What's new

Strategy Ermac strings that jail.

Axel_Redd

Vampire Jesus....he wants YOUR blood now!!
only if you release down while continuing blocking
huh? are u talking about the slide? or something else? They can't change they're blocking position right? if u start a jailing string on a crouching opponent, they'll stay in crouch block position even if they let go of down right? and they'll stay in that position till the string ends or they let go of block right?

Jer

I'm a literal Sloth
Im not bashing you, you just seem to like downing my questions

and second off Toki, you obviously dont know anything about me, my Ermac is 1004/20 on MK online XBL, so nice try bud
Online records matter.

Also I body you online(yet I don't even play online)

Come to an offline event please, let's see that record.

Canoptek Zombie

Error Macro
Jer, you can body me all you want its not gonna matter, my record is legit, itsa not my fault Ive practiced a characte so much, that I know how to react to every fight situation, plus its all scrubs online anymore anyways, do you can count 300 of those easy wins and people who quit after a flawless round

zaf

professor
Axel_redd, i just posted what jailing means.

With ermac, use 31 on someone, they can poke out after the 3.
Do a JIP, then do a 31. They can not poke out of the string after the 3.
The jip makes the blockstring Jail.

Jail means that the blockstring will not whiff, that the opponent must block the entire string.

I am warning you all. Do not make me use my mod powers.
Canoptek Zombie
Tokiwartoothxdk

No more argueing here over nothing, I am not taking sides. I am telling you both to forget it.

Canoptek, you play online. If you get your experience only from online, it will not mean anything in the end.
Sure you can get some experience, but some match ups will be very different, such as johnny cage.
It is a lot harder to get out of his pressure online, so this is why you think cage is so hard. Same for noob.
Also, no one will care about your online wins. It's online and does not count for anything.

Please be civil guys.

Axel_Redd

hmm, i'll have to check that out, that doesnt sound right tho, cuz like i said about still being in standing block position while blocking sub's slide at the end of the string...

edit:
Axel, i just posted what jailing means.

Jail means that the blockstring will not whiff, that the opponent must block the entire string.

I am warning you all.
Canoptek Zombie
Tokiwartoothxdk

No more argueing here over nothing, I am not taking sides. I am telling you both to forget it.

Canoptek, you play online. If you get your experience only from online, it will not mean anything in the end.
Sure you can get some experience, but some match ups will be very different, such as johnny cage.
It is a lot harder to get out of his pressure online, so this is why you think cage is so hard. Same for noob.
Also, no one will care about your online wins. It's online and does not count for anything.

Please be civil guys.
oh, ok my bad.
and im guessing, jailing can happen if they attempt to crouch block a a certain string to late, like with kitana, i've hit people with her cutter that attempted to crouch block the string at the last second...or did they just let go of down before i did cutter?

Jer

I'm a literal Sloth
Jer, you can body me all you want its not gonna matter, my record is legit, itsa not my fault Ive practiced a characte so much, that I know how to react to every fight situation, plus its all scrubs online anymore anyways, do you can count 300 of those easy wins and people who quit after a flawless round
Wait, EVERY situation? Damn dude, I bet you place in alot of tourneys.

Oh wait.

Tokiwartoothxdk

『T R I G G E R E D』
Axel_redd, i just posted what jailing means.

I am warning you all. Do not make me use my mod powers.
Canoptek Zombie
Tokiwartoothxdk

Please be civil guys.
<3:D

zaf

professor
hmm, i'll have to check that out, that doesnt sound right tho, cuz like i said about still being in standing block position while blocking sub's slide at the end of the string...

edit:

oh, ok my bad.
and im guessing, jailing can happen if they attempt to crouch block a a certain string to late, like with kitana, i've hit people with her cutter that attempted to crouch block the string at the last second...or did they just let go of down before i did cutter?
No, what you are thinking of now if called fuzzy blocking.
That is blocking at the last possible second.

Like i said, jailing is making the opponent HAVE to block something that normally could be avoided.

Someone does a low hitting normal to you, you block high the entire time until the last second.
You will block the low, but still be in standing animation. This is called Fuzzy guarding/fuzzy blocking

Canoptek Zombie

Error Macro
Actually I do place in tourny's but at any rate, this is all ignorant banter, and a waste of my time, if your online here to troll, then take it somewhere else, and also if people say online records dont matter, they obviously cant hack it online, johnny online is terrible for the record zaf, its offline that gives the most trouble, all I stated was a question and it blew up into a flurry of trolls and hate, so with all do repect, have at it guys, this thread is useless to me.

zaf

professor
Actually I do place in tourny's but at any rate, this is all ignorant banter, and a waste of my time, if your online here to troll, then take it somewhere else, and also if people say online records dont matter, they obviously cant hack it online, johnny online is terrible for the record zaf, its offline that gives the most trouble, all I stated was a question and it blew up into a flurry of trolls and hate, so with all do repect, have at it guys, this thread is useless to me.
Cage is worse online then offline, trust me. This has nothing to do with not being able to "hack it". Online makes it really hard to poke out and play since the connection is so dynamic.
I used to play online but i do not need to anymore.
No one will troll here anymore, I'll make sure of it.
I do not believe any one was trolling you. Just not taking you seriously.
When you come here and use information and it is from online play, people will not take you seriously. So this is why you were not taken seriously.

Jer

I'm a literal Sloth
Cage is worse online then offline, trust me. This has nothing to do with not being able to "hack it". Online makes it really hard to poke out and play since the connection is so dynamic.
I used to play online but i do not need to anymore.
No one will troll here anymore, I'll make sure of it.
I do not believe any one was trolling you. Just not taking you seriously.
When you come here and use information and it is from online play, people will not take you seriously. So this is why you were not taken seriously.
This

Axel_Redd

online is still fun tho, even tho frame data means nothing, ranked is always fun :p

Canoptek Zombie

Error Macro
I wasn't aware...and I do apologize for causing a disturbance, I know that online is a joke, but other than that Ive only been to a handful of tourneys full of scrubs so I dont have much to go off of...my apologies

zaf

professor
Axel_Redd

sorry i missed this, i just saw something else you wrote.

"if u start a jailing string on a crouching opponent, they'll stay in crouch block position even if they let go of down right? and they'll stay in that position till the string ends or they let go of block right"

This also sort of has some truth.
If you land a blockstring that jails and the opponent is crouching, they will stay in crouch position until the string is over.
Regardless if they are high or low blocking.

Canoptek Zombie

Error Macro
Jer, I will continue to report your posts, if you dont stop trolling and posting things not relevant or positive to the thread.

zaf

professor
I wasn't aware...and I do apologize for causing a disturbance, I know that online is a joke, but other than that Ive only been to a handful of tourneys full of scrubs so I dont have much to go off of...my apologies
Don't worry about it.
This can be said for a large percentage of the community.
Keep playing online if you do enjoy it.
And keep bringing info or discussion to the ermac boards.
Just be warned how some people might treat what you say. Do not take it all to heart.

Somethings are different online. It can be a great place for experience and learning the game. But it can be a very different game online sometimes.

Axel_Redd

Axel_Redd

sorry i missed this, i just saw something else you wrote.

"if u start a jailing string on a crouching opponent, they'll stay in crouch block position even if they let go of down right? and they'll stay in that position till the string ends or they let go of block right"

This also sort of has some truth.
If you land a blockstring that jails and the opponent is crouching, they will stay in crouch position until the string is over.
Regardless if they are high or low blocking.
the same goes if they're standing, if they attempt to crouch, they remain standing right?
scorpions 111 comes to mind.

zaf

professor
Jer, I will continue to report your posts, if you dont stop trolling and posting things not relevant or positive to the thread.
Jer was not doing anything.

When he quoted me and wrote "This"
All he meant was that he was agreeing with me.
He bolded this "When you come here and use information and it is from online play, people will not take you seriously. So this is why you were not taken seriously."

This is why he was here in the first place like i mentioned, people do not take online seriously.
Just ignore everything.

zaf

professor
the same goes if they're standing, if they attempt to crouch, they remain standing right?
scorpions 111 comes to mind.
yes the same thing will apply.
Im not entirely sure if scorpions 111 does this though.
If it does do this cool. I do not remember off by heart.

MKF30

Fujin and Ermac for MK 11
oh man my record is sooooooooo bad! please someone help learn to play online with teh ermac!!!1!11
its not like ive played and learned from the ONLY ermac to win a major (zaf). not sure if MKF30 alt account or just some arrogant guy
Well, hello there. While we're two entirely different people, heard you spoke my name. Care for some matches someone on xbox?