What's new

Everyone relax, take a deep breath... and focus

GamerBlake90

Blue Blurs for Life!
Juggs, I couldn't approve your post more than I already do right now. As much as you and I work hard alongside others to help develop this community, we all need a serious reality check. I feel as if no-one is happy unless someone else is pissed off or miserable over anything that can be stirred up, even disagreements over a game. At times it can get to the point where I feel ashamed to be associated with the FGC, and that is pretty sad.

As a fresh example, I cleaned out the Johnny Cage match-up thread where there were threats of violence being tossed back and forth between two players (I won't name any names, as I don't want this thread to get off-topic), and what followed from a handful of members was disappointment over the fight being forced to come to an end. I could only shake my head in disgust. If you want to be entertained by realistic violence, go watch wrestling or something. It stays out of this forum as per our rules.

I do want to say, though...

First of all, I'm nobody. I'm no more important or "relevant" than anyone else.
I don't ever want to see you type a statement like that again. What makes you think that you are "nobody?" Because you don't play the most current version of the MK franchise? Bullshit. I've said this in my interview with CRUM before MLG Dallas took place, but everyone in this community is a part of something greater, whether their voice is small or powerful, and it doesn't matter what game they play. The only time you stop being a part of it is if you turn around and walk away from the community.

I admit, I haven't known you or the rest of the staff team for a good amount of time since I just joined, but from what I can see, your team values you as both a Lead Moderator and a person and I know we all would be sad to see you having to step out. But do what is best for you. Nobody should ever condemn you for the decision you made, how could they? Life happens. It is good to hear that your father is on his way to recovery and I pray that the road to healing goes well. There is always next year for NEC, and plenty of other tournaments for you to look out for if the desire is still there.

That being said - I'm asking the TYM community, as a whole, to please stop and reconsider our image. Think of how much you're damaging your chances of being a welcoming community to future players. Think of how MK's chances in the tournament scene could get hurt by misconduct such as what we've seen at NEC, to the point where some of our most cherished members were pushed away. We have all done so much and come so far...are you willing to just turn around and throw it away just to be entertained by what you perceive as "hype?"

This may sound harsh, but...stop being selfish and ignorant! Use your heads and your hearts. We're more than just a community, we're a family bound by MK and life itself. I don't want to lose that, and neither should the rest of you. Is all this negativity really worth it? Let's cast it aside and push forward so we can develop for the better.

If the development of our community holds no importance to you, well...there's the door. No-one's stopping you. But I and the other members who know what's up will not just stand by and let any kind of bullshit get out of hand. Even so, we shouldn't have to hold your hands for you to learn to act like an adult. You've had plenty of years to learn how to do that and in the future to come, you're going to need to learn it more than ever...unless you're content with your life not being a fulfilling one.

It comes down to you all as to what is important to you. Do as you will.

/rant over

Goldi

Warrior
I'm glad to hear your father is doing well. It's a pity we didn't get to see each other at NEC, but family should always come first. No exceptions.

I've had a family emergency myself and cleared my calendar for it. You're dealing with enough right now. MK drama will fade out and start back up as always. No sense caring much about it, especially when you've got personal matters to attend to.

I know we want to be here for you though if you ever need support :) And if you need a break, we'll still be arguing MU numbers and tier lists when you get back :)

Juggs

Lose without excuses
Lead Moderator
Premium Supporter
Thanks for all the thoughts and words towards my father and me, it is appreciated. <3