What's new

Strategy - Master of Souls Ermacs F4 Extra Scaling? Bonus My MoS Vortex.

MK_Chameleon

The wizard of Zod
So I have noticed that F4 scales more than neutral 4, I have known about this for quite some time and my best guess is that ground bounce moves scale slightly more. So I'm just wondering if anyone else noticed this or why it scales slightly more.

They are both 7% damage 1 hit moves so I tested it out today to see the difference it is very minor but in this video you'll see that the soul ball does 6.17% after a neutral 4 but 5.85 after a F4
Here's a longer version of the scaling
This is my current Ideal starter combo for my MoS vortex with two optional follow ups that are same damage.

PaletteSwap

Misanthropiate
I'm at work so I was only able to watch the 3rd video but it was awesome.

Unrelated to this, I remember you making a thread complaining about how unsafe and unviable Ermac is. Have you been having any success with him lately or do you still feel the same?

MK_Chameleon

The wizard of Zod
I'm at work so I was only able to watch the 3rd video but it was awesome.

Unrelated to this, I remember you making a thread complaining about how unsafe and unviable Ermac is. Have you been having any success with him lately or do you still feel the same?
I have always done well with Ermac but that's just because I'm still not getting punished by my unsafe strings. I still stand by what I said I think he is too unsafe.

PaletteSwap

Misanthropiate
I have always done well with Ermac but that's just because I'm still not getting punished by my unsafe strings. I still stand by what I said I think he is too unsafe.
Still feel like there are obvious MU's in Ermac's favor. I think Ermac deals with Grandmaster Sub Zero better than quite a few characters.

Afumba

Noob
Yeah this is a known thing. S4 can make the same combo do 1% more damage than f4 - it doesnt always tip that extra % though.
Same as you i assumed it is cause of the bounce. (adding njp sometimes also didnt add damage; assumed the worse scaling comes from bounce here too)

Nice Vortex btw. Although you could remove the "b12, jik-teleport" part with "f3-teleport" for the same damage. I find it a bit easier.
Or add a b12 before the f4 for 37%. Execution is tight with the b12 though. Here the full combo.

jip, f21d2, f3xxteleport, b12, f4 SoulBall, jip b12 (37%)

MK_Chameleon

The wizard of Zod
Nice Vortex btw. Although you could remove the "b12, jik-teleport" part with "f3-teleport" for the same damage. I find it a bit easier.
Or add a b12 before the f4 for 37%. Execution is tight with the b12 though. Here the full combo.

jip, f21d2, f3xxteleport, b12, f4 SoulBall, jip b12 (37%)
Yeah I just started using f3-teleport instead of b12 j3-teleport it's so much easier. Less stylish though but practicality over flashiness.

zaf

professor
Yea I also started to use F3 in place of JK teleport. the damage is literally the same
@MK_Chameleon It is definitely a lot less flashy but more consistent.
Ive also noticed that S4 scales better then F4. I try to keep F4 out of combos unless it is the starter because of the scaling

Last edited: