What's new

Evil Ryu and Oni Akuma Available as Playable Characters on SSFIV:AE

AREZ God of War

The Crazy BeastMaster
Looks pretty cool, but I dont see massive differences from their original forms. Is this the same as Shin-Akuma or a completely new incarnation?

Juggs

Lose without excuses
Lead Moderator
Premium Supporter
I think I've asked this before, but is AE going to be DLC for SSF4 on consoles?

Solo

Shadow Priest
EVIL RYU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

THTB

Arez | Booya | Riu48 - Rest Easy, Friends
Juggs, it's very likely. That photo leak of the XBL achievements for Oni and E.Ryu was confirmed by them even existing. They will be on console.

Arez, they are very different. Still shotos, but they have varying advantages and disadvantages. E.Ryu hits extremely hard and has quite a few differences, but doesn't take hits very well at all. More or less, he's a much riskier version of Ryu that gets rewarded well. Oni is nothing like Akuma. He's an entirely different character. Does he have some shoto moves? Yeah. But he cannot be compared to anyone. If anything, you'd be more correct comparing him to Gouken, but that is also a stretch.

They're both characters who will have different perks. You want to be able to beat the fuck out of your opponents with every damn hit? E.Ryu. Want something entirely new? Oni.

RoGE

Noob
wait how is this possible? Did they just update the cabinets with another revision MK style?

Juggs

Lose without excuses
Lead Moderator
Premium Supporter
Originally posted here: http://iplaywinner.com/news/2011/1/22/exclusive-oni-akuma-and-evil-ryu-media-move-sets-impressions.html

ONI AKUMA

- Seems like he has normal or slightly less than average vitality, Zangief's full ultra 1 does 55% dmg from full health

- Far standing MP and HP cancellable into specials, combos into QCF+LK

- f+FP can stop 1 hit fireballs during it's active frames.

- LP -> far HP cancelable

- st.HK or F+MK Kara cancel to throw, slightly shorter range than Ken's Kara throw

- cr.HK slower and more recovery than Akuma, doesn't combo from LK Tatsu

- QCF+P; Fireball that travels about 75% of screen, then disappears. Can be held like Gouken's, then it does 2 hits and goes full screen. EX acts like a fast 2 hit fireball, can be combo'd from c.MK

- HCB+P; Electric fireball, has same properties as Akuma's HCB+P fireball. EX is faster, more damage?

- DP+P; Standard Akuma DP. Close standing 3 hits, FADC is best on the 2nd hit.

- QCF+K; Rushing spinning punch; Cannot combo after knockdown in corner?
LK - Automatically does attack, no dash. No knockdown, Only combos from clHP
MK - Quarter screen dash, then performs attack. Knocks down
HK - Half screen dash, then attacks. Crosses through opponent up close
EX - Goes through fireballs, HK distance, knocks down.

- QCB+K; Hurricane kick identical to Akuma's. Knocks opponent farther away, cannot DP or trip follow ups

- DP+K; Jumping attack, hits high, large hitbox. EX version counts as overhead.

- j.QCB+P; LP air dashes forward, MP performs downward attack, HP air dashes backward. Air dashes have minimum height and perform damaging attack on startup frames. No follow up attacks available.

- Ultra 1; Standard fireball ultra, does good damage.

- Ultra 2 HCFx2 PPP; Full animation deals 50% dmg t Zangief at full health. Non-animation deals 20% to full health Zangief and works as anti-air. Invincibility?

EVIL RYU

- Seems like he has less life than Oni, but unsure.

- far MP cancel into fireball
- far HP no cancel, like akuma's

- f+MK goes over lows, moves forward a bunch.

- standing FP kara throw, good distance

- Akuma's j.down+MK dive kick at top of jump
- f+MP : akuma's chop

- QCF+P ; normal fireball like Ryu
- HCB+P ; akuma fireball
- QCF+K ; Cool axe kick onto opponents head, only overheads on EX, relatively safe.

- DP+3P ; Teleport is just like akuma's

- Ultra 1 ; Just like Ryu's Ultra 1

- Ultra 2 ; Uppercut super Akuma used to have, has cinematic if you get the first hit, otherwise does okay damage.

- DP -> FADC -> Fireball ultra works

- EX Upper travels far forward, like Ken's FP Upper

- c.MK -> QCF+LK does good damage, can't combo after FADC

Juggs, it's very likely. That photo leak of the XBL achievements for Oni and E.Ryu was confirmed by them even existing. They will be on console.
Hopefully it will be less than $25 for AE. Any more and I won't be getting it. I hardly play SSF4 as it is, just too boring and annoying of a game.

THTB

Broken? Idk. I can't see it.

According to redrapper, the differences don't make normal Ryu obselete whatsoever. He's just a different character. He does not have Akuma's air tatsu, does not have his demon flip, does not have an air fireball, though his walk speed and jump are crack status. As red put it, "He's all about risk vs reward."

Also, it's never highlighted that E.Ryu's EX fireball doesn't knockdown like Ryu's.

Another Oni note...his Ultra 1 is safe on block from point blank with back in corner by at least Yun's Ultra 2.

And...LOLWUT???

so let me see now i have my favorite character with

faster jump in
better dash
faster walk speed
a good kara throw like ken
akuma's teleport
akuma's red fire ball

i think capcom was thinking about me when they make evil ryu lol i 'll like him even if he die fast like seth

THTB

SOOOO...Capcom is now claiming copyright infringement and banning accounts with the vids. Capcom has zero idea how to keep a secret and their PR is absolutely terrible.

Tim Static

Adminerator
SOOOO...Capcom is now claiming copyright infringement and banning accounts with the vids. Capcom has zero idea how to keep a secret and their PR is absolutely terrible.
lmao wow

Capcom cant keep secrets and NRS doesnt know who to release info.

awesome for us.