What's new

Evo 2012: Does Mortal Kombat Have a Chance?

Are you going to try and make it to EVO 2012 to support MK?

• Total voters
K7 has a good attitude.

The majority of Evos have seen at least one of the side games outdraw at least one of the official tournaments. Multiple games did so when Evo had DOA4 and Mario Kart DS, and again when VF5 was in the official lineup. Guilty Gear singles and teams both had more players than Tekken in 08, and I think Blazblue may have had more than at least one of the official games in 09. No reason MK9 couldn't do the same if it had to!

That said, I'm not comfortable with acting like this is out of our hands; we DO have a say in whether or not MK9 will stay. I keep trying to make the point that it's on us to go to majors and show the Cannons and Wiz why MK9 deserves a spot again!

STORMS

Co-founder
Founder
Premium Supporter
NEC is a prime time for the MK community to shine on the East Coast... worry about MK being at Evo by continuing to get off your ass and come out and support the game.

The game dies when the community no longer stands behind it, remember that. And if you can't make it to NEC if you're on west or middle-east... support the tournaments near you.

RWDY Nori

Where is crossplay?
I don't even care if it's featured or not. I'm going and I'm sure people will bring MK9 setups. FYI, we need to find a way to get Foxxy Grandpa here to do a FT5 w/CD Jr. I want to see Europe's top 5 vs our top 5, should be pretty fucking hype

STORMS

Co-founder
Founder
Premium Supporter
I don't even care if it's featured or not. I'm going and I'm sure people will bring MK9 setups. FYI, we need to find a way to get Foxxy Grandpa here to do a FT5 w/CD Jr. I want to see Europe's top 5 vs our top 5, should be pretty fucking hype
I have been thinking about this...

I want Mustard, Ketchup, F0xy, FGA Mono, ETC McFly... they all need to go... :(

STORMS

Co-founder
Founder
Premium Supporter
When was it announced for and how much money am I looking at?
Mind you, we will more than likely be willing to run donations drives THROUGH TYM to help get you guys there.

HOWEVER, it will not be until early next year that they announce what games will be there so in the meantime, we just have to continue supporting MK9 as we are but 100%... we cannot let up. Fuck the haters and the stream monsters.... they can remain typing in the stream chat while we're all at the tournament supporting our game.

Evo 2012 will be July 6-8

Juggs

Lose without excuses
Lead Moderator
Premium Supporter
It honestly depends on a few things. The major and most obvious is if it's still going to be MK9. Which, I assume this thread is implying "MK" not just MK9, but UMK9 or MK10, etc.

It depends on the state of the game. If there's still a lot of glitches/bugs that affect competitive play, then I can see that holding it back. No game is without bugs, but in MK, most bugs really change the game in a bad way.

It depends on the community. If players are still traveling, going to locals, and putting up solid numbers at tournament's... I don't see how EVO can ignore MK and give it the shaft. When enough members of a community are dedicated to attending tournaments, that usually isn't gone unnoticed.

I personally feel that MK will be at EVO 2012. With how well MK9 has been doing since it's release, how well it was received at EVO, and how well it's still doing... I can't see it not being there.

Altaire

Noob
If MK is there, I'll be going. I am planning WELL in advance for that. I don't even care how far I make it, I just want to go because it's going to be so fucking hype and I don't want to miss it.

STORMS

Co-founder
Founder
Premium Supporter
the day they announce MK being at Evo 2012 I'm telling my wife. "Guess what?"

:D

SwiftTomHanks

missiles are coming
I kind of have the attitude of "one tournament at a time". We all keep going to locals and majors, it'll be at EVO again. The rate we're pushing the game now, we're in good shape.

Cya dorks at EVO.

mk9 is going to have a lot of competition with not a lot of spots open. capcom will have 3 games there and ttt2 will be there. so its really only 1 or 2 spots left for 3 or 4 games. but mk9 should be there.

TTT2 won't be out on console in time for Evo. SC5 has a really good chance of making it in, though.

I could actually see SFxT being problematic for tournament directors thanks to the gems. I also hear through the grapevine that top players and Evo staffers are completely trashing the game already, and it's inspired the biggest backlash on SRK of any fighting game since Capcom Fighting Jam. I don't think you can automatically assume it's in at this point, but you should still bet on it imo

If MK9 is there, hell fucking yes I am going. I'll walk there if I have to.

I really hope MK is there. It will be such a disappointment if it's not, but oh well. Shit happens, life goes on.

JacopeX

Playing: Injustice, Persona, Blazblue, and MK
Evo will be July 6-8.

My birthday is July 7...I'm there.

Still in the road to becoming Gdlk. :p

People act like they've never seen an imperfect fighting game before. If MK isn't there, either the fighting game community is in real trouble, or they just need to call it CAPCOM 2012.

Zoidberg747

My blades will find your heart
If my basketball season is over, and I have even a ONE percent chance of getting there, I will do my best to make it. But im pretty sure our final basketball tournament is then, so I will be in Orlando. But if not, who knows.