What's new

Every character's respective downplayer

Tweedy

Noob
@PLAYING TO WIN

I don't think Superman or Aquaman are top tier zoners. Saying they're better zoners because they do more damage once they're in doesn't make any sense to me.

Superman's zoning however is pretty underrated by most. He outzones Green Arrow and can be really hard to get in on for characters that naturally get lamed out. I just don't see how he'd be a better zoner than Deadshot or Cyborg tho.

Black Adam fucks on Superman and Aquaman from fullscreen. I guess he doesn't have conventional zoning but he does a lot of damage once they're in so does that make him the best zoner? It just seems like weird logic to me. Anyhow I think you should pick up Superman or Aquaman. They definitely frustrate a lot of characters from fullscreen and do massive damage, but you'll definitely find yourself getting outclassed from fullscreen more often than you do with Deadshot.

I'm not that good at this game but outside of jokes, are there really Swamp Thing downplayers? How low can he be made out to be?

Red Reaper

The Hyrax Whisperer
I'm honored and a realist. A lot of great players used deadshot and can't get it done. His zoning is no where near Zod or sinestro status. Zoning in i 2 is not as good as I 1.
Maybe, but not with Martian and Batgirl around... Injustice 2 doesn't have characters like that around. Supergirl isn't that hard of an anti-zoner in my opinion.

Lex Luthor II

Lord of Lightning
Verily, I say unto thee one cannot downplay a character who's as bad as WoWo. That's like downplaying my dead grandma's arm wrestling abilities.

I'm honored for the mention though <3

CrimsonShadow

Administrator and Community Engineer
Administrator
Verily, I say unto thee one cannot downplay a character who's as bad as WoWo. That's like downplaying my dead grandma's arm wrestling abilities.

I'm honored for the mention though <3
What if various good/top players actually agree that she's not as bad as was previously thought :p

Then you may actually be able to downplay like the rest of us (I know you're excited).

Come, join the family.

EntropicByDesign

It's all so very confusing.
haha ban me for disagreeing but I'm mostly the kind to tell people to stop crying and let the game breath before asking for drastic changes.
The game has had time to breath.. and that breath has started to come in short, rasping gasps because Aqua, Bladam, CW (and Im as close to a CW main as anything), Bats, Deadshot and a couple other are all sitting on it's chest, slowly choking the life out of it.

Shaka

Tier Whore.
The game has had time to breath.. and that breath has started to come in short, rasping gasps because Aqua, Bladam, CW (and Im as close to a CW main as anything), Bats, Deadshot and a couple other are all sitting on it's chest, slowly choking the life out of it.
you're just bad at the game.

Temptress

Edenian Empress
Why do you constantly always feel the need to call everyone scrubs and say that they are bad at the game just because they voice their displeasure with the top tiers? You need to chill dude.
Because he's a self-admitted tier whore who relies on the busted top tiers to win. If he played Canary against Aquaman or Ivy against Black Adam, I highly doubt he'd be calling people scrubs and telling them to "get good".

Crusty

Retired forever; don’t ask for games.
and I was wrong why I keep saying we should way. We don't know all of it yet.
There is a difference between one month of waiting and nearly three come August. We have a better understanding of what these characters are capable of.

As long as there are some changes made that don't affect a characters overall gameplan while getting rid of the absurd stuff, then I'm an advocate for toning the above characters down while giving other characters some help.

Zoidberg747

My blades will find your heart
@PLAYING TO WIN

I don't think Superman or Aquaman are top tier zoners. Saying they're better zoners because they do more damage once they're in doesn't make any sense to me.

Superman's zoning however is pretty underrated by most. He outzones Green Arrow and can be really hard to get in on for characters that naturally get lamed out. I just don't see how he'd be a better zoner than Deadshot or Cyborg tho.

Black Adam fucks on Superman and Aquaman from fullscreen. I guess he doesn't have conventional zoning but he does a lot of damage once they're in so does that make him the best zoner? It just seems like weird logic to me. Anyhow I think you should pick up Superman or Aquaman. They definitely frustrate a lot of characters from fullscreen and do massive damage, but you'll definitely find yourself getting outclassed from fullscreen more often than you do with Deadshot.
Aquaman being a zoner is a huge fucking bill. He can keep people honest at fullscreen but he doesn't compare to Deadshot, Ivy, Fate, etc etc. Supes I could kind of see an argument for but he's still not a traditional zoner.

I remember when P2W said Deadshot is everything he could have hoped for in a character. I mean really, you can't ask for much more in zoning capabilities. He just is stunted in other areas to make up for the crazy zoning.

Shaka

Tier Whore.
There is a difference between one month of waiting and nearly three come August. We have a better understanding of what these characters are capable of.

As long as there are some changes made that don't affect a characters overall gameplan while getting rid of the absurd stuff, then I'm an advocate for toning the above characters down while giving other characters some help.
Yeah but we already know they are nerfing the top tiers next patch, why keep crying about it?

Shaka

Tier Whore.
Why do you constantly always feel the need to call everyone scrubs and say that they are bad at the game just because they voice their displeasure with the top tiers? You need to chill dude.
Bc you scrubs don't get the concept of playing to win.