1,324,575
Pennsylvania 12,604,767
Rhode Island 1,053,209
Massachusetts 6,593,587
Vermont 621,760
Total 55,283,679

Smoky Mt. Division
Kentucky 4,314,113
West Virginia 1,819,777
Tennessee 6,296,254
Oklahoma 3,687,050
Arkansas 2,889,450
Total 19,006,644

Rocky Mt. Division
New Mexico 2,009,671
Arizona 6,595,778
Nevada 2,643,085
Colorado 5,024,748
Utah 2,784,572
Wyoming 544,270
Idaho 1,545,801
Montana 974,989
Total 22,122,914

Pacific Division
California 36,961,664
Oregon 3,825,657
Washington 6,664,195
Total 47,451,516

Midwest Division
Kansas 2,818,747
Missouri 5,987,580
Illinois 12,910,409
Minnesota 5,266,213
Wisconsin 5,654,773
Iowa 3,007,856
Nebraska 1,796,617
South Dakota 812,381
North Dakota 646,842
Total 38,901,418

Mideast Division
Michigan 9,969,725
Indiana 6,423,111
Ohio 1,154,2643
Total 27,935,492

Map I made

I believe the way I have laid out the borders of the regions is possibly the best way. I'll explain why

The reason why I put the pacific division with only 3 states is because cali has 36 million ppl.. just imagine how many gamers.. reason why I only chose those 3 states is to give more reasoning in naming the division, they all border the pacific ocean, thats why I did not include arizona... also I put in the factor that arizona could help out rock mt. population.

Rocky mountain division is so large in area cause hardly anyone lives in those areas.. you can drive forever in those states without seeing anything.. and in order to get a good amount of population accumulated I had to combine all of those states. reason why naming it rock mt. is well the rockies are there for you ppl that do not know geography.
the reason why i made the border the montana, colorado, wyoming border is well its a very defined border and it looks the best.

the gulf division the same way.. simliar to the pacific.., all those states border the gulf of mexico, and texas's population is 25 million a very large amount like california.

the reason why i split the atlantic coast in half is because it is such a long populated coast, I made the border between them at penn state and NJ cause their basiaclly the most well defined bordered states of the east coast and by creating the border there the south atlantic had a decent population in their favor.

Now to the Midwest and mideast.. normally they are both called the midwest.. but that whole area is just massive if you had all of that one huge division and the population would over power the pacific and north atlantic, being that those to division have the 2 largest cities in the country its kinna hard for them not to have such a huge population. but for what I did for the midwest was split it in half inbetween Illinois and indiana. Why there, well... because lake michigan makes a defined point where the border between them starts.. By doing that then mideast has a largely populated ohio and midwest has its largely populated Illinois.. which makes things a little even.

Now to smokey Mt. division .. why did I make that.. I know it doesnt look like it makes much sense.. but reason why is. Well tennesse and kentucky and West VA. If they were all in south atlantic then SA would be huge. and to me it didnt make sense for Oklahoma and arkansas to be in midwest cause its not literally in the midwest .. Nor to be in the gulf cause they do not border the gulf. So I decided to join them together and call it smokey mountains cause thats the closest geographic name I think would match.

now you must be sayin well smokey mountains is the smallest so that doesnt work.. but We have the rest of the world to come into play.. so japan, europe, UK, and canada and all w.e countries there are that arent apart of U.S. would be thrown into smoky mt.

oh and alaska is pacific.. I mean hardly anyone lives there.

Now thats 8 divisions, now if you wanted to apply this to majors.. and lets say one region didnt have a huge turnout. Just look at your turnouts on divisions.. and find what divisions you can combine to still make even pools and good numbers..

I think this system could work well but thats all my opinion.

Pool 26:
Justin Wong
FloE
Chris G
Biker Jesus
JT Circus
Oh my god...

That has got to be the most ridiculous/hype pool I've ever seen. All those players are crazy good. It's gonna be tough for Justin Wong to get past this lol.

I'm rooting for REO, Konqrr, Tom and Sektroll!

Rantè Inferno

Thought u were a warrior?
Hey guys I'm new to TYM, (this is actually my first post haha). But I have a slight problem. I'll also be competiting at Evo, but I don't have a ps2/ps3 converter. I am in pool 20 Station 26 Friday at 12pm. If there's anyone who is nice enough and willing to let me borrow/rent there's I'll greatly appreciate it!!

STORMS

Co-founder
Founder
Premium Supporter
Hey guys I'm new to TYM, (this is actually my first post haha). But I have a slight problem. I'll also be competiting at Evo, but I don't have a ps2/ps3 converter. I am in pool 20 Station 26 Friday at 12pm. If there's anyone who is nice enough and willing to let me borrow/rent there's I'll greatly appreciate it!!
Can anyone help with this?

I'm bringing a converter. So if you need it just look for me on friday. I'm a really tall white dude. So yeah. I wouldn't mind letting you borrow it. :7up:

my pool plays at 12. oh and send me a pm for my number if you somehow fail to find me. :)