What's new

EVO 2017 Updates, Reactions and Hype Thread!

Tweedy

Noob
All of the Inj. 2 pools and semi finals are being streamed. Not sure where you read otherwise.

He can die slow or die quick...
Um there were a lot of off stream matches just now. Buffalo's pool had upsets that weren't on strema, xian/djt wasn't on stream, none of omegak matches. The conclusion of Toxin's pool, etc. Basically all of Iluusions pool and the list goes on.

Do you know how many matches "semis" will consist of? There will be too many juicy matches to fit on stream in between 10am and 5:30pm or whatever. We'll miss at least half of them.

Edit: I know this is normal but i'm just letting you guys know to expect more than usual, with finals being at 6pm on Saturday.

Zoidberg747

My blades will find your heart
Um there were a lot of off stream matches just now. Buffalo's pool had upsets that weren't on strema, xian/djt wasn't on stream, none of omegak matches. The conclusion of Toxin's pool, etc. Basically all of Iluusions pool and the list goes on.

Do you know how many matches "semis" will consist of? There will be too many juicy matches to fit on stream in between 10am and 5:30pm or whatever. We'll miss at least half of them.

Edit: I know this is normal but i'm just letting you guys know to expect more than usual, with finals being at 6pm on Saturday.
I thought you meant they straight up weren't going to stream before finals. My bad.

This is just the nature of EVO. There's so many things going on that having dedicated stream runners aren't always possible. Plus a lot of these pools matches will be blowups either way.

Observations from a first timer at EVO:

Lack of warm up setups sucked, and me not playing since Wednesday made me nervous.

Trevar is good. UntitledSix is pretty solid too. WA is growing IMO.

4 (that I know of) Doctor Fate players made it out of pools. Pig, Pnut, and Wound won their pools - with Icarus taking the win in losers side.

Also, when people post salty updates on twitter, everyone sees.

Crazy crazy crazy day 1, and I can't wait to see or hear of more upsets and hyoe tomorrow.

Icy Black Deep

Still training...
The brackets appear to be updated with all the results, though it's not convenient to dig through all the pools.
https://smash.gg/tournament/evo-2017/events/injustice-2/brackets?filter={"phaseId":109817}
For a summary though the "Round 2" pools are getting filled in [with everyone who makes it out] as the "Round 1" pools finish
https://smash.gg/tournament/evo-2017/events/injustice-2/brackets?filter={"phaseId":140152}
(I don't know how real-time any updates are, but the results from day 1 are probably all there.)

Zionix

AKA Ponkster
Cheetah is the #1 character in the game when you don't know how to fight her. DJT didn't, to the point that he didn't punish pounce, and boom upset boys.

My boy Han Rashid has still not made it out of a pool at a major feelsbadman.

Who won Buffalo's pool?

There's gonna be so much off stream tomorrow with Inj 2 finals starting at 6pm. We're gonna miss so many good matches unless they're recorded.
Yeah if you don't stop Cheetah from lunging its ggs.

Tweedy

Noob
Anyone have a link for results so far? My phones internet is being weird, but as soon as I can, I am going to search results.

I really want to know how my boy @Krayzie did in Pools.
He lost in round 1 of pools but he made it out. He plays Yungmonster first today in top 128.

He's still in there but he did say "you haven't seen me", when people were saying on twitter that Semiiij is the only great Catwoman. Possible blow up lol.