What's new

General/Other - Erron Black Erron Black General Discussion Thread

Nexallus

From Takeda to Robin
So whats Erron's best variation now? I've wanted to learn Gunslinger since release (I'm a HUGE spaghetti western fan) and have been sort of messing around with it, and it seems fun! Fingers hurt from 21222 lol

Is Gunslinger "viable" now since the changes? Or is Outlaw still the goto?
There's an easy way to do 2,1,1,2,2 on pad. The way I do it is I just slide my thumb from 2 to 1 and then slide from 1 to 2. And then I just tap 2. Just do all that really quickly so you have enough time for other inputs. And Gunslinger is definitely viable, I use him all the time. He's my second main, if that's a thing.

Northern Slasher

Heads or Tails X
I have 0 issues inputting 21122 fast enough or anything but for the life of me I cannot get it to cancel. I think ive done it once in 30 times I tried.

WeaponQ

Milksteak, Magnets, and Ghouls
Don't spam the 22 part at the end. If you press it 3 times then the special won't come out. It's all timing. Input the full 21122 string then wait a slight moment then input the special unless your ending in a command throw in which you would need to input that immediately after inputting 21122.

Northern Slasher

Heads or Tails X
Don't spam the 22 part at the end. If you press it 3 times then the special won't come out. It's all timing. Input the full 21122 string then wait a slight moment then input the special unless your ending in a command throw in which you would need to input that immediately after inputting 21122.
I'll try that but I'm 99% sure that I'm not spamming 2. But I'll give it a shot tonight.

Ghosty1981

Dog will hunt!
Yeah I can do that 10/10 times. But I'm struggling big time on the 21122 cancel.
You have all day after you input 21122. Sit back, enjoy the animation, and when it gets towards the end do your slide. The funny thing is that 2112 is much trickier on the timing; for 21122 slide it almost feels like a follow up move rather than a cancel, IMO.

21122. Best string in the game. 9 frames. Best and easiest punish. Reaches very far. Safe. Cancel into a tick grab. Cancelable at any point. Trueblocks into exsand grenade. Hard to counterpoke after the animation. Sets up armor bait. Best combo ender in most situations. Catches negative jump attempts. Decent chip and builds meter.

I love 21122.

To cancel after 21 you need to enter 211 and cancel in between the 11.
To cancel after 211 is kinda tricky. I enter 211 then tap down twice then my cancel input.
2112 cancel enter 21122 and cancel in between the 22.
For 21122 cancel. You need to enter 21122 and wait for the entire animation. You can enter 21122 as fast as you want. Wait until the animation is almost done, like after the final 2 animation to cancel and you should be fine.

Northern Slasher

Heads or Tails X
Got it down. Now I just need to figure out what's taken me so long to try this gunslinging badass cowboy. Easily the most fun I've had playing a fighter.

Best part is, is I got it down right after watching A Fistful of Dollars. :DOGE

Ghosty1981

Dog will hunt!
Got it down. Now I just need to figure out what's taken me so long to try this gunslinging badass cowboy. Easily the most fun I've had playing a fighter.

Best part is, is I got it down right after watching A Fistful of Dollars. :DOGE
You're jumping in at the right time. The XL update changed his play a bit, and it has taken practice to unlearn some of his old crutches.

The change has been for the better, I think, at least for Gunslinger. He now has a solid poke, and the tick throws he lost could be blown up by decent players anyway. I still find myself throwing a command grab I know won't connect, but it is getting better.

My biggest problem now is I've been playing with Leatherface-Killer, another stance character but with an entirely different style. I find it hard to switch back and forth between characters, but both are crazy fun. Enjoy!

Last edited:

Northern Slasher

Heads or Tails X
You're jumping in at the right time. The XL update changed his play a bit, and it has taken practice to unlearn some of his old crutches.

The change has been for the better, I think, at least for Gunslinger. He now has a solid poke, and the tick throws he lost could be blown up by decent players anyway. I still find myself throwing a command grab I know won't connect, but it is getting better.

My biggest problem now is I've been playing with Leatherface-Killer, another stance character but with an entirely different style. I find it hard to switch back and forth between characters, but both are crazy fun. Enjoy!
Thanks dude. I'm really enjoying MK again, love this character. I couldn't play another stance character lol ones enough. Found out today as well Gunslinger murders Killer/Leatherface. Very tough for him to get in from full screen when you got SOS up and ready for him "to draw" ;)

Ghosty1981

Dog will hunt!
Thanks dude. I'm really enjoying MK again, love this character. I couldn't play another stance character lol ones enough. Found out today as well Gunslinger murders Killer/Leatherface. Very tough for him to get in from full screen when you got SOS up and ready for him "to draw" ;)
He sure does. I play both, and the other night I used EB against someone using Killer. I zoned him out and he got real mad and complained. Tried to give him some tips but he wouldn't have it.

You don't let Killer get close, it's suicide. I know from the other side that Killer can win with two bars and two combos. If you have guns, use them. It is what the character was designed for.

That said, EB ain't bad up close, especially now with a 7f poke. It's what I like most about Gunslinger: keep em off balance with bullets coming from every direction, then rip them apart up close. Jack of all trades.

Northern Slasher

Heads or Tails X
He sure does. I play both, and the other night I used EB against someone using Killer. I zoned him out and he got real mad and complained. Tried to give him some tips but he wouldn't have it.

You don't let Killer get close, it's suicide. I know from the other side that Killer can win with two bars and two combos. If you have guns, use them. It is what the character was designed for.

That said, EB ain't bad up close, especially now with a 7f poke. It's what I like most about Gunslinger: keep em off balance with bullets coming from every direction, then rip them apart up close. Jack of all trades.
Exactly. His weaknesses are addressed in Gunslinger. The 7f poke is great and I'm getting a ton of mileage from 1,1 being +2 on block. Tons of pressure and when they least expect it, hit'm with the F1,3 xxexsg. NOBODY blocks that under pressure.

Youphemism

Gunslinger since pre patch (sh/out to The Farmer)
Some of you probably know but for the sake of those that don't you can make ticking from pokes easier by taking advantage of the directional buffer. Long story short instead of doing D1~DBF2 the down from the D1 will be in the directional buffer already so you can do D1~BF2 and it works the same.

Northern Slasher

Heads or Tails X
Some of you probably know but for the sake of those that don't you can make ticking from pokes easier by taking advantage of the directional buffer. Long story short instead of doing D1~DBF2 the down from the D1 will be in the directional buffer already so you can do D1~BF2 and it works the same.
Nice that's very handy! But i'm way too used to doing it the old fashioned way to switch now.