What's new

Strategy Ermac Patch Notes

So the only thing changed about him was more damage scaling, and a couple other things I don't understand? Alright cool, I've been thinking about picking him back up. It seems like there's not too many people repping him in tourneys or discovering new technology with him.

LockM

Noob
Tested out a few of his Bnb's:
1.JIP, b.1,1,2 xx Lift, JK xx Teleport, dash 1,2 xx Push. (45%)
2.JIP, b.1,1,2 xx EX Lift, JK, dash 2,2 xx Push (51%)
3.JIP, b.1,1,2 xx EX Lift, JK, dash, 2,2 xx EX Push(53%)
4.JIP, b.1,1,2 xx EX Lift, JK xx Teleport, JK xx Teleport, d.1 xx Push.(53%)
5.B.2(full) xx Lift, JK xx Teleport, dash, 1,2 xx Push(30%)
6.B.2(full) xx Lift, JK xx Teleport, dash, 2 xx Push(30%)
7.B.2(full) xx Lift, JK xxTeleport, dash, 2 xx Push(36%)
8.B.2(full),b.1 xx Lift, JK xx Teleport, dash, 1,2 xx Push.(45%)
9.B.2(full),b.1 xx Lift, JK xx Teleport, dash, 2 xx Push.(45%)
10.JIP, 3,1 xx Lift, JK, xx Teleport, dash, 2,2 xx Push. (41%)
11.JIP b.1,2,f.1, Teleport, Lift, dash, b.1,2,f.1, dash, Push( 42%) <-less??

Tested a few combo's that started from an airborn opponent:
1.JP, dash, Lift, dash, b.1,2,f.1, dash, Push(21%)
2.JP, dash, Lift, dash, b.1,2,f.1, Teleport, Push(24%)
3.JP, dash, Lift, JK xx Teleport, dash, 1,2 xx Push(23%)(with EX Lift it's 25%)
4.JK xx Teleport, JK xx Teleport, d.1 xx Lift, dash, b.1,2,f.1, dash, Push(39%) 1% less??(EX Push it's 41%)
5.JK xx Teleport, JK xx Teleport, d.1 xx Lift, JK xx Teleport, d.1 xx Lift(38%)
6.JK xx Teleport, JK xx Teleport, d.1 xx EX Lift, JK xx Teleport, d.1 xx Lift(40%)
7.JK xx Teleport, JK xx Teleport, d.1 xx EX Lift, JK xx Teleport, d.1 xx Push(42%)

I'm insure what the numbers were previousely, however i don't think anything significant changed?
Anyway test these yourself and see what numbers you get, btw i didn't do any corner combos because to be honest i don't know any except the b1.2.f1 loop and that is WAY too inconsistent for me to pull off(need to let the opponent fall really deep after his string into lift), i'm probably doing something wrong though

As far as dashblocking goes...way harder imo, negative edge, still got it with the b.2 charge, got the fireball pretty often.

MKF30

Fujin and Ermac for MK 11
I don't think ermac needs armor on anything, personally. I cant imagine playing him and ultilizing armor, I guess. Btw ermacs overhead is up+4. Its slow, its guardable, but it needs to be thrown in once in awhile to keep them respecting high for F4.
Well, then my stance remains. Either give him armor on his TK push OR, one good FAST overhead...

Us ermac players are only asking for armor on one move, most of the characters in the game have armor on at least one move(if not more) they already nerfed his damage, his scaling, his TK push hit box etc, how much more can you nullify Ermac?

He's far from Eazymac, that's for sure..much less top tier so I think he should get a buff...Yes, I know his overhead is U4 but it's so slow it's a shitty overhead being slow as hell thus rendering it useless...I mean a real overhead, not a shitty one that you can see coming from miles away. His F4 into throw mix ups are better..

Metzos

You will BOW to me!
Well, then my stance remains. Either give him armor on his TK push OR, one good FAST overhead...

If they give him armor on his EX TK push you wont believe how many ppl will start bitching about that in a veeeeeeery big way.
Personally the only thing i think Ermac needs is a good overhead cause yeah his U4 sucks badly,i dont care if its safe on block the move is useless.And in my opinion they need to make his F4 safer on block cause its full combo punishable and thats ridiculus.i dont even have a special cancel after that move and its full combo punishable ?this is a joke for real.The reason Ermac doesnt have armor moves is that because he is one of the best zoners in the game with some good pressure moves.So i believe, regarding his special moves ofc, he is fine.

Ermaculate_Slim

We are Many but we didnt make MK11 not one

If they give him armor on his EX TK push you wont believe how many ppl will start bitching about that in a veeeeeeery big way.
Personally the only thing i think Ermac needs is a good overhead cause yeah his U4 sucks badly,i dont care if its safe on block the move is useless.And in my opinion they need to make his F4 safer on block cause its full combo punishable and thats ridiculus.i dont even have a special cancel after that move and its full combo punishable ?this is a joke for real.The reason Ermac doesnt have armor moves is that because he is one of the best zoners in the game with some good pressure moves.So i believe, regarding his special moves ofc, he is fine.

Idk know about that.I use U4 all the time doing mix-ups.I like to hit the opponent with two f4 in a row and end it with U4 cause there a high probability they will block low after the double F4.So I find it useful when Im close range pressuring.

@LockM

awesome that you went through all the BnBs, they look normal.

however what they would have changed due to being "too much damage" would be his wall combos including b12f1 loops

and what they would have normalized due to poor damage scaling would be b34 and f2

if anyone can check these out that'd be well appreciated, but its only a day away until I can do it myself so no big deal.

Roderyk

Noob
why do you want a buff?? ermac is one of the best. his uppercut has the biggest hitbox and can AA combo after it for 45%+ damage!!! como on and 51% for 1 meter no reset is just nonsense..

Ermaculate_Slim

why do you want a buff?? ermac is one of the best. his uppercut has the biggest hitbox and can AA combo after it for 45%+ damage!!! como on and 51% for 1 meter no reset is just nonsense..
lol We are not saying ermac needs buffs.It's kinda a wouldnt it be awesome kinda thing, besides I feel ermac should get some kind of a buff seeming how hes been slightly nerfed in every patch so far.

Error

DF2+R2
Cyrax's one meter no reset bnb does more than that situational combo, and Cyrax is a lot better character. Ermac is like a mid tier character. I think his specials are fine, some of his normals are lacking though.

MKF30

Some people already bitch over Ermac because they don't know how to block, dash lol. Know what I mean? But way I see it, they can't bitch all the time because Ermac is a mid tier at best...they nerfed him a lot so he's balanced now. I just don't see why people complain about Ermac at this point in time. You know?

But that's why I had said either or is fine, not both lol. Either armor on his enhanced TK push or a fast overhead that preferably can be done in combos. Totally agree, U4 does suck...I think most Ermac players can agree to that. Yeah, I'd definitely like to see his F4 safe on block...that would help him a lot.

Ermac is definitely one of the best zoners in the game, but tier wise mid which is why I feel nobody at this point should even think of pulling out the "Ermac is eazymac or broken" comments...when he's not even close. BTW, nice Ermac matches from the greek tourney :) So you speak English and Greek huh?

Because he could use one maybe? Ermac having one of the best uppercuts means nothing, everyone has an uppercut, some good enough or decent at least. Ermac has no rush down game, no good overheads and his TK P has been nerfed months ago on it's hitbox. The fact that he still has relatively good damaging combos is the only thing he has besides his zoning tools, which he's should have anyway...

Metzos

You will BOW to me!
Idk know about that.I use U4 all the time doing mix-ups.I like to hit the opponent with two f4 in a row and end it with U4 cause there a high probability they will block low after the double F4.So I find it useful when Im close range pressuring.

Yeah me too but the move is sooo slow that you can block it from a mile away if you are good with fuzzy guard so no.Trust me it sucks.

Killphil

A prop on the stage of life.
Unfortunately you didn't include how shit slow his uppercut is. Getting an AA uppercut with Ermac is just not as easy as it sounds. I was hoping that his damage was lowered to the point where people WOULD stop bitching but I'll have to wait and see for myself. He's a turtling character. Bait and punish is the name of the game for an Ermac user, but uppercutting a jump in requires the slightest bit of luck too. His specials are still super unsafe + no overhead + slower normals. In all honesty if you get hit by an Ermac bnb you deserve it. I don't want to sound like an ass but his up close game sucks ass. Maybe he should be doing slightly more damage based on how limited he is.

On the patch itself: I'm actually happy with the changes. No more invisible fireballs. I didn't know about the EX 2 in 1 glitch fireball. His damage nerf is a step in the right direction to move back to being called Ermac instead of Easymac. I'm guessing you included ALL his patch notes here? I'm pretty sure he only had two bullets for the current patch. Yes the lift from 2,2 needed to go(not that it was that good anyway) because you weren't supposed to be able to land a special after a string. I hope Ermac gets placed below god tier, I'm tired of arguing with my friend(a Reptile user...lol) about it.

Killphil

Because he could use one maybe? Ermac having one of the best uppercuts means nothing, everyone has an uppercut, some good enough or decent at least. Ermac has no rush down game, no good overheads and his TK P has been nerfed months ago on it's hitbox AND RECOVERY. The fact that he still has relatively good damaging combos is the only thing he has besides his zoning tools, which he's should have anyway...
added a little something for ya...

Ermaculate_Slim

You know what ive noticed and I think its funny as hell.How come the people who play high tier characters bitch the most?

in my opinion he doesn't need armor on EX push but only a safer and faster overhead because the actual one really reeeealy sucks.

Also a spin would be appreciated

MKF30

Either one would help Ermac, I'd take either. Both isn't necessary but one for sure.

A spin?

Error

DF2+R2
I'd love a air projectile and faster levitate cancel, but I know I'm just asking for random buffs. I'm also pretty sure I've asked for the full-screen, unblockable, AA tele-spin launcher some time ago.

Ermaculate_Slim

Id like for Ermac's 1,2,1 to be high low high and safer on block.But really all I really want is Armor on EX TK push or a faster U+4

Killphil

Damn boys, these buffs are getting a little strange. The faster levitate cancel..hmm..I can see that, but 1,2,1 being high,low,high would start "The Ermac Crybaby Thread" because you get a lift off a hit confirm. lol At giving him a spin..telekinectic spin = combo of kenshi/kung lao moves. Yea if his overhead was faster that'd be nice. Thats so easy to block even in lag its not hard. lol The move does catch people off guard though because generally if you're moving and right by someone they kinda lock up hoping to block whatever you're throwing at them. The overhead leads to no combos and its only saving grace is that it happens to be a hopping attack. (i.e. no slide/elbow dash wakeups. Interestingly enough if reptile does the elbow dash during your u4 he just goes right through you! )

Metzos

You will BOW to me!
I just want the overhead to be a bit faster (no link to lift thats ridiculus...) and F4 to be safer on block not full combo punishable.That thing is crazy.Apart from those two thing Ermac is just fine.

Metzos

You will BOW to me!
I just want the overhead to be a bit faster(no link to lift thats ridiculus....) and the F4 to be safer on block.Being punished by full combo is crazy.Apart from those two thing i think Ermac is just fine.