What's new

Evo 2018 Batman Matchup Chart

Crusty

Retired forever; don’t ask for games.
Yeah, I can see RH vs BM as even. I still think RH has the edge, if only slightly.

SonicNinja3532

The Wannabe Prodigy
Well of course intelligence matters, but what you're saying makes no sense. Someone making a read on a throw means absolutely nothing matchup wise or character viability wise which is the topic here. Of course anybody can win even in a bad matchup, but the fact still remains that the person at the disadvantage has to work so much harder than the other person.

E

Eldriken

Yeah, I can see RH vs BM as even. I still think RH has the edge, if only slightly.
Of course he has the edge. He's the biggest edge lord in the game.

"BEEN DEAD, DONE THAT!" HUUUUE.

King, why do you feel the Darkseid MU is even? I'm not trying to say I feel Darkseid loses it, but I just don't really know what his options are for the MU. I definitely haven't played it enough.

Cashual

PSN: Cansuela
@zabugi

Dude I already acknowledged skill trumps character, and that’s obvious to everyone. But character matters and it’s ridiculous t suggest otherwise. It’s honestly a dumb argument.

And your example isn’t illustrative. I nor anyone is claiming that it’s impossible to win an unfavorable matchup. People overcome bad matchups all the time for a variety of reasons. The point is that fighting games are by nature “unbalanced” in that character design and tools heavily influence the ceiling of a character.

If you have two characters and they both are zoners let’s say. If one of them has a projectile that is 2 frames faster, does 2 % more damage and hits mid, where the other’s is a high, one projectile is objectively better. If that same character also has a 6f d1 with good range that is safe on block and is a low, and the other zoner has a 7f d1 that’s a little stubby and it’s more negative, you’re starting to paint a picture where zoner 1 is simply better as a character with better tools which will lead to doing better in matchups. A good player is a good player, but they’re going to do better overall with that better zoner.

I can’t believe you or anyone could end up at this site and honestly believe that character choice doesn’t matter as far as success. If you constantly option select bad play and execution as being held back by a character you’re a scrub, no doubt, but it’s just the nature of fighting games that some characters are better than others and that some characters fare better in different matchups.

Skedar70

Noob
Batman is op. Nerfs have done nothing to him he still has a bat out all The time still has tons of meter all The time. He has more tools In his arsenal than any other character In The game.

SonicNinja3532

The Wannabe Prodigy
If his F3 doesn't crossup randomly con Catwoman, do you think Cat might be a bad matchup for Bat?
I don't think so. He has all the tools to deal with her irregardless of that, he can deal with her j2 reliably, she still has to approach him which he can make difficult, and trait helps a lot in the neutral

zabugi

The only Real Master
@zabugi

Dude I already acknowledged skill trumps character, and that’s obvious to everyone. But character matters and it’s ridiculous t suggest otherwise. It’s honestly a dumb argument.

And your example isn’t illustrative. I nor anyone is claiming that it’s impossible to win an unfavorable matchup. People overcome bad matchups all the time for a variety of reasons. The point is that fighting games are by nature “unbalanced” in that character design and tools heavily influence the ceiling of a character.

If you have two characters and they both are zoners let’s say. If one of them has a projectile that is 2 frames faster, does 2 % more damage and hits mid, where the other’s is a high, one projectile is objectively better. If that same character also has a 6f d1 with good range that is safe on block and is a low, and the other zoner has a 7f d1 that’s a little stubby and it’s more negative, you’re starting to paint a picture where zoner 1 is simply better as a character with better tools which will lead to doing better in matchups. A good player is a good player, but they’re going to do better overall with that better zoner.

I can’t believe you or anyone could end up at this site and honestly believe that character choice doesn’t matter as far as success. If you constantly option select bad play and execution as being held back by a character you’re a scrub, no doubt, but it’s just the nature of fighting games that some characters are better than others and that some characters fare better in different matchups.
I get it. But still skill set matters. I was watching war of the gods and I realized that current, it's the best tournament gameplay gameplay wise, execution wise, etc etv that is currently hosted anywhere, but u don't see those characters that are actually winning in war of the gods in actual majors. Care to tell me why?

Cashual

PSN: Cansuela
I get it. But still skill set matters. I was watching war of the gods and I realized that current, it's the best tournament gameplay gameplay wise, execution wise, etc etv that is currently hosted anywhere, but u don't see those characters that are actually winning in war of the gods in actual majors. Care to tell me why?
What characters are you referring to, and how does that relate to the topic of our disagreement? I’d argue that this weekend’s EVO too 8 was the highest level gameplay to date at any event for Injustice 2, or very close.

And again, skills of the player(s) is the single most important factor in a given match, hands down. I would never argue otherwise, and I don’t think many would.

The whole concept of tier lists and good characters and bad characters is built around the idea of match ups with the rest of the cast. So, good and bad is completely relative to the other characters in the game, and it’s determined by how many winning, even, and losing matchups the character has against the cast.

These matchup numbers are determined by assuming that each character is played at the very highest level, so these tier lists exist outside of considering individual player skill. You can think of it as cloning Sonic Fox and having him play himself with 2 differenr characters and averaging out the probability of which character wins how many games in a long set.

So for the majority of casual, mid and let’s say low level competitive players, tier lists just aren’t all that important because the players aren’t playing optimally, haven’t grinded/learned matchups, and don’t know how to best approach matchups.

The conversation only applies to players at the highest level, playing optimally. With that understanding, and talking about that level of player here, there’s absolutely good and bad characters, it’s undeniable. You can even have a bad character who happens to have a favorable matchup against a top tier character and so that bad character has utility as a counter pick. Doesn’t mean that that bad character doesn’t lose most other matchups in the game though, so overall, the character is bad.

I guess I don’t get at all what you’re arguing exactly. Like, the characters have so many differences between them be it walk/dash speed, frame data, overhead and lows, command grabs, range of normals, effective ranges, damage potential, meterbuild and meter dependence, traits, etc. that it’s only natural that some characters simply have better tools leading to more favorable matchups.

Take prepatch Alien and compare him to....I don’t know....master of storms Raiden. Is it not obvious that Alien was a much much better character?

zabugi

The only Real Master
What characters are you referring to, and how does that relate to the topic of our disagreement? I’d argue that this weekend’s EVO too 8 was the highest level gameplay to date at any event for Injustice 2, or very close.

And again, skills of the player(s) is the single most important factor in a given match, hands down. I would never argue otherwise, and I don’t think many would.

The whole concept of tier lists and good characters and bad characters is built around the idea of match ups with the rest of the cast. So, good and bad is completely relative to the other characters in the game, and it’s determined by how many winning, even, and losing matchups the character has against the cast.

These matchup numbers are determined by assuming that each character is played at the very highest level, so these tier lists exist outside of considering individual player skill. You can think of it as cloning Sonic Fox and having him play himself with 2 differenr characters and averaging out the probability of which character wins how many games in a long set.

So for the majority of casual, mid and let’s say low level competitive players, tier lists just aren’t all that important because the players aren’t playing optimally, haven’t grinded/learned matchups, and don’t know how to best approach matchups.

The conversation only applies to players at the highest level, playing optimally. With that understanding, and talking about that level of player here, there’s absolutely good and bad characters, it’s undeniable. You can even have a bad character who happens to have a favorable matchup against a top tier character and so that bad character has utility as a counter pick. Doesn’t mean that that bad character doesn’t lose most other matchups in the game though, so overall, the character is bad.

I guess I don’t get at all what you’re arguing exactly. Like, the characters have so many differences between them be it walk/dash speed, frame data, overhead and lows, command grabs, range of normals, effective ranges, damage potential, meterbuild and meter dependence, traits, etc. that it’s only natural that some characters simply have better tools leading to more favorable matchups.

Take prepatch Alien and compare him to....I don’t know....master of storms Raiden. Is it not obvious that Alien was a much much better character?
Enough said. "prayer hands"

Rude

You will serve me in The Netherrealm
Can you explain the best way to fight the Atom? I find a lot of strings get low profiled by crouch and d1 and if he's crouching sometimes he'll low profile f3.

How should you fight him?