What's new

ESPORTS- Mortal Kombat and The Summit of Time Announcement

StormGoddess

Your mind tricks won't harm me!!!
Chris G has been around for awhile. While he dabbles in numerous games, his claim to "fame" is UMVC3. His span of dominance with the team of Morrigan,Doom,Virgil is well documented. He has been a game tester for Nrs -notably for MKX and Injustice 2, i believe. He is a bit controversial on twitter(most notably his rant about Robin Williams and Black girl gamers) and sometimes brings drama.
Just my personal opinion but perhaps he got an invite to court fans of the games that he dominated in. When money is involved (esports) comes politics.

Remember during MKX -K&M weren't chosen to commentate a pro series , but they instead got RIP and Zee?

I'm not sure but Chris G will get easily weeded out 1st and 2nd rounds(at the summit) by natural top level NRS players IMO. As good of a talent that he is, his forte is really capcom particularly marvel and DDR.

CrimsonShadow

Administrator and Community Engineer
Administrator
Chris' pedigree in our games is legit. Maybe a bit outdated, but he has a 3rd place AND a 4th place NRS finish at EVO and a slew of top 8s from both MK9 and Injustice which is more than most of the people saying he's not an NRS player will ever have.

villainous monk

Terrible times breed terrible things, my lord.
Chris' pedigree in our games is legit. Maybe a bit outdated, but he has a 3rd place AND a 4th place NRS finish at EVO and a slew of top 8s from both MK9 and Injustice which is more than most of the people saying he's not an NRS player will ever have.
^^^✓This. Also he's a gamer. He's placed in more top 8's across multiple games in his many years than most NRS players.

The man has and always will be in a league of his on much like Jwong and Sonic. Sad to see what happened over the weekend on Twitter but regardless I like the fact he's show casing his talent to mk11. He brings name recognition. Star power in the form of the FGC. Credible records in multiple games and he known more to the casual audiences from across multiple games.

This summit is about marketing a brand (Mortal Kombat) than a weekend tournament. Summit makes games look excellent and their production is top tier.

JBeezYBabY

Mr. Righteous
^^^✓This. Also he's a gamer. He's placed in more top 8's across multiple games in his many years than most NRS players.

The man has and always will be in a league of his on much like Jwong and Sonic. Sad to see what happened over the weekend on Twitter but regardless I like the fact he's show casing his talent to mk11. He brings name recognition. Star power in the form of the FGC. Credible records in multiple games and he known more to the casual audiences from across multiple games.

This summit is about marketing a brand (Mortal Kombat) than a weekend tournament. Summit makes games look excellent and their production is top tier.
So do you think the whole going back n forth on Twitter is making the scene look bad or is the argument justifiable?

villainous monk

Terrible times breed terrible things, my lord.
So do you think the whole going back n forth on Twitter is making the scene look bad or is the argument justifiable?
It's both.

Tweddy has a good points. Solid even. I understand the entire arguments. But its not a tourny. It's an event collaborated with NRS & Summit. I guess to promote the game. Which is why it's so close to release. It's no different then when a new Bentley is rolled out and they have commercials, star power, events, deal, discount ect. It all marketing. For you and you and you and you too buy.

Nowadays consumers have a voice on all sorts of platforms to say nah or yea to who runs it to who shows up to but their name on it.

In that case it hurts the brand but also brings added attention to it. You see its both. It's looks bad in different points of the argument but it brings added attention to the game.

So does Tweedy help or hurt it right now. From my stand point it helps. But it also hurts if no results from his war comes about for diehard mk fans either!

Regardless of the message he's trying to get across. Hopefully for NRS this would get people who would want to know more give MK11 the chance to be in more hands. So it hindsight it might help.

Plus it helps Tweedy too. It puts his name out there which can only help if it gives him the results he wants. It also hurts with credibility. Who else might have said anything and took it has far has he did. Or continue too.

It's both. I see NRS winning for sales and Tweedy getting his name further there.

JBeezYBabY

Mr. Righteous
It's both.

Tweddy has a good points. Solid even. I understand the entire arguments. But its not a tourny. It's an event collaborated with NRS & Summit. I guess to promote the game. Which is why it's so close to release. It's no different then when a new Bentley is rolled out and they have commercials, star power, events, deal, discount ect. It all marketing. For you and you and you and you too buy.

Nowadays consumers have a voice on all sorts of platforms to say nah or yea to who runs it to who shows up to but their name on it.

In that case it hurts the brand but also brings added attention to it. You see its both. It's looks bad in different points of the argument but it brings added attention to the game.

So does Tweedy help or hurt it right now. From my stand point it helps. But it also hurts if no results from his war comes about for diehard mk fans either!

Regardless of the message he's trying to get across. Hopefully for NRS this would get people who would want to know more give MK11 the chance to be in more hands. So it hindsight it might help.

Plus it helps Tweedy too. It puts his name out there which can only help if it gives him the results he wants. It also hurts with credibility. Who else might have said anything and took it has far has he did. Or continue too.

It's both. I see NRS winning for sales and Tweedy getting his name further there.
Very well said, sir. RIghteous ;)

Sutter Pain

Your mothers main.
Chris g will probably do good with the summit being so close to release. He will pick up the game and be able to break down the mechanics quicker then some of the other players, I would not sleep on him.

Also if Tyrant doesn't pick some bullshit grundy type character and takes the game seriously he will make some people eat their words.

JBeezYBabY

Mr. Righteous
Chris g will probably do good with the summit being so close to release. He will pick up the game and be able to break down the mechanics quicker then some of the other players, I would not sleep on him.

Also if Tyrant doesn't pick some bullshit grundy type character and takes the game seriously he will make some people eat their words.
Not familiar with Tyrant. He OG MK9 ?Question mark?

Sutter Pain

Your mothers main.
Not familiar with Tyrant. He OG MK9 ?Question mark?
Yeah he is dope as fuck, his jax in mk9 was so fun to watch. In Ij1 he picked lowish tier Grundy and still brought mad hype. I honestly don't know what happened to him in MKX but he probably did not like the game very much like a lot of people.

On top of that he seems like a genuinely cool as dude.

Yeah he is dope as fuck, his jax in mk9 was so fun to watch. In Ij1 he picked lowish tier Grundy and still brought mad hype. I honestly don't know what happened to him in MKX but he probably did not like the game very much like a lot of people.

On top of that he seems like a genuinely cool as dude.
He was YOMI for mkx, wasn’t he?

Skedar70

Noob
I wish they actually invited jwong, Maximilian and Aris. Why? Just to add salt to the entitled elitists who think they are the game and the community.

JBeezYBabY

Mr. Righteous
Honestly would love to vote @Tom Brady in if the opportunity comes up because I just wanna see for myself that he can still go toe to toe w/ the best. And I believe he can if he wants to :)

@Tweedy Vote him in a heartbeat! He's been so damn vocal it would be criminal NOT to have him in at this point. 1) I want to see him piss everybody off just his prescence alone lol
2) He can go toe to toe with Chris G and possibly.....my last pick

PL - Only for the simple fact that i want to see him go up against Tweedy. Thats it.

StormGoddess

Your mind tricks won't harm me!!!
Chris G is a true competitor- one can only hope that Tweedy makes it into the summit and then the fireworks can begin.
AT the Summit everyone plays everyone(at least in DBFZ) so he and Chris G can settle it in MORTAL KOMBAT .
LOL

Sutter Pain

Your mothers main.
Oh, yeah I have no idea if he lived there or not.
But pig didn’t live there and he was part of yomi too, so I guess you didn’t have to right!
I think they sponsored a bunch of random people for like one or two tournaments. They did have a core crew for a while though whose members I cant recall all of them. FK, Slayer, Trepound, terry brothers and some others.

Tweedy

Noob
Honestly would love to vote @Tom Brady in if the opportunity comes up because I just wanna see for myself that he can still go toe to toe w/ the best. And I believe he can if he wants to :)

@Tweedy Vote him in a heartbeat! He's been so damn vocal it would be criminal NOT to have him in at this point. 1) I want to see him piss everybody off just his prescence alone lol
2) He can go toe to toe with Chris G and possibly.....my last pick

PL - Only for the simple fact that i want to see him go up against Tweedy. Thats it.
I appreciate it bro. Much love to anyone who supports me. Can't wait to show everyone how much work I've been putting in. If Chris G/Tyrant really get in over today's grinders like me/rewind, it's ok, because MK11's lifespan will tell the story. MK9/Inj 1 top player stans are gonna get a reality check.