What's new

Strategy Ermac Key Strategy: Mix-ups

KH_Captain

Nightwolf wannabe
I guess more people do consider it to mean off the ground, but i'll always consider it to be on, just makes more sense to me.

zaf

professor
Really do not know where to put this, but I was messing around with ermacs fully charged b2 and what I could get as the biggest combo after the hit.

So after a b2 fully charged hits, you can dash at the right moment when it hits and be right beside the person. From here you can use this combo b2b1~lift jk tele 22~tkp
So you can hit with another b2 after you land a fully charged b2.

I need some help here. Is the last hit of the 312 string his only stagger move? I don't know why I'm drawing a blank here but someone let me know.

Reaosn I ask is because I've been thinking about following up a stagger move with a jump in and doing a cancelled b2 right afterwards. I know everyone expects the character to follow up staggers with jip followed by b114 due to the great chip and meter build but I want to explore other mix ups aswell.

Metzos

You will BOW to me!
I need some help here. Is the last hit of the 312 string his only stagger move? I don't know why I'm drawing a blank here but someone let me know.

Reaosn I ask is because I've been thinking about following up a stagger move with a jump in and doing a cancelled b2 right afterwards. I know everyone expects the character to follow up staggers with jip followed by b114 due to the great chip and meter build but I want to explore other mix ups aswell.
I was thinking this also for some time now. Other stagger move i can think of right now is the forceport. I was thinking of doing, after the stagger of 2 a deep jk to F114, if it can be jailed after a blocked deep jk, which is +4f on block, followed by a F2 which is also +4f on block and from there mix it up more.

It's days like these where I wish people still didn't know how to deal with the 312 string. It really was one of this characters better tools but it just seems everyone caught on to the fact that the 1 can be uppercutted(IIRC).

Primal Raptor

Quan-Cheesy
It is useless cause its sooooo damn slow.The only good thing about that move is that is safe and if the opponent decides to jump after he/she blocks it you have a guarantee uppercut to lift combo.But yeah its useless.He needs a better overhead.The reason we dont mention that move is that :)
if im not mistaken, ^4 counters slides, including sub-zeros. and its good if u land 3,1,2 on block or if they think ur gonna do a sweep or a fwd4. its aplicable, just mostly impractical

32 down 4 into lift. if the person's crouch blocking, just throw. That's been working for me great so far, but after the lift I've been doing pretty crappily (not good enough combos).

Also, are you guys saying that the lift picks people off the ground? I assumed it worked because they weren't blocking, but I didn't know I could mess with people who use delayed get up with that...

Don't know if this is the place to ask this but oh well, there is no general Ermac thread so here goes.

Last night I was just goofing around with the b2 cancel and noticed that I was able to quickly do b2 do other things like push, lift and d3. Don't know how useful this is but maybe someone can find some use for it. At least the people I was playing online kept thinking something was coming and I always caught them with a push.

Metzos

You will BOW to me!
Don't know if this is the place to ask this but oh well, there is no general Ermac thread so here goes.

Last night I was just goofing around with the b2 cancel and noticed that I was able to quickly do b2 do other things like push, lift and d3. Don't know how useful this is but maybe someone can find some use for it. At least the people I was playing online kept thinking something was coming and I always caught them with a push.
Yeah this is known. You can cancel B2 into any other specials or normals Ermac has. I use that ALOT. For example B2 dash cancel to throw is my favorite tech so far cause you take advantage of the fast dash and the range Ermac's throw has. Its really scary tbh.

Gh0sty

ばかみたいに無料

1 2 1 staggers, more so than 3 1 2 if I'm not mistaken.

Sent from my jailbroken iPhone using a pirated copy of Tapatalk

GhosT

Noob
Ermac is pretty solid character.. I just think too many ermacs stay inside for too long.. I think his rush tactics are so-so a and ermac players should not try and be overly agressive inside. I think he does a good job of forcing respect with max range push, and eventually can pick his spots to attack. I play too many ermacs who use his block strings as pressure and it does not work that well against someone who is familiar with him.

Try and rely on ermacs real strength and look for you chance to deal that big damage you got, but dont get too thirsty for it. I personally think ermac is that much stronger when he is at that mid to long range, close enough to make fireballs harder on reaction, far enough to back walk any forward attacks, and close enough to land max range push or slight dash and push.

I dont play ermac though, just inputting what types of ermacs give me the best wars.

Gh0sty

ばかみたいに無料
I don't mind you giving me free jump ins after 121 :3
I'm picking up big Mac again, and thought there were more stagger frames on hit with the 121 string. Guess it was my error, Error . Btw, I'm down for some Mac mirrors whenever you are.

Error

DF2+R2
I'm picking up big Mac again, and thought there were more stagger frames on hit with the 121 string. Guess it was my error, Error . Btw, I'm down for some Mac mirrors whenever you are.

:cool:, dat pun.

If not one of these nights, I'll be on more after my Christmans break begins. Been busy with school, track, and college apps.

Gh0sty

ばかみたいに無料
:cool:, dat pun.

If not one of these nights, I'll be on more after my Christmans break begins. Been busy with school, track, and college apps.
Sounds good dude. I'm on break soon too. HMU killa.

Owerbart

I miss you
standing 1 is also 0 on block and i think it's awesome for mixing up. specially if your opponent is reading 31, 121.

Zoidberg747

My blades will find your heart
So Ive decided to give Ermac another shot as I need someone to bring some fresh air to the game for me.

I was messing around in training mode and found myself canceling 3,2 into iAB for pushback. Does anyone know if this is interruptable, or if there are any glaring faults with using it?

Metzos

You will BOW to me!
So Ive decided to give Ermac another shot as I need someone to bring some fresh air to the game for me.

I was messing around in training mode and found myself canceling 3,2 into iAB for pushback. Does anyone know if this is interruptable, or if there are any glaring faults with using it?
It is interruptable. iaFB is better used without strings. Fast advancing normals or specials can interrupt it.