What's new

EVO 2017 Updates, Reactions and Hype Thread!

wsj515

This is my billionth life cycle.
God, reading through this thread was anti-hype. People always manage to find something to complain about, despite how awesome the tournament was. Wouldn't you all rather be hype than busy complaining? It's a simple state of mind, and if you can't get over it, why post it here where people are actually enjoying it even if you aren't?

Kooron Nation

More Ass and Tits for MK11
Kooron Nation, with the black mage in your avatar, what are your thoughts on Matsuda competing in the tourney?
"The Black Mage"?!?! His name is Vivi!
Man it was so hype seeing him having fun, but his opponent was lame (BlindDucky), don't think he even knew who Matsuda was, and seemed pretty rude about it too.
Did he compete in any other games?

SPECTRELIGHT

F, D, F + HP
"The Black Mage"?!?! His name is Vivi!
Man it was so hype seeing him having fun, but his opponent was lame (BlindDucky), don't think he even knew who Matsuda was, and seemed pretty rude about it too.
Did he compete in any other games?
That was one of the black mages in FF9.
The first final fantasy had a black mage, as seen here:
http://finalfantasy.wikia.com/wiki/File:Blackmage-ff1-nes.png
No worries. Thought that if I said Vivi, you'd say that it was an original FF black mage, hehehe

I don't think Blind Ducky knew or he'd at least have smiled after the match, I would think.
Pretty kool. I don't know if Matsuda played/competed in any other games. Must be a DC comics fan.

Did they say anything about the lack of Starfire trailer?

Kooron Nation

More Ass and Tits for MK11
That was one of the black mages in FF9.
The first final fantasy had a black mage, as seen here:
http://finalfantasy.wikia.com/wiki/File:Blackmage-ff1-nes.png
No worries. Thought that if I said Vivi, you'd say that it was an original FF black mage, hehehe

I don't think Blind Ducky knew or he'd at least have smiled after the match, I would think.
Pretty kool. I don't know if Matsuda played/competed in any other games. Must be a DC comics fan.

Did they say anything about the lack of Starfire trailer?
He was having so much fun, but maybe he's looking at the scene trying to get info for Dissidia, but not really sure you could call that a fighting game? I'm not sure.

I wish I was his opponent, I would've been fangirling so hard lul.

Yeah I know what you mean, but Vivi is THE Black Mage, the best of the best

Icy Black Deep

Still training...
Why? He did way better with Flash. He never should have gone to the mirror in the first place, though I understand why he did.
I'm not an expert on the matchup, but based on their winner's finals match trying to run it back with Flash did not seem like a winning strategy. He could have thought about the match and changed his approach, but it seems a stretch. (If the matches get posted it would be interesting to rewatch with an eye towards this.)

On the other hand while he lost the Aquaman mirrors it was down to the wire both matches.

coolwhip

Noob
Slayer got 9th- Lost to Hayatei and Semij
Whiteboi got 25th- Lost to 2EZ and Semij
REO got 33rd- Lost to Sonicfox and HomeLee
King got 49th- Lost to Honeybee and Crusty
Wait, isn't Homelee's arm in a cast? There was an accident involving glass and he was injured. How on earth did he manage this? If he still hasn't recovered this is nothing short of amazing and deserves more attention.

@HomeLee1121

ABACABB

End Of Humanity
how pig did ? all I saw of him is his match in pools that he won 3-0

also I did not sawy anything @ biohazard and illusions

Pig Of The Hut

Day 0 Phenomenal Dr. Fate and Darkseid player
how pig did ? all I saw of him is his match in pools that he won 3-0

also I did not sawy anything @ biohazard and illusions
Got 33rd

Was up on honeybee 2-0 and 5% health left and choked, lost 3-2 only to see him get 2nd at EVO.

Then was up on crusty 2-0, after he beat forever king 3-0 and choked and lost 3-2

Worst way to end tournament career as a choke artist but whatever

ABACABB

End Of Humanity
Got 33rd

Was up on honeybee 2-0 and 5% health left and choked, lost 3-2 only to see him get 2nd at EVO.

Then was up on crusty 2-0, after he beat forever king 3-0 and choked and lost 3-2

Worst way to end tournament career as a choke artist but whatever
Hey man no shame in losing to guy who almost won whole thing :D Same with other guy if he won 3-0 over king he must be very good . 33 place in 900 (or smth like that ) man tourney , id say its pretty good . Look at it this way , many top players placed worse than 33 .

Pig Of The Hut

Day 0 Phenomenal Dr. Fate and Darkseid player
Hey man no shame in losing to guy who almost won whole thing :D Same with other guy if he won 3-0 over king he must be very good . 33 place in 900 (or smth like that ) man tourney , id say its pretty good . Look at it this way , many top players placed worse than 33 .
While I appreciate your response and comments I have a seriously hard time being ok w how things panned out. Choking away like that is worse than losing 3-0. I'm not into being mediocre. There was a time I never lost like that also haven't had a successful moment since 2015, I'm not counting the ESL day 0 thing.

SPECTRELIGHT

F, D, F + HP
Is it blasphemy to talk about Mahvel Top 8 here? I'm just hoping Chris G doesn't win.
Really cute that husband and wife are commentating together! I love her commentary. I was NOT a fan of Cujo Kate but Persia knows her stuff and has a very lovely voice.