What's new

Strategy Ermac Patch Notes

Ermaculate_Slim

We are Many but we didnt make MK11 not one
Damn boys, these buffs are getting a little strange. The faster levitate cancel..hmm..I can see that, but 1,2,1 being high,low,high would start "The Ermac Crybaby Thread" because you get a lift off a hit confirm. lol At giving him a spin..telekinectic spin = combo of kenshi/kung lao moves. Yea if his overhead was faster that'd be nice. Thats so easy to block even in lag its not hard. lol The move does catch people off guard though because generally if you're moving and right by someone they kinda lock up hoping to block whatever you're throwing at them. The overhead leads to no combos and its only saving grace is that it happens to be a hopping attack. (i.e. no slide/elbow dash wakeups. Interestingly enough if reptile does the elbow dash during your u4 he just goes right through you! )
I'm just throwing ideas out there lol

GNG Iniquity

#bufftaquito #punchwalk #whiffycage
What was the harm in 22 connecting into TKS, again? 12 connects as does 31, I don't see why they removed it.

edit: nevermind, 22 was the full string. 12 and 31 are not.

MKF30

Fujin and Ermac for MK 11
Damn boys, these buffs are getting a little strange. The faster levitate cancel..hmm..I can see that, but 1,2,1 being high,low,high would start "The Ermac Crybaby Thread" because you get a lift off a hit confirm. lol At giving him a spin..telekinectic spin = combo of kenshi/kung lao moves. Yea if his overhead was faster that'd be nice. Thats so easy to block even in lag its not hard. lol The move does catch people off guard though because generally if you're moving and right by someone they kinda lock up hoping to block whatever you're throwing at them. The overhead leads to no combos and its only saving grace is that it happens to be a hopping attack. (i.e. no slide/elbow dash wakeups. Interestingly enough if reptile does the elbow dash during your u4 he just goes right through you! )
lol I know right, people think Ermac is "top tier" now when clearly he's not they'd bitch over anything....they can't get past..

Error

DF2+R2
I was joking lol, even though I do want more crying. In MK when a character gets nerfed it becomes stronger.

MKF30

lol I WISH Ermac had high lows haha. That would be so boss! Then Ermac would be a REAL threat, up close mind games and ultimate zoning tactics :) but we can dream lol

Ermaculate_Slim

We are Many but we didnt make MK11 not one
It seems everything we ask for is too much to ask for.We say faster overhead, They say you arent right in the head.We say Armor on TK push, They say your crazy u wuss.I say 1,2,1 High ,low high, they say people gonna cry. I mean is one Efin buff too much too ask for?

Metzos

You will BOW to me!
Soooooo FINALY the patch is out in the EU.Got to say i m glad.The only thing they nerfed from his dmg was my bnb corner combo but the dmg reduction is not a big deal(59% now 63% before) and the 49% midscreen combo which went down to 45%.No big deal.Thank god....

zaf

professor
The only change/buff ermac could really use is having the "1" in the 312 string jail the opponent or make f4 on its own safe.
As it currently stands, most players will just block all of ermacs block strings and react accordingly.
Block strings such as b114 , 121 and f4b2. F4 can also be punished if used on its own. It would be amazing if it was safe like U4.

Now as for the "1" in 312 jailing the opponent. Currently this string is ermacs best string. It is cancelable and allows for mixups. A lot of ermac's pressure can come off this block string. IF you want to see how this is best to be used please watch videos of Krazyie Bones ermac, as he is the only other ermac that I see using this effectively.

Now after the "3" hits, the 1 can be interrupted by a fast uppercut or a low poke.
If they just changed the "1" to be able to hit the opponent if they so choose to stop blocking, I think this would be really all the fixing he could use. As it stands it is really not hard to stop this string and halt ermacs pressure.
If f4 was made safe, this would make his upclose pressure more viable as well.

CJKRattlehead

Two men enter, one man leaves!
The 312 jailing seems like it would be a tad too much to me. A better overhead would help very much as would f4 being safe. Another problem i have with the suggested buffs is 121 being high low high, with ermac's damage potential i don't believe he should get a full combo off of a low or overhead starter.. Armour on TKP wouldn't have much of an effect IMO. I feel lost as to what ermac could really use. He deserves a buff if Cyrax and Reptile can get one but i feel like half of these things are just too much.

MKF30

Yeah, his damage keeps getting nerfed lol. :(

But his 312 still staggers, and his F4 which are great for mind games up close.

The armor on TKP would help Ermac up close, therefore it would help him against certain characters on trade.

Think Scorp's ex spear here...same thing.

But would have been nice to see a fast overhead but ehh. Most likely not going to happen :(