What's new

Strategy Ermac's Air Blast

Metzos

You will BOW to me!
Hello ppl if you ve seen the recent matches from the Greek tournament i ve started using Air Blast in my gamestyle. My thoughts about this move ? Simply AMAZING. Such an underrated move that no one uses (from what i ve seen at least) its very useful against rushdown characters, safe on block (dunno if fast specials can punish it though have to search it a bit more ), pushbacks the opponent on block and staggers them on hit. I kinda believe that this move is gonna make Ermac an even more solid zoner than he already is atm against rushdown characters. I wanna know what you guys think about that move :)

KamikazeJD

Makes women fap
I been using it alot too. I use it more as bait tho, but I try to get it in alot too. A whiffed ab can put u in the perfect position to open players up to a combo. Its also super unexpected in his levitate mixups

zaf

professor
once again, something i have posted about in the ermac general thread. this also got overlooked like everything i post.I bet no one knows ermac has a vortex. I did post about that but still over looked lol. I guess my best idea is to compile all the information i have into a new ermac pressure/tricks thread.anything people claim to be a good use for ermac, i can promise you i have found it out and posted it or already use it.

i've been using this move for a long time now and i have many uses for it.

-use this on jump ins.
-this can punish jump ins if you are fast enough.
-i have created a reset with this, i can post this after.
-I have been trying to jump in punch people, and instead of doing a string of a grab attempt, i have been testing an Iaf as an option. If you jump in like this and do an iaf, like mentioned it pushes people back and does have advantage. the main use for this is to mess with the opponents head. Like who ever does a jip then a iaf right away? No one lol. You can dash in after and resume pressure or react accordingly.

Metzos

You will BOW to me!
Yeah. I find it extremely useful against JC,LK,SB and QC cause of their rushdown and pressure. Such an amazing move.

EDIT : Kamikaze do you have any other links so i can finally see your matches ? Cause the stream is still laggy.

Metzos

You will BOW to me!
once again, something i have posted about in the ermac general thread. this also got overlooked like everything i post.I bet no one knows ermac has a vortex. I did post about that but still over looked lol. I guess my best idea is to compile all the information i have into a new ermac pressure/tricks thread.anything people claim to be a good use for ermac, i can promise you i have found it out and posted it or already use it.

i've been using this move for a long time now and i have many uses for it.

-use this on jump ins.
-this can punish jump ins if you are fast enough.
-i have created a reset with this, i can post this after.
-I have been trying to jump in punch people, and instead of doing a string of a grab attempt, i have been testing an Iaf as an option. If you jump in like this and do an iaf, like mentioned it pushes people back and does have advantage. the main use for this is to mess with the opponents head. Like who ever does a jip then a iaf right away? No one lol. You can dash in after and resume pressure or react accordingly.

I must be blind then. Sorry zaf. IAFB is really good i ve done it too many times. Reset ? Interesting. Would like to hear some more of that. As for the vortex you mean 12 tele ? Yeah i m aware of that. If i hit confirm though i usually go for big combos not the vortex.

zaf

professor
yes the vortex can be pretty worthless in terms of damage, but it is still always an option to mess with your opponent.
as for the reset i use with the iafb, its not a true reset. But it functions similar and can not really be punished as far as i know.
This is a combo of two things i use. Teleport after a long enough knockdown to get behind the opponent and iafb.

Like i mentioned before, you can teleport behind the opponent after a combo ending in tkp that puts them high enough in the air to give you the time to get behind them. Once you are behind them you can go for a mix up. I've started to do an Iafb at this point because it brings the opponent back to standing position and leaves you at advantage. After the iafb, you can go back to 31 mix ups or whatever you want.

im not sure if this happens because it snags them before they get up, but have started the get up animation.
i need to test what happens if the opponent stays on the ground. but every time i have used this it was as i explained.

Metzos

You will BOW to me!
yes the vortex can be pretty worthless in terms of damage, but it is still always an option to mess with your opponent.
as for the reset i use with the iafb, its not a true reset. But it functions similar and can not really be punished as far as i know.
This is a combo of two things i use. Teleport after a long enough knockdown to get behind the opponent and iafb.

Like i mentioned before, you can teleport behind the opponent after a combo ending in tkp that puts them high enough in the air to give you the time to get behind them. Once you are behind them you can go for a mix up. I've started to do an Iafb at this point because it brings the opponent back to standing position and leaves you at advantage. After the iafb, you can go back to 31 mix ups or whatever you want.

im not sure if this happens because it snags them before they get up, but have started the get up animation.
i need to test what happens if the opponent stays on the ground
Hmm nice stuff. Havent thought about that nice one. Although i knew that you could tele fast enough after an EX TKP not a regular one (Smoke style) .I really have to test that out. As for the punish i believe that it could be punished by very fast special armored moves on WU alone probably. I ll have to test that out too. Good stuff zaf thnx m8.

zaf

professor
You can only teleport behind someone ( smoke style) if they are high enough in the air ( vertically).
an aa tkp or a combo ending in tkp will give you this time. you do not need to ex tkp.

a very fast special should be able to punish this, but ive done some iafbs that beat out other specials before.

Metzos

You will BOW to me!
a very fast special should be able to punish this, but ive done some iafbs that beat out other specials before.
Even with the new WU attack system ? I mean you meant WU attacks right ? If thats true then thats a big adv for Ermac to do some pressure.

zaf

professor
The reason why this worked in the past is because you are behind the opponent and they are turning around then doing the WU attack. This makes them lose the invincible frames. Tom brady demonstrated this in a video before.

If the new WU system still gives invincible frames even if you have to turn around then this wont work and you can be punished.

The reason why i even did this in the past was because it is not effected by WU attacks.

But now, if the change has allowed people to still have invincible frames even if they have to turn around and wake up attack then this is not safe .

Error

DF2+R2
I remember posting months ago a question about Ermac's 1, 2xxteleport, and it got brushed off as useless ;( and airblast is awesome, wish it had a bigger hitbox at times though.

Metzos

You will BOW to me!
I remember posting months ago a question about Ermac's 1, 2xxteleport, and it got brushed off as useless ;( and airblast is awesome, wish it had a bigger hitbox at times though.
Well i believe the reason Ermac's vortex isnt that good as Scorpions is cause of Ermac's mixups. They suck.Big time. Now if he had some of Scorpion's mixups into combos (lows and medium combo starters) yeah that would be worthwhile doing the vortex. But atm no i dont think its worth it. And yeah the air blast needs a better hitbox.

Error

DF2+R2
Yeah, if you can't react to a 25(?) frame overhead you should eat a combo, and what's worse is that it splats. Oh and I know Ermac's vortex isn't as useful as Scorpions, but I still (think) I found it :p

Sometimes I do a jump in punch, airblast, but only when I'm like "hey, I wonder what happens if I do this."
I've also caught CSZ and Kung Lao divekicks with it.

Wow, this goes way back, like when I first joined. Doesn't really matter if I found it or not lol, as long as it got out somehow.
Is there any use for 1,2 teleport since you get a jump in punch after it hits?

Metzos

You will BOW to me!
Yeah, if you can't react to a 25(?) frame overhead you should eat a combo, and what's worse is that it splats. Oh and I know Ermac's vortex isn't as useful as Scorpions, but I still (think) I found it :p

Hahahaha true true. About the vortex i ve known it for a long time but i wasnt sure it was worth the posting. Plus i think i saw it in some post on the Ermac forums.

zaf

professor
i was also always against ermac getting a lift off the f4 and u4, but with how the game has panned out so far it would help so much haha.

i dont care who found the vortex, im just like "wtf why is everything i post ( thats very useful) just overlooked and paid no attention to."
then i look some time later and people are all over my techs lol

i think i find most of the stuff i do because of how limited ermac can be. I literally try everything imaginable to be able to give myself more of an edge. i guess i should thank my training partner who pushes me to that level

Ermaculate_Slim

We are Many but we didnt make MK11 not one
I was highly against that in the past but now i m starting to have second thoughts about that too.
U4+lift would be awesome but u know that'll make the trolls come out.I hate when people tell us ermac players what ermac needs and what he dont need.We know him better then anyone.

zaf

professor
off topic but very note worthy,
i have a stream that will be shown on the top banner of the tym home page. its there right now, called late night mk.
this is my friends stream, we play on it. hope to see some of you in the chat.

the snowman is bad mr frosty from clayfighter
i live in canada so lol....