What's new

Everyone saying Blue Beetle is trash, but...

Espio

Kokomo
I think he's fine would be nice if his only advancing mid was either not stupid unsafe or cancellable into shield bash.
I mean it is, just forward 2 shield bash. The whole string doesn't really need to be to get the job done of a footsie range check. It would be nice, but it's still very useable without.

Lovely

운명 후원.
I could use alot of BB experience.

From what I can tell the character relies less on damage and more about mobility. He widdles you down while darting in and out with air dashes / occasional zoning. I also think his projectile is really good despite hitting high.

Keep away is definitely his strength and being able to control the pace of the fight. I don't think he's terrible at all but that's just my 2 cents. He may not be top tier but the tools are definitely there.

Jaku2011

Filled with determination
I mean it is, just forward 2 shield bash. The whole string doesn't really need to be to get the job done of a footsie range check. It would be nice, but it's still very useable without.
I mean I know this man, but do you get so much off of f23 to justify full combo punish and it being uncancellable? compared to the better characters no, no you dont

Jaku2011

@Jaku2011
Just do a raw F2 hard knockdown safe reaches very far.
Yes and I do this quite a bit, hell I get it on accident quite a bit trying to do flight cancels but I didnt realize I crossed up it isn't bad at all. Like I said in my post I think he's mostly fine I just dont see the point of how bad f23 is when compared to the Aquamans and Supermans of the world.

@Jaku2011
Just to break down a couple things to compare the two characters you mentioned. I will just list what we have that they do not since you already see what we do not have that they do. Primarily I will agree our damage is lower but with good reason, trust if we got a damage boost Beetle would be an S tier. Right now I firmly believe most are A-C tier right now. I am not saying Beetle is the best character (even though he is), but he has so many tools that most players are not going to be doing 50% of his potential. Whereas, no insult to other players, aquaman and superman takes a lot less work to play at 80% of his potential. So some things to consider below in addition to being fun to play and complexity.

We have over Aquaman
Overhead low mix up to vortex.
A down 3 thats safe and is probably the 3rd longest one and fast.
Flight and all its glory + a projectile as well in the air.
Blade stance BF3 punisher against character like. . . Aquaman.
Hard knock down cross ups that break wake ups.
Standing resets in corner.
Safe meterless wakeup.

We have over Superman
*Overhead low mix up to vortex.
*A down 3 thats safe and is probably the 3rd longest one and fast.
*Flight and all its glory + a projectile as well in the air.
*Blade stance BF3 punisher against character like. . . Aquaman.
*Hard knock down cross ups that break wake ups.
Fast projectile that dominates more than half the cast.
D2 second to maybe Aquaman
Safe meterless wake up.

Jaku2011

@Jaku2011
Just to break down a couple things to compare the two characters you mentioned. I will just list what we have that they do not since you already see what we do not have that they do. Primarily I will agree our damage is lower but with good reason, trust if we got a damage boost Beetle would be an S tier. Right now I firmly believe most are A-C tier right now. I am not saying Beetle is the best character (even though he is), but he has so many tools that most players are not going to be doing 50% of his potential. Whereas, no insult to other players, aquaman and superman takes a lot less work to play at 80% of his potential. So some things to consider below in addition to being fun to play and complexity.

We have over Aquaman
Overhead low mix up to vortex.
A down 3 thats safe and is probably the 3rd longest one and fast.
Flight and all its glory + a projectile as well in the air.
Blade stance BF3 punisher against character like. . . Aquaman.
Hard knock down cross ups that break wake ups.
Standing resets in corner.
Safe meterless wakeup.

We have over Superman
*Overhead low mix up to vortex.
*A down 3 thats safe and is probably the 3rd longest one and fast.
*Flight and all its glory + a projectile as well in the air.
*Blade stance BF3 punisher against character like. . . Aquaman.
*Hard knock down cross ups that break wake ups.
Fast projectile that dominates more than half the cast.
D2 second to maybe Aquaman
Safe meterless wake up.
Damage wasn't my issue it was how unsafe f23 is, the wonkiness of blade stance stuff not being able to convert into df1 at max range is another issue I have now that I think about it. I appreciate the post, although other than flight and the d3 a lot of the cast has this stuff maybe I'm an idiot and I'm not seeing the secret top tier in front of me, time will tell, but I'm gonna stand by what I said until then. I do agree with one thing for sure the complexity of the character makes him really fun

RagingRicans

NetBattles
Trait just needs a safer option and more utility. It's personally weird for me to play neutral with something that is that unsafe. Maybe give trait the ability to fly cancel everything or at least a safe cancel. I hate commiting which makes using f2 in that mode too big of a risk.

G11OST

Noob
I can't help but think that some of his abilities were originally in his move set... just seems more complete

Why are we still talking about F23. . . just use F2 for footsies. F23 is for punish only.

And again @Jaku2011 I can make a list of advantages for the whole cast. Yes other character do have 50/50 etc. but then they don't have a good d2 and so on. I am saying each character has their kit. Blue Beetle has many of the options for the trade off of easy access damage.

Jaku2011

Why are we still talking about F23. . . just use F2 for footsies. F23 is for punish only.

And again @Jaku2011 I can make a list of advantages for the whole cast. Yes other character do have 50/50 etc. but then they don't have a good d2 and so on. I am saying each character has their kit. Blue Beetle has many of the options for the trade off of easy access damage.
It's what I was talking about the whole time? Kinda the whole thing I originally posted about. You people are acting like I said the character was shit garbage or something.

Im liking BB but i do think blade stance needs a tweak or so...

Maybe allow dash to low profile (wishful thinking) or allow it to travel full screen??? Idk. Obviously he does take time to fully master but just from what ive seen so far, blade stance may need help as the meta evolves

ShadyHeart

Relationship with Sonya ended
I believe hover and his aerial projectile are good enough by themselves to make him good. Lots of characters just have no answer to it aside from trying to catch him with meter burn roll and dashing forward. I can see him struggling against characters that can smack his ass out of the air though.