What's new

General/Other - Erron Black Erron Black General Discussion Thread

Since a lot of people are now letting go of block or buffering armour against 21122 do you guys think its a good idea to add ex-sand into the mix up. So at the sand trap cancel points you add ex-sand into it?
Too risky, spending a bar of meter and if they block it you're -20, also their armor will beat yours, idk about the 6 frame reversals, you would have to test that I'm at work rn

Paul the Octopus

Slow Starter
Since a lot of people are now letting go of block or buffering armour against 21122 do you guys think its a good idea to add ex-sand into the mix up. So at the sand trap cancel points you add ex-sand into it?
I know if you OS armor against 21122 before the last 2 the armor will come out if erron cancels into something before the last 2, but block if he does the 21122 ex-sand grenade block string.

However, how does the letting go of block defense work? Wouldn't you get hit by the grenade?

Noob
I know if you OS armor against 21122 before the last 2 the armor will come out if erron cancels into something before the last 2, but block if he does the 21122 ex-sand grenade block string.

However, how does the letting go of block defense work? Wouldn't you get hit by the grenade?
Letting go of block defense is for sand trap, after each hit you let go of block and repush it so at any cancel point the sand trap will whiff D:, you will get hit by the grenade though.

CabooseLeGoose

Le Scoop
Other than tick throwing due to the better cancel advantage on D3, is there ever need to use it outside of this instead of using D4?

spliti

Noob
Just started playing Erron and he is incredible. So much fun.

So, I'm having a problem landing his command grab after 21122 in a juggle. Does it buffer? Do I have to time the input correctly. Teach me please.

lionheart21

Its Game Over, Man
Just started playing Erron and he is incredible. So much fun.

So, I'm having a problem landing his command grab after 21122 in a juggle. Does it buffer? Do I have to time the input correctly. Teach me please.
The command grab will buffer at 211, 2112, and 21122.

Personally, I don't try going for the full string unless I have the opponent in the corner, since I don't wanna take the risk of whiffing due to online lag.

Noob
Alright cool. It just doesn't come out for me. Gonna lab this out. Thanks.
Try doing FBDF instead of DBF. Idk what it is but it works. It also prevents tark. stab from coming out by mistake.

Command grab also work at 21.

For 21122 into command grab I input the string at the first 2 then just mash triangle a good 2-3 times lol. Maybe that will help you as well!

Noob
Alright so I was randomly labbing and found out 4 jails into (gunslinger) stance 2, 3 and semi 4 (I tested on sub icey slide and his armour comes out after the first hit of stance 4 so it could work against reversal that don't advance?). Am I the only one who just found out about this?

I was a little excited until I learned 4 is a high and 16 start up frame, though, against sub zero icey slide reversal, jump in 2 into 4 is guaranteed. Do you guys think this is just a gimmick move or could it be useful. Maybe in the corner on oki?

@xGunShow
@Farmer
@SonicFox5000
@Thanilla Ice
@DownfouralitY
@wsj515
@Sage Leviathan
@HeroesNZ
@Everyone else

Last edited:

joeldm

Noob
Alright so I was randomly labbing and found out 4 jails into stance 2, 3 and semi 4 (I tested on sub icey slide and his armour comes out after the first hit of stance 4 so it could work against reversal that don't advance?). Am I the only one who just found out about this?

I was a little excited until I learned 4 is a high and 16 start up frame, though, against sub zero icey slide reversal, jump in 2 into 4 is guaranteed. Do you guys think this is just a gimmick move or could it be useful. Maybe in the corner on oki?

@xGunShow
@Farmer
@SonicFox5000
@Thanilla Ice
@DownfouralitY
@wsj515
@Sage Leviathan
@HeroesNZ
@Everyone else
No, but you were the first who said that.

It is the same with Marksman 4 db2 and Outlaw 4 df2 but Outlaw can be punished.

The Farmer

Gunslinger since pre ptch -Shout out 2 Youphs 2015
Alright so I was randomly labbing and found out 4 jails into (gunslinger) stance 2, 3 and semi 4 (I tested on sub icey slide and his armour comes out after the first hit of stance 4 so it could work against reversal that don't advance?). Am I the only one who just found out about this?

@xGunShow
@Farmer
@SonicFox5000
@Thanilla Ice
@DownfouralitY
@wsj515
@Sage Leviathan
@HeroesNZ
@Everyone else
I've never really tried using standing 4 at all other then in the corner for combos. Mid screen i usually just check people and use f3 because of the range and the better startup frames. Ive seen people use it as a curveball per se, like standing four into sos1 into continued pressure after you'e conditioned your opponent.

Last edited: