What's new

EVO 2024 Discussion and Reactions Thread

Felipe_Gewehr

Twinktile
So far there is still a decent number of Khameleons, so maybe she will get nerfed again (which sucks IMO but oh well). Not nearly as many homelanders and johnnys so far. Zero peacemakers - which is good news lolol.

In short, I've seen: Johnny, Homelander, Ashrah, Baraka, Quan chi, Tanya, Shao, Kitana, Kenshi and a single Reptile/Sub-zero/Ermac. Surprised there are no Rains/Sindels/Smokes

CrimsonShadow

Administrator and Community Engineer
Administrator
What happened? Watching SF6. Another bad coaching session lol?
Did Knippz do something again i haven't been able to watch the stream today
Gambler was playing Scorpionprocs to advance to Top 24 Winners, was up 2-1, Procs tied it at 2-2. In the middle of the first round of the final game, Gambler’s controller suddenly stopped working completely.

It took like 2 minutes to get sorted out, and he had to give the round to Scorpionprocs. Then in the next round it came down to last hit, he threw and Procs teched, then Procs threw and Gambler got thrown on like frame 1 of an attack and couldn’t tech, so he lost the set.

Totally crazy after what happened at Combo Breaker.

Mikemetroid

Who hired this guy, WTF?
So far there is still a decent number of Khameleons, so maybe she will get nerfed again (which sucks IMO but oh well). Not nearly as many homelanders and johnnys so far. Zero peacemakers - which is good news lolol.

In short, I've seen: Johnny, Homelander, Ashrah, Baraka, Quan chi, Tanya, Shao, Kitana, Kenshi and a single Reptile/Sub-zero/Ermac. Surprised there are no Rains/Sindels/Smokes
My pool had two smokes and an omni man. I fought 2 Johnny's(2x Ws), Ashrah(W) Ermac(L), Li Mei(L), and Omni Man(W). pretty varied.

I used Stryker for my first few matches then switched to Shujinko at higher matches, including against chocolate.

I did alright :cool: 4-2 gg

and I hit dis:

The Hex Man

Dojo Trainee
My pool had two smokes and an omni man. I fought 2 Johnny's(2x Ws), Ashrah(W) Ermac(L), Li Mei(L), and Omni Man(W). pretty varied.

I used Stryker for my first few matches then switched to Shujinko at higher matches, including against chocolate.

and I hit dis:
Ayoooooo congratulations Man. You did good

Felipe_Gewehr

Twinktile

and I hit dis:
Great news, the cast seems pretty diverse even in a major tournament! Also, congrats man! I saw the set they were streaming you vs Ermac and it was a nail bitter at times

Jynks

some heroes are born, some made, some wondrous
Has anyone posted the stream locations and times for the mk stuff?

wsj515

This is my billionth life cycle.

I'll keep saying it - I really think the community overrates Rain especially after the Janet nerfs.

wsj515

This is my billionth life cycle.

and I hit dis:
This set was crazy, Beyondtoxin was somehow reading the future and just had an answer to anything you did on offense.

Mikemetroid

Who hired this guy, WTF?
This set was crazy, Beyondtoxin was somehow reading the future and just had an answer to anything you did on offense.
It was two main things

1: I couldn't for the life of me tech any of the throws that he did, I was trying but yeah kept gettin cooked on throws. It doesn't help that ermacs standing 1 looks like his throw.
2: I forgot what the throw button was myself, missing out on a lot of momentum. I just had played someone in pools that was making regret throwin.

CrimsonShadow

Administrator
Nicolas' defense is crazy.. Rewind was throwing the kitchen sink of different timings and shimmies at him, and he had an answer for all of it.

CrimsonShadow

Administrator
So Top 6 is Scorpion, Shao, Baraka, Ashrah, and two Homelanders. If we extend that to Top 8 we'd be adding Li Mei/Kitana/Reiko and Kenshi.

rifraf

Dojo Trainee
Eventhubs has also documented Mortal Kombat 1's top 32 character usage. Click here.

All of a sudden, there is no Peacemaker after Final Kombat.

I thought you fools said that the character was still very good. LOL.
Peacemaker was butchered and died for Khameleon fan lift, Kano ball, Goro punch, and Stryker nades to live.

#NeverForget