What's new

EVO 2018 Lineup Announced

ChatterBox

Searching for an alt.
If you're a marvel fan these days and it's because of marvel 2, in which case you probably disliked umvc3 and mvci so you play skullgirls now

if it was because of marvel 3 you probably dislike mvci so you play dbzf now

if you liked the fan service of characters and graphical presentation of characters you probably disliked mvci and play dbzf or inj2 now

if you just liked the speed and insanity and execution of the marvel games you probably play anime games now

I just think there's way better options across the fgc for marvel fans and that mvci also sucks. I can't imagine why anyone played it for more than a month.

HellblazerHawkman

Confused Thanagarian
If you're a marvel fan these days and it's because of marvel 2, in which case you probably disliked umvc3 and mvci so you play skullgirls now

if it was because of marvel 3 you probably dislike mvci so you play dbzf now

if you liked the fan service of characters and graphical presentation of characters you probably disliked mvci and play dbzf or inj2 now

if you just liked the speed and insanity and execution of the marvel games you probably play anime games now

I just think there's way better options across the fgc for marvel fans and that mvci also sucks. I can't imagine why anyone played it for more than a month.
It's also worth noting the effect of the casual market. DBZF has a bunch of stuff to draw in casuals (story mode, arcade, customizable options, sells 2 million in its first week. Marvel had a short story mode and a roster casuals didn't care about because the game graphically looks kind of lame (which I entirely blame Disney for) and isn't doing as hot. Casuals help keep the game alive so the FGC will want to play it. It's why Smash is so successful, because despite the fact a lot of the FGC as a whole hates the Smash community, casuals love it.

CrimsonShadow

Administrator and Community Engineer
Administrator
For sure, I wouldn't be shocked if things picked up once we start getting more majors. But what I was getting at is that the MK content we've been putting up has consistently gotten much more attention/interaction than the Injustice stuff. To be fair though, I've only been paying attention to that stuff for a month, it very well may just be how it has always been
Yeah, for sure; Mortal Kombat will always get more eyeballs (especially among more casual players), because the brand is so strong, and goes back so many years now :cool:

Jynks

some heroes are born, some made, some wondrous
It's also worth noting the effect of the casual market. DBZF has a bunch of stuff to draw in casuals (story mode, arcade, customizable options, sells 2 million in its first week. Marvel had a short story mode and a roster casuals didn't care about because the game graphically looks kind of lame (which I entirely blame Disney for) and isn't doing as hot. Casuals help keep the game alive so the FGC will want to play it. It's why Smash is so successful, because despite the fact a lot of the FGC as a whole hates the Smash community, casuals love it.
it is not just casuals though. NRS kinda blazed this trail.. but story mode is needed. SFV got crucified for not having a story mode, even though the entire focus was supposed to be eSports.

Havign a story mode and all that is 100% expected and normal. I doubt you will ever really see games without it any more.