What's new

eSports!

Juggs

Lose without excuses
Lead Moderator
Premium Supporter

Everytime I hear eSports this song plays in my head. [MENTION=2311]Sabin[/MENTION] [MENTION=2]Tim Static[/MENTION]

Basically people don't read ultradavid's article, assume shit and basically are like "WE ARE THROWING MONEY AT YOU? WHY DON'T YOU WANT IT?!?!"

edit

Btw nice rep VVV gaming. Talk more shit about the FGC about "how we do it in the adult world"

Juggs

Lose without excuses
Lead Moderator
Premium Supporter

Basically people don't read ultradavid's article, assume shit and basically are like "WE ARE THROWING MONEY AT YOU? WHY DON'T YOU WANT IT?!?!"
Damn thanks for posting that. I was looking for a youtube version of this and couldn't find it.

gdf

Noob
OJuggernautO said:
eSports bro, dat money money! aka Daigo's money money.
seemslegit.jpg (I'm too lazy to find, upload, and link the actually image)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y4SFEzYfjiU

edit: Btw nice rep VVV gaming. Talk more shit about the FGC about "how we do it in the adult world"
Ohhhhkay.
I remember reading an article by someone called inkblot, but I don't recall reading another one.
I think it is Ultradavid's article, but I haven't read that one yet, because the is also a mention of Tom repeatedly, therefore I am confused.

If you understood my rambling, could you link me to the article I haven't read yet?

EDIT: Nevermind, I found what I was looking for.

This whole e-sports and FGC is pretty stupid. Its like the leagues/e-sports only see one possible way to succeed and its their way. And that the FGC are "hipsters" and want to stay underground. lol?

O and of course the FGC doesn't deal in the "adult business world".

VVV best sponsors ever.

Sao87

@thedigitaldojo

edit

Btw nice rep VVV gaming. Talk more shit about the FGC about "how we do it in the adult world"
This video prompted my signature.

I am for eSports but its fucks like this guy making that mountain harder to climb.

hardwire

Noob
im still new to the fgc seen but why the hate for esports (the name mostly)

you have to train you have to practice and you have to be fit for the game. (watch fatalitys interview about mind and body in sink)

how is what we do not a sport thats like saying polo is not a sport.

im still new to the fgc seen but why the hate for esports (the name mostly)

you have to train you have to practice and you have to be fit for the game. (watch fatalitys interview about mind and body in sink)

how is what we do not a sport thats like saying polo is not a sport.
esports = extremely high payouts, very good player salaries, more media for events. However only the best players really get any attention or are even invited to some of the events at all. You can't catcall women, curse up a storm, crack race jokes, make side bets, be rowdy, heckle and harass competitors, or cause a scene.

Since the fighting game community would like to keep things like the arcade dropping n-bombs, oggling or trying play game on any woman you see, making side bets on anything possible, talking shit and trying to freak people out, and going nuts if someone wins are all part of the event and just as important as the actual game. Furthermore since fighting games started with "anybody can play anybody just put up your quarter" the concept of invite events, seeds, and tournaments that are not 100% open are a complete anathema to most players.

I don't think anybody objects to more money. But most people are aware that money will probably come at the cost of destroying what the entire FGC has always been about and forcing a massive change in the culture of it in order to become more corporate friendly. While that change might benefit a few select people, it ruins things for a far greater number. So you see a fair amount of push back.

EndofGameBoss

That's about right.
We need esports...more money means more players willing to travel because they would actually be able to cover there traveling costs lol.
WWAD?