What's new

ESPORTS- Mortal Kombat and The Summit of Time Announcement

Grape Juice City

Shaolin boyz
April? Holding the summit so close to launch seems questionable. I would have preferred it to be like 3-4 months out from it's release so we could at least give players a chance to discover, flesh out, and establish some sort of meta.

If the exhibition at the reveal was meant to showcase how the game plays, then the summit should showcase how the game plays at a high level.

E

Eldriken

I know that, but it's like 2 days already and this is a big deal for the NRS E-sports scene. Didn't mean to disrespect anyone. Hope I've made myself cleared.

It is an E-sports event made by an E-Sports event production company named Beyond the Summit, and from what I know it will include tourneys as well.
There is absolutely no timeframe for one of our News Editors to do their job here if their real life is what's keeping them from it.

If it winds up taking longer than expected, one of us will front page it and they can make the article for it later unless someone else feels like doing it. Sound good?

Evil Canadian

G O K U
Premium Supporter
April? Holding the summit so close to launch seems questionable. I would have preferred it to be like 3-4 months out from it's release so we could at least give players a chance to discover, flesh out, and establish some sort of meta.

If the exhibition at the reveal was meant to showcase how the game plays, then the summit should showcase how the game plays at a high level.
Its a marketing event.

Roy Arkon

I will leave my seal on you!
There is absolutely no timeframe for one of our News Editors to do their job here if their real life is what's keeping them from it.

If it winds up taking longer than expected, one of us will front page it and they can make the article for it later unless someone else feels like doing it. Sound good?
Understood. Again, didn't meant to disrespect anyone.

JBeezYBabY

Mr. Righteous
This talk has really escalated quickly on Twitter about who got invited. I dont know exactly who got their invite but apparently Chris G is the only one confirmed ?Question mark?

JBeezYBabY

Mr. Righteous
Nah, 9 NRS players and Chris G..

Sonic Dragon Djt Chris G Tyrant King Hayatei Tekkenmaster Foxy Scar
I mean, its the only info we can go by but that is only the leak list in question. Nothing has been officially confirmed of these names. Pure speculation. Unless you know something else?

I mean, its the only info we can go by but that is only the leak list in question. Nothing has been officially confirmed of these names. Pure speculation. Unless you know something else?
Alot of people on that list have made tweets that semi confirm them indicating they've been invited.

JBeezYBabY

Mr. Righteous
Alot of people on that list have made tweets that semi confirm them indicating they've been invited.
Well then ill wait until its 100% Confirmed ;)

But that still leaves 6 more people to be voted in. Not sure how that works. Is it strictly the people that nominate or an official committee of peers?

Well then ill wait until its 100% Confirmed ;)

But that still leaves 6 more people to be voted in. Not sure how that works. Is it strictly the people that nominate or an official committee of peers?
No idea but the fact that you need to spend money (buy merch) to vote seems toxic tbh.. p2w like

JBeezYBabY

Mr. Righteous
No idea but the fact that you need to spend money (buy merch) to vote seems toxic tbh.. p2w like
PAUSE...wait WHAAAA!? U need to buy merch to fucking vote? Thats some bullshit. I get that this is a marketing way to showcase the game, but this type of practice is quite sleazy.

Rearawt

Noob
Maybe hold off on getting angry and starting shitstorms until you have something concrete to be angry about eh

haketh

Noob
REALLY?? Damn. Im not aware how none of this works. But what are the items? Like a pin? T-Shirt? Arcade sticks?
This will give you an idea https://smash.gg/tournament/summit-of-power/shop/compendium-32

Theirs typically stretch goals to, I would also expect a Skin or something maybe because it seems like NRS is working with Summit at a DotA level since the Summit of Time is happening so soon after release. This is just me speculating though don’t take it as gospel.

JBeezYBabY

Mr. Righteous
This will give you an idea https://smash.gg/tournament/summit-of-power/shop/compendium-32

Theirs typically stretch goals to, I would also expect a Skin or something maybe because it seems like NRS is working with Summit at a DotA level since the Summit of Time is happening so soon after release. This is just me speculating though don’t take it as gospel.
OOOOOOH! I think i get it. So in order to vote, you have to purchase an item but in return, the money will be contributed to the prize pool for the players? IF thats so, then that sounds better than my original thought. lol