What's new

Strategy Ermac's Air Blast

Ermaculate_Slim

We are Many but we didnt make MK11 not one
I think this could be very effective against people who like to rush in after a blocked TKP.I havent tested it yet I'll test it tonight at a local tourny .Basicially after TKP jump and input the air blast quickly to get it low enough where it can connect. .I think this could aid ermac when it comes to rush down characters to keep them away from fear of it.So feel free to test it out yourself and give me feedback.Hehe just finding all I can in preparation for final round.

Metzos

You will BOW to me!
Yeah you just need to be careful of armored ex moves though. Other than that its safe.

zaf

professor
yea you can use the airblast like this.
not sure if you use teleport whiffing after a full screen combo, but if you do. when you are behind them after the teleport try to use airblast here as well. most of the time people end up getting hit and this just grants more advantage and more pressure to keep up

KamikazeJD

Makes women fap
not sure if you use teleport whiffing after a full screen combo, but if you do. when you are behind them after the teleport try to use airblast here as well. most of the time people end up getting hit and this just grants more advantage and more pressure to keep up
wat do you mean? Teleport then crossup iab? Or a neutral ab? I dont teleport much after my tkp combos.. Guess I should put that in more..

Ermaculate_Slim

We are Many but we didnt make MK11 not one
I'll try that I'm all about putting on more pressure

zaf

professor
just go into practise.

end a combo in 22tkp
as soon as you can, teleport.
as soon as you have landed from the teleport do a neutral iafb or just do a cross over JIK iafb.
Either one is fine.
The opponent can tech this however. Once they start doing that, react accordingly.

What you can do once you start getting good at this set up is, use ex tkp. Yes this is actually worth the meter.
This allows you to get the set up still without always getting a combo ( ie AA tkp/good read)

Lt. Boxy Angelman

I WILL EAT THIS GAME
just go into practise.

end a combo in 22tkp
as soon as you can, teleport.
as soon as you have landed from the teleport do a neutral iafb or just do a cross over JIK iafb.
Either one is fine.
The opponent can tech this however. Once they start doing that, react accordingly.

What you can do once you start getting good at this set up is, use ex tkp. Yes this is actually worth the meter.
This allows you to get the set up still without always getting a combo ( ie AA tkp/good read)
Sounds dee-lish. Must try.

zaf

professor
made this quick video just to get the idea on video.
i really need to get the timing down, its gotten easier to do after this video, but dont have time for a new video. maybe tomorrow.
basically i wanted to see how fast airblast could be done on a blocking opponent, combined with d3 as well. the spacing sets up nicely for the two.
you can even see it once in the video, i do one right after the other ( near the end)
that alone seems really fast and retarded
also, if done at mid screen, by dashing in after each iafb and using d3 you can keep the airblast from whiffing

[/quote]

EDIT:

I got jer to try and do it on stick, to see if it is easier.
asked him to just do it as fast as he could as if he was doing ias with mileena.
doesn't do it for long, but you can see when he does it consecutively that it looks pretty fast

http://www.twitch.tv/jersupafly/b/309271155

here are the times to look out for.

0:08-0:15
0:20-0:24

what do you peeps think

NRF CharlieMurphy

Kindergarten Meta
This gets me blown up sometimes. I'm going to assume that a blocked or hit d3 puts you in perfect position? I don't know how else you guys are using it... but I tend to mix crossing up and this... so that they will ALWAYS block when i'm in the air.

zaf

professor
does this seem like something people would use once they get it down? d3 does have nice range with this

Sent from my GT-S5830D using Tapatalk

Theme

Noob
does this seem like something people would use once they get it down? d3 does have nice range with this

Sent from my GT-S5830D using Tapatalk

Dont know about others, but Ive been using this as an anti JIP for awhile now... but now that I was reading about Sub Crash's mixup, I might just incorporate that part too, thats sick.

derOeler

Death comes to all!
Yesterday i saw the Redemption offcast:
http://de.twitch.tv/offcast/b/336307295?t=2h49m36s
Seven used airblast very smart. He kicks and cancels into airblast for a meaty 14% or pushback and safer landing (see that 5s into the video).

After getting too many teleports i realized i had to use :fk to jumpkick (followed by:d:l:bp) instead of my AA JK (Jump :bk :d:l).

zaf

professor
Yesterday i saw the Redemption offcast:
http://de.twitch.tv/offcast/b/336307295?t=2h49m36s
Seven used airblast very smart. He kicks and cancels into airblast for a meaty 14% or pushback and safer landing (see that 5s into the video).

After getting to many teleports i realized i had to use :fk to jumpkick (followed by:d:l:bp) instead of my AA JK (Jump :bk :d:l).
yea i watched the stream. This is something ive been using for a while and a lot more recently. It has many uses and stuffs most AA options. Its really effective on cross up too, as this blows up d1 cross up AA.

This can be done off of insta jump, right? Like iafs and iagb
Yes. This is something i use all the time now.

You can use it to punish people who d1 or d3 poke you when you block it.

Another great use is to punish pokes people use as interuption.

Say you want to do jip 31. Most people will try and d1 or d3. What you can do is after your 31, jump back ( neutral jump or forward jump will get stuffed, jump back works) and iafb. Thia blows up pokes similar to sonya dive kick

GLoRToR

Positive Poster!
yea i watched the stream. This is something ive been using for a while and a lot more recently. It has many uses and stuffs most AA options. Its really effective on cross up too, as this blows up d1 cross up AA.

Yes. This is something i use all the time now.

You can use it to punish people who d1 or d3 poke you when you block it.

Another great use is to punish pokes people use as interuption.

Say you want to do jip 31. Most people will try and d1 or d3. What you can do is after your 31, jump back ( neutral jump or forward jump will get stuffed, jump back works) and iafb. Thia blows up pokes similar to sonya dive kick
What's the lowest hit level you can hit this off of at? Realistically. Can you overhead a crouch with it?

zaf

professor
It is not an overead. But you can do this really really low.
It can not be avoided by crouched blocking, nor can it be neutral crouch blocked. You need to block it.
This is something realistic to use, as you will see in the video. I will also vouch for this as it is something that is not part of my game. I think this is the next step towards the ermac metagame.

derOeler

Death comes to all!
This is some top ermac play! ty 4 sharing.

It is not an overead. But you can do this really really low.
It can not be crouched blocked, nor can it be neutral crouch blocked. You need to block it.
This makes no sense, but i get what u intended.
Actually its pretty hilarious logic :p

I think this is the next step towards the ermac metagame.
Totally agree that this is the next step for ermac.
Detroit shows what a great tool airblast can be. Jump away after pressure with iAB.
On block: Ermac spaced himself nice and safe.
On hit: He can apply more pressure.

I have to hit the lab with that.