What's new

Ermac has an even less stable placement than the DLCs characters... Why?

Characters that apply a lot of pressure will give Ermac troubles and I fully agree with that, however, I'm finding that I can deal with the pressure easily by just timing a d1 perfectly when they go for any sort of cross up. The d3 I just love because it is a nice and fast tool. Haven't really tried out the d4 yet or am I misquoting someone? Could have sworn I saw someone saying d4 was good aswell.

As for Ermac not having any armored moves, I agree that even if he did have one, people will be crying all over the place. And I think it would mainly be because the character's damage output is high enough off of one bnb combo that can easily be started from an AA 1 or d1.

MKF30

Fujin and Ermac for MK 11
Ermac does have tons of potential and tricks most people have no idea of...

There are things I do with him and have discovered within past few months that I don't see other Ermac players do or mentioned yet... but I don't even want to say because it works for me lol and I really don't think the typical Ermac player uses him to full potential. He can mix it up well up close, his poke is highly underestimated...his F4 is awesome when used here and there, his levitation lift is hardly if ever used but should be(ask anyone who's played me, I use it often and it is a GREAT tool if used properly), he's arguably top 3 in the game at zoning and keeping people far, easily. His B2, while a lot of people use it as part of his reset isn't just the only good use. I use it and cancel it then buffer into another move, you'd be surprised how confused you can make people if you do it/cancel it fast lol. Great at baiting people.

I agree with slips there, when we played my Ermac beat his Scorpion but he was also the only guy I used at the time who could do so. Since his Scorp is godly. I think that's a great example, I'm not sure about Ermac being top 10, but should be top 12-15 at least.

Ermac is also one of the few characters in the game who can keep Raiden at bay and hurt him bigtime...and even deal with KL at times(who imo to this day has no weak match ups...)

If Ermac had A. armor on some of his moves and/or B. a FAST effective overhead or high into low mix up, forget about it. He'd be top 10 for sure, but sadly he doesn't have these...so he's not. That doesn't mean he can't do serious damage though.