What's new

Strategy Ermac strings that jail.

Metzos

You will BOW to me!
Ok so the point of this thread is to post strings of Ermac that jail which will help Ermac players improve their rushdown game and generally improve their mixups and mindgames.

312: jails after a blocked jp or if the opponent blocks 3 while standing.
F114: jails if opponent blocks F1 while standing.
121: jails if opponent blocks 1 while standing.
22: jails if opponent blocks 2 while standing.
B114: does not jail (no need to actually cause all hits are special highs).
B12: does not jail.
F4B2: does not jail.
33: does not jail.

Post edited.

Canoptek Zombie

Error Macro
Jail is when you lock your opponent into blocking, and not matter how hard they try, its nearly impossible to get out of the string. This is relevant to Johnny Cage, which brings me to my question, what is a concrete way to counter/escape Johnny's jails with ermac, its boiled down to me just having to low 3 and hope I get the jump out, any tips?

Qwark28

Joker waiting room
Jail is when you lock your opponent into blocking, and not matter how hard they try, its nearly impossible to get out of the string. This is relevant to Johnny Cage, which brings me to my question, what is a concrete way to counter/escape Johnny's jails with ermac, its boiled down to me just having to low 3 and hope I get the jump out, any tips?
No,what you're describing is a basic non interruptible blockstring

jail means forcing your opponent to block high or low.

learn frame data,d3 and jumping will get you killed

Canoptek Zombie

Error Macro
know frame data, and johnny cage annihilates ermac in every respect, how about some constructive advice, and yes I know jumping gets you killed Ive been an MK player since I was 9

Qwark28

Joker waiting room
know frame data, and johnny cage annihilates ermac in every respect, how about some constructive advice, and yes I know jumping gets you killed Ive been an MK player since I was 9
if you knew frame data you wouldn't need to ask that question.

but i'll oblige,d3 on crouch block has enough advantage to get you a free throw

if you don't like my advice then don't take it,simple as that.

if you knew jumping gets you killed,you wouldn't be jumping.

no,he doesnt anihilate ermac,Metzos does just fine vs Cimmerian and Hidan

Canoptek Zombie

Error Macro
well first of no need to be a troll, and second, learn how to spell Annihilate, auto correct is a wonderful tool for the uneducated ;) also, if you seriously think that d3 on the crouch block gives you room for a non punishable throw, from cages that block 24/7 anyway, you need to put your training boots back on

Qwark28

Joker waiting room
well first of no need to be a troll, and second, learn how to spell Annihilate, auto correct is a wonderful tool for the uneducated ;) also, if you seriously think that d3 on the crouch block gives you room for a non punishable throw, from cages that block 24/7 anyway, you need to put your training boots back on
the uneducated point out that sentences start with a capital letter

throws are unblockable.

if they're blocking 24/7 then why can't you simply walk away if throws are being "blocked"?

im trying to help you and youre bashing me,not like i play Metzos or anything

go learn frame data

Canoptek Zombie

Error Macro
Im not bashing you, you just seem to like downing my questions

and second off Toki, you obviously dont know anything about me, my Ermac is 1004/20 on MK online XBL, so nice try bud

Qwark28

Joker waiting room
Im not bashing you, you just seem to like downing my questions

and second off Toki, you obviously dont know anything about me, my Ermac is 1004/20 on MK online XBL, so nice try bud
Dunno if REO

or actually thinks online means something

lol k.

weird how i down your questions by answering them.

Canoptek Zombie

Error Macro
At this point the MK online community is so badly broken, theirs really no point to playing online anymore, this record was back when the game first came out, when it was decent, and all we had to deal with was johnny Cages infinite x-ray, and Cyrax's infinite combos lol

Qwark28

Joker waiting room
At this point the MK online community is so badly broken, theirs really no point to playing online anymore, this record was back when the game first came out, when it was decent, and all we had to deal with was johnny Cages infinite x-ray, and Cyrax's infinite combos lol
oh you mean back then when the lag was worse,ermacs tkp had less recovery frames,22 connected to lift,frame data wasnt know and nobody knew how to fight vs ermac?

i feel you bro

Axel_Redd

Vampire Jesus....he wants YOUR blood now!!
I thought jailing means that your unable to change your blocking posistion, like if you were to suddenly block low against a subzero ending his combo in slide, you'd still be stand blocking but block his slide anyway...

zaf

professor
With ermac, use 31 on someone, they can poke out after the 3.
Do a JIP, then do a 31. They can not poke out of the string after the 3.
The jip makes the blockstring Jail.

Jail means that the blockstring will not whiff, that the opponent must block the entire string.

Cage does not destroy ermac.
Just like metzos, i have a cage to practice with. I play cage a lot now.
Canoptek Zombie, if you want to beat cage, you need to know his frame data, as well as ermacs.

You need to be able to block his mix ups (by knowing cages frame data)
You basically need to know when you can iafb,
when you can dash back and lift,
when you can counter poke
and when you should still be blocking.

Grabbing is essential as well, once you have frame advantage.
If cage d3's/d1's you and you block this, you can d1 and he can not block this. He has to take the hit.
If he gets hit, you can do a blockstring, grab or do an iafb.
your blockstring can be poked out of, so try and use 121 or 312. others wont be fast enough
Pokes into iafb is amazing with ermac since the pushback is very large.

Tokiwartoothxdk

『T R I G G E R E D』
Probably because your record blows as well as your characters, dont be mad bro
oh man my record is sooooooooo bad! please someone help learn to play online with teh ermac!!!1!11
its not like ive played and learned from the ONLY ermac to win a major (zaf). not sure if MKF30 alt account or just some arrogant guy

Canoptek Zombie

Error Macro
lol at this point online is so broken that my wins came from the beginning, now I only play for kicks to watch the brokeness ensue that is the MK online community